Troutons

enginelane

Bad night sleeping so up even earlier than normal, bolsters completed and have ordered transfers so will be able to brand other steel carriers as well. Have some work to prepare for tomorrow but aiming to get first coat of paint on wagon before the end of the day. Time for a walk I think.

post-9435-0-30899500-1451813222_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Managed a little early morning modelling before work today and another BTA takes shape - one to go and then painting,lettering, weathering etc to come. Still undecided to make loads as need to find a cheap source of tubing than evergreen!

Raid the dining room at school for some drinking straws.

Jamie

Quick mock up and will going with this and decided to use this image to model from except ERF cab rather than Atkinson.

Main changes to body - fill in the gaps in the tank, raising the height by adding the additional tank element, remaking the filler units

post-9435-0-92620100-1452360296_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-78894700-1452360310_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 8

Bad night so up early but that gives opportunity to base paint the wagons. Having looked on the www lots of shots of 5 wagon trains so will stick with this as a rake. It will take up up 1/3 of a fiddle yard train so provide a useful and not frequently modelled train.

post-9435-0-25445800-1452756600_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Earth wash added and dirty black to bogies and under frames. Looking at the transfers seem not to have the right size EWS to fit in the solebar and cannot remember where I got the ones on the first one I made. Found a supplier of black plastic straws 4mm diameter but do I really need 1000, Chris - on your new layout are you thinking of having a pipe mill / stockist?

For the large pipe carrier looks like Evergreen tubing is the way to go to make its load

post-9435-0-85319400-1452974934_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 4