Troutons

enginelane

Regular visitors to this thread may remember a fuel tanker should have on display at Sheffield. The completed tanker is somewhere but fell foul of the ' it's been on the windowsill in the kitchen' 3 day rule and if not moved gets shifted by the wife to who knows where!

I was looking forward to seeing that fuel tanker too! Hopefully it will turn up soon

Some cracking pics this is one of my favourite layouts.

Chris

Taking advantage of wife being in Germany to empty out the spare bedroom so hopefully will come across the tanker!

Thanks for your comments regarding the layouts. It's too big to put up in the Clubrooms without having to empty downstairs room so it's only at exhibitions we can run trains

Finally found the tanker. It was in the garage mixed up with some Vimes Street stuff. I must have put it in there to spray a coat of primer and with being ill never went back in there again until I was looking for something else this morning.

Still needs primer coat and finishing!

I will of course apologise to the wife

post-9435-0-10824500-1458826270_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-24873400-1458826286_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-37817700-1458826299_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-17863500-1458826310_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 4

Got to see Troutons in the flesh last week at Sheffield.

The pictures shown in the previous posts don't truly portray the effort the Wakefield team have put into it.

The real thing is even more inspirational than the photos, I'd urge anyone to get out and see it!

Tooth extraction and after 50 mins of janking on the bad boy it finally came out and nearly took out the dental assistant who chose a bad time to lean in!

Will spend the rest of the day waiting for the numbness to wear off and the pain to begin!

I think a bit of painting is called for on the tanker!

Edited by enginelane

Spurred on by Tangoman and his description of how to make a thin bore pipe load and to take off my mind from a throbbing jaw progress made so far. I did start a load before it was going to cost more in Evergreen tube than the wagon itself but using the what cannot be seen only use bits of tubing I think it will be cost effective load

post-9435-0-97590900-1459280711_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Spurred on by Tangoman and his description of how to make a thin bore pipe load and to take off my mind from a throbbing jaw progress made so far. I did start a load before it was going to cost more in Evergreen tube than the wagon itself but using the what cannot be seen only use bits of tubing I think it will be cost effective load

Pupil teaching the master, love it!

• Like 1

Day 1 at Keighley and in the Ingrow a Engine Shed not the Carriage Museum. Open 10 to 4 Sunday.

Interesting day never put a layout up across boards spanning a railway track and has resulted in a very bouncy fiddleyard but layout running remarkably well today.

Taking opportunity to test out different running patterns and less stock created some interesting routes and workings to put in the full,exhibition running.

Spiral staircase next to layout meant opportunity to take some birds eye shots and of the fuel tanker waiting for the next loco!

post-9435-0-10011300-1460225015.jpeg

post-9435-0-53229700-1460225023.jpeg

post-9435-0-50150700-1460225036.jpeg

post-9435-0-93529100-1460225044.jpeg

post-9435-0-31315400-1460225054.jpeg

post-9435-0-44588200-1460225062.jpeg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Day 1 at Keighley and in the Ingrow a Engine Shed not the Carriage Museum. Open 10 to 4 Sunday.

Interesting day never put a layout up across boards spanning a railway track and has resulted in a very bouncy fiddleyard but layout running remarkably well today.

Taking opportunity to test out different running patterns and less stock created some interesting routes and workings to put in the full,exhibition running.

Spiral staircase next to layout meant opportunity to take some birds eye shots and of the fuel tanker waiting for the next loco!

Very Brian Monaghan esque!

Mike.

Layout back in storage after a cold day inside the Ingrow Loco museum but good to talk to a lot of interested visitors to the museum. Repair needed to a fiddle board end piece of track otherwise just a little fettling needed for Wigan and Wakefield in the autumn.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Saw New Bryford at the Cleakheaton/ Bradford Show yesterday and the Network 150 was running and has spurred me onto to complete my conversion - not sure if I can get sound sorted though!

So aim is indeed Wigan to have it ready and rolling

• Like 2