Bachmann Collectors Club - Royal Train Staff Sleeping Car

Andy Y

On show at Warley is the next Bachmann Collectors Club limited edition.

BCC_RoyalSlpr1s.jpg

The Mark 1 Staff Sleeper 2908 was built in 1958 at Wolverton as an SLF for Royal Train duties until the 1980s with a subsequent life in prservation until recently scrapped.

BCC_RoyalSlpr2s.jpg

The paint, lining and lettering is an excellent finish!

I thought this looked superb and am sure it will be a popular model,hopefully Bachmann will add further stock at a later date to complete the Royal Train.

I know little about the Royal Train so perhaps someone could list what other rolling stock would be required to form the minimum of the said train.

Any news as to when this will be available to Bachman Collectors' Club members?

When I spoke to the young lady on Bachmanns stand at Warley she said the order form would be going out with the next magazine,which i think she said would be this week.

I wonder if the magazine will arrive before Christmas here in Drake's New Albion - it will be touch and go if they go out this next week.

This coach is a very curious choice. No doubt it will be very welcome by a select few.

Hornby has their Diamond Jubilee royal train set (with Britannia) on sale for £149.99. (This week only!)  Based on the illustrations the Hornby bogies are grey and their roofs are a lighter shade of grey, so this won't be an exact match.

• RMweb Premium

i think royal vehicles have always had the roof and underframe/bogies in the same lighter grey

e.g. http://shed83a.smugmug.com/CoachingStock/Mk3-Loco-Hauled/Mk3-Royal/18265395_NwVmSR#!i=1794153394&k=DgcfCdM&lb=1&s=A

don't know how it compares to Hornby's grey

another point for the modern train (don't know about previously) would be the different coloured bogie springs plus pipes/conduits too

I only briefly had a look at it {,but was impressed with the overall finish.} as it  is a Christmas present it is elsewhere, [Easier if I pick my prezzies] but it is the excellent Mk 1. Livery is well executed although as others have quoted colour of bogies may be incorrect [i do not know],slightly different Maroon from Hornby's coach.The Bachmann representative thought there could well be more models to come to compliment it.Bachmann Collectors Club will have 3 special edition models forthcoming , I presume will be 00 and N.

Sorry I can not be more helpful ,but  Andy's photos should help.

I look forward to getting the magazine and ordering this - I have cleared space for it in a display cabinet already where it will sit in an unlikely rake with the Frizinghall camping coach and Model Rail Satlink GUV! I guess that if I rank up the club offive now they would sell and despatch one despite the magazines not having arrived yet? I look forward to finding out what the other two special models are.

• RMweb Gold

I thought this looked superb and am sure it will be a popular model,hopefully Bachmann will add further stock at a later date to complete the Royal Train.

I know little about the Royal Train so perhaps someone could list what other rolling stock would be required to form the minimum of the said train.

Formation of Royal Train can vary a lot depending on the type of journey and who is on board. Strong hints that it is to be discontinued as it supposedly costs a lot to run.

• RMweb Gold

For info the Bachmann Times along with the Age Of The Train calendar dropped on the mat this morning resulting in one Royal Sleeping Car being purchased.

what are the other 2 Ltd Ed's that were mentioned futher up the thread?

what are the other 2 Ltd Ed's that were mentioned futher up the thread?

The same Royal Train Mk1 in N Gauge and a road vehicle.

I was quite impressed to see a J37 on Montrose shed depicted in the calendar, the same loco that worked the final train on the Bervie branch - wonderful scene.

Archived