Pontefract Model Railway Exhibition 25 - 26 January 2014

Koyli

• RMweb Premium

Went today. Improved facilities in part of the building - lovely. Cafe is so much better but be there before 12!! Bacon sarnies available all day.

Some really very good layouts. I liked Axemouth, Trevenna Mill, St Merryn (in particular for 'simplicity' and being S4) and the Lego Layout - truly brilliant for little uns (and some big uns too). 

Great show lads and thanks to eastwestdivide for the lift, company and site visit to the new Joan Croft Junction diversionary route and Knottingly Station Car Park.

I am ashamed to say I didn't buy any railway goodies but did win a prize on the Hospice draw.

P

Thank you to everyone who has visited so far and for your kind comments. Trophies awarded to:

Best NPRMS member's layout:  Trevena Mill

Alan Creswell Trophy for best scenic feature:  Eagle Rock

Best Continental layout: Bergeller Bahn

Best Layout in show: St Merryn

We're open at 10:00am again tomorrow.

• RMweb Gold

We have had a great day at the show. Well looked after and a good venue with plenty of space for all our bits and pieces behind the layout.

Some great layouts to see in our breaks.

Of course the lunch plenty of hot drinks and the social food and drink after the show has in no way influenced us!!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow morning, well after we have tried a few local hostelries around town tonight.

And no i wasn't building another piece of rolling stock to run on the layout.

Ian

pS. Despite rumours, no I wasn't driving when I posted on the M25 yesterday morning!

I went over this afternoon. A good show, very well organised and very friendly.

Bergeller Bahn is outstanding. I managed a few shots.

Will hopefully make it tomorrow afternoon, looks to be worth the trip for the novelty of A layout or two based on Australian prototypes......

Wow, those upside down pictures of Bergeller bahnn take some beating!

Thanks for all the nice comments about the show.  Sadly, we have no access to some of the car parking tomorrow however, the roadside opposite the college is free on Sundays.  In addition, there is plenty of parking on Pontefract Park.

I hope everyone had a great time.

Tony the mad fool who likes to think he has something to do with running the show

Archived