Pontefract Model Railway Exhibition 25 - 26 January 2014

Koyli

Normanton and Pontefract RMS will be holding our 45th exhibition at NEW College, Park Lane, Pontefract WF8 4QR on the 25/26 January 2014.  Full details available on our website at www.nprms.org (may need to input web address manually on some mobile devices)

Saturday 25 January 2014 10:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday 26 January 2014 10:00am - 4:30pm

All adults £5. Accompanied children U16 free.  Includes a complimentary show guide

Layouts attending

St George's Quay (O)

Banbury (N)

St Merryn (S4)

Bergeller Bahn (HOm)

Upper Benllech (OO)

Thistlemere (OO)

Axmouth (OO)

That Dam Railway (OO9)

Hoglington (N)

Langholme (N)

Murrayville Yard (HO)

LEGO layout

Erdinger (HO)

Thomas (OO)

Eagle Rock (On30)

Trevena Mill (OO)

Williamsberg (N)

Chesil Exchange (O)

New NPRMS O gauge (under construction)

Headingley (N)

Traders

Contikits; Unit Models; Back on Track;A1 Models; Wizard Models; Model Railway Shop; Elmete Images; Wensleydale DTG; The Signalman; NYMR; Milnsbridge Models; Andrew Neale; DC Kits; Modellers Mate; Road & Rail Collectables; Uncommon Kits; NER Days; Millennium Models; Shawplan Model Products; Prince of Wales Hospice; Digitrains; Direct Train Spares - Burnley.

Also demonstrations by Bob Dawson (buildings), Charlie Shearn (trees), Ruth Redgwick (painting figures), 2mm Finescale Society and European Railways Association.  Club sales stand, excellent café facility, disabled access.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been meaning to go to your show for quite a while, but not made it yet. What's parking like - for our Transit sized campervan?

Hello.

There is free parking on the college site - though this does get rather busy - with further free spaces available at the nearby racing stables and at Pontefract park (both just a short walk from the college and off Park Lane).  Hope to see you there.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.  The nearest railway station is Pontefract Tanshelf (about 0.25 mile/5-10 min walk from the college).  This is on the Wakefield Kirkgate - Knottingley line, as is Pontefract Monkhill station (about 1.25 miles away).  Monkhill is also on the Leeds - Knottingley line and is served by Northern Rail and Grand Central.  Pontefract Baghill (about 1 mile) is on the Sheffield - York line, but has a very limited frequency.  This website may be of help:  www.wymetro.com/TrainTravel/traintimetables/pontefractline/

Thanks for letting me know about the 'directions' link on the website.  I've checked this and it does seem to work okay with Google Chrome, but Internet Explorer asks you to open a  new window - which then seems okay.  This link may help: 

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=New+College+Pontefract,+Park+Lane,+Pontefract&hl=en&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,19.753418&oq=new+college+pon&hq=New+College+Pontefract,+Park+Lane,+Pontefract&t=m&z=15

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. Having researched the problem, there seem to be some issues with displaying certain pages within iframes, which are used on our site.  I've had a look at this and have made some amendments to allow linking to Streetmap for directions, as well as through Google maps.    I've tested the new links using IE/Chrome/iPod and they seem to work okay.  Manually inputting the web address instead of using the hyperlink seems to help too.

• RMweb Gold

Have a safe journey Ian-I'll probably meet you somewhere along the M6 going south to Southampton!

Martin enjoy the warm of the South!

Mind you it's more likely to be wind and rain along the Coast this weekend.

More likely to pass you on the M40.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Guys my apologies - I would loved to have got to your show as I always find things to buy and watch but my cricket umpiring duties preclude this. So have a great Show!!

Archived