Pontefract Model Railway Exhibition 25 - 26 January 2014

Koyli

• RMweb Gold

A really great show with a good mix of layouts which kept me occupied all Saturday afternoon.

A few photos for your enjoyment.

St. Merryn

Trevena Mill

Bergeller Bahn

Banbury

Eagle Rock

Chesil Exchange

Axmouth

Erdinger

Murrayville Yard

That Dam Railway

Thistlemere

Upper Benllech

Thanks to the N&PRMS and all the exhibitors and traders.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks lads. I could have stayed at home and just looked at these.........

But then I wouldn't have seen:

Bobs brilliant modification to two little Metcalfe Card Kits. They were almost unrecognisable as card after his magic was worked. Lovely stuff Bob as was Charles' next to you; those autumnal trees were excellent Charles.

Also the new Club 7mm diesel era layout; that's going to look great by next year (and the 'naughty' 37 will 'start' one day :read: lads - change to NCE control IMO)

• RMweb Gold

Also the new Club 7mm diesel era layout; that's going to look great by next year (and the 'naughty' 37 will 'start' one day :read: lads - change to NCE control IMO)

Yes, it's looking like it will be a good one. I did suggest a button with the sound of 'Easy Start' being sprayed into the air intake...

• RMweb Premium

I rather stupidly missed out for compliments:

Ruth Sedgwick painting figures (they were 7mm that's why I might have forgotten as I'm not into 7mm myself). Truly beautiful individual characters created by her work and she is not a 'pro' artist I heard.

Also the N gauge layout Headingley. Again simple concept, great scene and the Class 40 with a Brake Tender. Apart from my layout that's the first time I've seen a BT being propelled on a layout (OK so I don't get out much.....). On my layout it/they (I've got one green and one blue) just gets shunted around. On this layout it's on a proper freight; neat.

Actually I'm going to say that there was not one layout that I found to be 'uninteresting'.

I also forgot to mention the excellent pickled onions (jar of) I bought from the Hospice stand. Already some consumed to keep SWMBO at bay whilst spending dosh on the internet.

P

• RMweb Gold

It's been another great day here at the show and busy again.

Cracking Yorkshire puddings for lunch for us exhibitors. Hope we all fit in the car after all the food we have been provided with over the weekend!!!

Just a shame that it all has to come to an end this evening and the long drive back to a wet South East.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I admire Andrew Hartshorne hugely, as he attends hundreds of shows and it is an exhausting occupation. His range of goods is also amazing. Who else would have buffers for the Iron Ore wagons that ran on the Tyne Dock Consett trains.

I've seen him smile.

P

• RMweb Gold

We departed the showjust after 5 pm and arrived home at 9pm so a ptretty good run yonight even with a detour onto the M40 due to an accident on the M1 near Northampton.

Laoyut now safely packed away.

Thanks again to the organisers for a wonderful weekend.

Ian

Thanks to the Normanton & Pontefract team from the Hull MRS Hoglington crew. :good:

As usual a high standard and friendly show. From the exhibitor point of view, excelent hospitality. Well fed and watered (where else are you offered free beer at a Saturday Night Social! :drink_mini:) and regular contact from the hosts to check we were happy. Many other shows large and small could learn a few things about how to look after their exhibitors. :friends:

Sadly didn't go to Ponty this year I had to visit relatives.Now I'm wishing I did. 

St Merryn looks tremendous I'll definitely keep a lookout for this one on the exhibition circuit.

Wizard Models and Andy Hartshorne he always seems to be at all the shows I go to,he must "do" a tremendous number.The photo got me thinking about all the stuff I must have bought from him over the years.What we'd do for signalling parts if he wasn't around doesn't bare thinking about.Serious trader possibly, seriously good trader definitely, long may he continue.Thanks Andy.

The other reason I wished I'd gone to the show?Well the relatives, you know how it is.

I'd just like to add my thanks to everyone who attended our show, both the Traders, the Exhibitors, the club members and the visitors but not least, a great big thanks to all the club members wives and partners who did a magnificent job running the café.

It was hard work but definitely worth it.

Apologies to anyone who came and had trouble parking.  The college has a couple of small car parks and within 200 yards or so there is Pontefract Park with hundreds of spaces in.  In the past, the stewards of the stables have allowed parking in their private car park.  This year they coned off part of the car park which is grassed as they did not want it used.  Unfortunately, some visitors did not see the cones or the tape between the cones and parked on the grass churning it up.  As a result, permission to use this was cancelled and we had to ask people to move their cars.  On Sunday we were not permitted to use the car park at all.  Sadly this is likely to mean that any future events at the College will also be denied the use of this private land.

We are looking into the possibility of having more signs made to direct people into the Pontefract Park public car parks as a first resort. 

Talking of signs, as a result of 'feedback' we will also have to invest in some more signs to direct everyone through the maze of buildings in the college to the main entrance. 

So, despite the car parking problems, I hope everyone had a thoroughly great visit to our show and hope to see you back next year (weekend 24-25 January 2015).

It was appreciated not having to venture outside to get from one hall to the other this year...

One day they'll finish rebuilding the place and it will be the same two years running...

• RMweb Gold

I've been to the Normanton & Pontfract show a number of times in the past as a punter and always found it to be worth the trip over pennines, but this was my first time as an exhibitor.  I'd like to add my thanks for a fantastic weekend.  Another excellent exhibtion, first class hospitality and good craic.  :-)
A Friday night out in "Cas-vagus" followed by a Saturday night out in "Ponte-carlo" was an interesting experience too. ;-)

We took St Merryn to the Pontefract show last weekend and we all had a great weekend and were very well looked after for which we say a massive thank you to all the Normanton & Pontefract RMS team who made us so very very welcome at what was a fantastically well organised exhibition with excellent hospitality.

St Merryn was awarded a “pot” which was unexpected but much appreciated.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our last two visits “up North” have been so friendly and enjoyable. Must be something in the water?

Other shows should take note of Pontefract's successful organisation and hospitality and adopt it as “the way model railway shows should be done”

To quote a well know advert – “If a certain lager company did model railway shows it would be the Pontefract Show!”

Keep up the good work.

Steve

This was the friendliest exhibition I've been to. All the society members were keen to chat and there was a relaxed welcoming atmosphere.

Hey, c'mon!

You can't sneak off and leave us with a load of @rse over tip piccies!

Oh, all right then, here they are:

post-7286-0-26811000-1391307534_thumb.jpg

post-7286-0-78238400-1391307542.jpg

post-7286-0-12992400-1391307555.jpg

post-7286-0-53890600-1391307567.jpg

post-7286-0-00200600-1391307586.jpg

post-7286-0-92139600-1391307600.jpg

Archived