Trent Valley Show - 2014

Northpoint

Yes, exactly.

They were content with 49% for over a Century; then looked to sell their share, but ended up taking over the Soo Line entirely in 1992, when it lost it's seperate identity, & it's locos scattered across CP Rail territory.....

Officially, Soo Line no longer exists. The saving grace is that CP Rail doesn't like spending money on repaints, so the Soo colors can still be seen, albeit in ever-advancing stages of rusty decrepitude... :(

Or they have their logo defaced and are CEFX leasers as in the 5th picture here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/86481-southern-ontario-pictures/

Adrian

Thanks for the link Adrian - I hadn't looked at that thread yet :blush: as you say there , great ideas for loads too!!

Edit: back to the Show - have I missed them, or have no pics been taken of two of the N scale layouts there??

Namely Beldman and the Modular Group.... the 50+car trains on the Modules in particular were most impressive.

• 1 month later...

Putting this on here to tie in with the photos - La Ciénaga went to 'arry Dodds show at Hopeman (near Lossiemouth) on Sundaym and seemed to spark quite a lot of interest - mainly from people who were intrigued how much you can get into a Micro layout. One wire came adrift - fortunately the young man next to me with a very nice small Scottish yard layout in N, had a soldering iron, needless to say the one thinhg I forgot to take. He is obviously a disciple of Chris Gilbert - 3 days previously it had been bare boards! Oddly his name is Chris! had 3 cars with faulty couplers, so yesterday those were replaced, one of the sector plates had a faulty isolating switch , so that was attended too, and that sector plate was widened and the track relaid to stop cars on the other track being "friction grabbed", by the train being about a millimetre too close now spaced more efficiently. This afternoon, once more hot and sunny, Has been spent in the garage wiring the new Florida Industrrial Rail Road - gratified to say that when the wiring was finished I took my River Street Rambler SW1500 and the controller out there - plugged it in and everything ran perfectly, so spent a while switching a couple of cars about! Need to get a couple of mono-sockets so that it can be operated (plugged in) from front or back

A quick update.

The feedback so far is that this year's show was the best so far.

As for next year - most of the traders are coming again and I already have 16 layouts provisionally booked.

So hopefully, 2015 will be the best so far...

Archived