Trent Valley Show - 2014

Northpoint

I had a Christmas card from my niece/Goddaughter saying keep 13th June 2015 free as she is getting married. I said to Liz I wonder what they'd say if I said I already had something pencilled in for that day.......

Hence the change of weekend.

Families can be so inconsiderate at times.... ;)

How many “others” turned up to visit the show? By that I mean those who are not regulars of either the show or the USA & Canadian section of RMWeb.

I wonder whether we are converting anyone to the Dark Side?

Best, Pete.

How many “others” turned up to visit the show? By that I mean those who are not regulars of either the show or the USA & Canadian section of RMWeb.

I wonder whether we are converting anyone to the Dark Side?

Best, Pete.

Difficult to judge. The number of tickets sold was almost identical to previous shows. A lot of familair faces there.

Maybe next year we can do some surveys as people come in - have they been before? what is their main interest? etc

I might see about coming down anyway - I could bring my Powercab and help out, no? If that's okay, I mean!

Powercab won't be compatible, but we can sort you out with a throttle, or if you've an Android or I-device that can work.... :)

(And you can bring some stock for the RPM table)

<whistles>

There was one VERY "yummy-mummy" there with her little boy - she was watching me uncouple and asked if it would be compatible with his OO - He was about 4, and had been given a Soo Line diesel loco by one of the traders - I had to explain that although they would run on the same track, Kadees and Hornby don't! She decided that she had better get him some "trucks" (sic!) so that he could play when he got home - so I suggested that a trip to the "bring and buy" stall might solve the problem cheaply, and, as far as I know - she got him some there

Thanks for the photos. Shame I couldn't get again this year :-( Would have been nice to see these layouts in the flesh, and to put a couple of faces to names (eh Jack?)

Dunno, I've seen his face

I'm sad I missed it this year too. Next year I'll be back

Um, don't the "flipping' Canucks" own the Soo...? ;)

Yes, exactly.

They were content with 49% for over a Century; then looked to sell their share, but ended up taking over the Soo Line entirely in 1992, when it lost it's seperate identity, & it's locos scattered across CP Rail territory.....

Officially, Soo Line no longer exists. The saving grace is that CP Rail doesn't like spending money on repaints, so the Soo colors can still be seen, albeit in ever-advancing stages of rusty decrepitude... :(

Archived