'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Hello Jock,  Thanks, Decent lighting makes a big difference, plus adding lots of clutter around the shed really improves the scene too, will be getting the tortoise motors soon, so l will be busy next weekend, then l can work out a running list for the traffic at 'Ashcombe' ?

Goerge

Morning George, that lighting certainly helps with better pics mate, I will try and get up if I can persuade Mike or Lee to bring me up and I can sort out your points and control panel.

Chat tonight when you get in from work. 

Morning Jock,  Great news on the health front mate, really made my day,  now you can get on with the layout hahaha, progress has really slowed down on 'A' lately as l cant get the point motors till the end of the month now, money needed elsewhere, you know what l mean ?

Regards George

Hello Ray,  They are 37w Halogen eco E14 screw fitting, l guess you could get brighter, but these bulbs were on offer, and l cant resist a bargain hahaha

George

Try an experiment G........... buy 2 more bulb's, of the same ilk, but with lower wattage's, to create mood theme's........

Good Morning Jaz,  Thanks for dropping in and the appraisal much appreciated, l do try to add as much detail in as l can, but things are a bit slow at the mo with work and things.......

Regards George

Hello David,   l do have a decent camera which helps, and l just play around with all the different settings etc etc l still don't know half of whats on the camera yet but lts great playing around with, would like to go to a camera club for instructions from those that know ?

Regards George

• RMweb Gold

Hi George

As Andy mentions, good light is essential for getting good photos. One reason getting decent photos at exhibitions is poor light or light in the wrong place. You often need additional light at low level to loose some of the shadows at underframes etc being caused by the overhead lights. I use a fill in lamp when doing my own photos at home. A trick I learned from a photographer now working at RM!

Still takes practice to get what you want, but so much easier with digital. In a typical photo session, I may take a dozen photos from the same or similar view point to get what I want.

Hello Richard,  l know what you mean most layouts at shows have their own lighting, but l find that there are lots of shadows, and dark spots which makes pictures hard work, and if you use the flash l find it just makes matters worse as they are all washed out, at home, as you say you can add light where its needed, a nice slow speed and a tri-pod will give better results, we could do with a section on the RMweb on this subject alone ?

George

Hello Richard,  l know what you mean most layouts at shows have their own lighting, but l find that there are lots of shadows, and dark spots which makes pictures hard work, and if you use the flash l find it just makes matters worse as they are all washed out, at home, as you say you can add light where its needed, a nice slow speed and a tri-pod will give better results, we could do with a section on the RMweb on this subject alone ?

George

Depend's how far you are willing to go,with a home layout, budget wise,...........

Here is one exhibition layout and how they went about it....................

Layout Lighting

Morning George and others, just out of interest heres Andy York, photographing Trebudoc for BRM, in our Club Room, and the resulting shot, you will notice almost no special lighting and what appears to be a standard camera. In fact the camera takes multi shots, about 20 I think Andy said in a range of focuses automatically, all you hear is Click, Click Click etc.

post-9335-0-20559300-1412842279_thumb.jpg

and the result with me and everything else air brushed out

post-9335-0-66931300-1412842302_thumb.jpg

Size isn't everything. more pics from this shoot in Trebudoc yesterday also showing the Station Building and Signal Box that George built.

Archived