HSB in the Süd Harz HOm

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Playing around with various configurations to make it easiest to fit in a show eventually. I'm currently thinking the last one will be easiest to display and you can only see max two stations from any point.

post-6968-0-45182500-1458373587_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-23472900-1458373588_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-92450700-1458373588.jpg

post-6968-0-41246300-1458373590_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-36390200-1458373591_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Container crane modified from an Auhagen kit. It will work like the small RhB ones with the container attached to the frame by 4 hawsers hanging from the corners.

post-6968-0-70129800-1458572857_thumb.jpg

Basic flock down as a base for the static grass.

post-6968-0-41472100-1458572859_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-22827900-1458572861_thumb.jpg

and the static grass starts to go down.

post-6968-0-81648100-1458572862_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-50908100-1458572867_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Well I have a branch off to the main HSB so maybe you can do that part, then find someone to do the Selketal, and we can join them up ;)

Well you could always set the compete thing up at my joint, I have the Selketal pretty much as it was in the 80's with a few quirks. But of course we may have a Gauging Problem getting interoperatability!

Love what you are doing and looking forward to seeing it all at a Show sometime. Yes this HOm is very tempting. I still get pangs of regret at selling my Bemo when I see a HOm Swiss Layout.

JonD

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well you could always set the compete thing up at my joint, I have the Selketal pretty much as it was in the 80's with a few quirks. But of course we may have a Gauging Problem getting interoperatability!

It's the old Father Ted perspective Jon, small . . . far away . . . ;)

Once it's presentable I'll be offering it to a few of the shows I did with Rhatia and see what comes in. Sparsholt first then decide whether to set April next year for stage two to be ready for the Wimborne show ;)

Lamps and detailing going on

post-6968-0-09542000-1458732622_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Well the plan is I'll stock it, I've got most of the coaches I need by selling off some Bemo, the locos will be added to as they are released, (saving already ;) ), and I've nabbed a few Bemo wagons to use bought from the RhB and their suppliers :)

I will need about 6 steam and three or four diesels, incl shunters, and I'd like a railcar too. There's a shapeways option for the railcar but I'm betting Tillig will do that after the main steam locos ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh yes I will this is very much the modern HSB so I can run anything, including historic liveries as photo charters as they are regular features on the HSB, plus a few what ifs too.

There are several of the original railcars still in occasional use but the modern ones do the off peak and some commuter services. There's a single prototype with a more rounded front and then the production series of the modern one. I'll also be modelling the Combi tram at Braunlage based on the Nordhausen ones. They are hybrids so can run on overhead in the town and under their own power into the HSB station.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A week and a half to go to the show so it's onto detailing. I'll keep the rest on hold until next week and update after the show as I'm a tease ;)

Anyway one last shot of the barriers in and waiting to be blended in.

post-6968-0-16448700-1459347823_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

They are the faller kit 120171, not cheap but it includes the full control unit and is smooth plus it's dcc ready and triggers a full sequence then auto raises. The instructions are 'interesting' as a few bits aren't clear but educated guesswork turned out ok. I'll post a video after the show on the 9th.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I still remember being there back in 1989 with just tow of us plus a West German enthusiast about the olny people on an early morning train. What a change these days.

The 2-10-2Ts are shown on Tilligs website but I dont believe that they are available yet.

When they do appear I am going ot find it very hard ot resist them and build a layout - Wernigerode station would make a superb model. Imaging all locos fitted with sound.

• Like 1

Cheers Paul.

So have I got this right - Tillig are soon to bring out a model of the 2-10-2Ts, or do they already produce one, please?

Has someone got the bug ?

Jump in the water is lovely !

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Paul.

So have I got this right - Tillig are soon to bring out a model of the 2-10-2Ts, or do they already produce one, please?

Is the lump sum burning a hole in your pocket ;)

Yes they are due 'soon' they are quoting third quarter now having slipped from last year but the prototypes are now well advanced so I think late this year is probable.

This is a reputable shop I use regularly and the prices are good. The 2-10-2 isn't sound fitted but it's an easy job of the 0-6-0's are anything to go by.

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/gattungliste/Tank+Locomotive/4-11-003001-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-gatt-gb-p-0/gattungliste.html

Tilligs latest photo, only the wheels need sorting, it's on the TT standard gauge chassis so too many spokes

post-6968-0-31616300-1459960453.jpg

And the finished layout ;) more on Saturday

post-6968-0-63115100-1459960464_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

If you really want to enjoy your retirement, lay some track in your garden and get a LGB 2-10-2T with sound. Watch and listen to it running at dusk, its awesome.

I first went to the Harz in the late 1980's, what a place. I've still got the sound cine film I took there. Been there several times since, one year my wife and I camped at Schierke and spent an afternoon riding up the Brocken with our bikes in the brake van, then cycling down, did it several times much to the amusement of the HSB staff. Had a footplate ride too.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have a similar photo at Broken but in thick snow sunshine and cloud line below. We had to stand outside on the return trip and we were frozen by the time we got back to the junction and made a hasty retreat into the station where it took ages for the young Girl to take our order after help from a west German to order our meal.

Very different to our last trip a few years ago where the cafe staff spoke as good English as us.

Just been seeing if altering our upcoming trip to CZ to include a diversion to Wernigerode would work but just takes too long over a long weekend. A friend is out there at the moment with his family.

Edited by roundhouse