Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Enterprisingwesterns photographic miscellany.

These are just superb Mike, please keep them coming!

Although there are some published pics elsewhere, shots of D1000 in blue aren't that common, D1044 even less so!

D838 in Maroon at Swindon (sob, weep, cough etc...) ... the 'Warship Gospel According To Messers Jennison, Alden & Sweet' tells us that dear old Rapid was withdrawn on 27/3/71, despatched to Swindon on 13/10/71 and was cut up by 29/7/72!

Oh, and if you still had the reg' number of your old Beetle it would probably pay for a nameplate from dearly departed 9012...!

Edited by Rugd1022

• RMweb Gold

The picture of 1775 was taken on the day I was born Mike.

Daft really, as I'd always assumed you were only a couple of years older than me, you must have had an easy paper round.....

;o)

Cheers.

Sean.

How much do I owe you Sean, you smooth talker you!!

Mike.

attachicon.gifimg086.jpg

1775. 2D57. Doncaster. 20.5.72.

Ah now this is a rather special picture. Although the 08 is not the main subject of the shot it provides a rare glimpse of an o8 with a match truck converted from a breakvan. Around the Doncaster Station area 08's were required to operate with a brakevan attached, much as 03's were required to have a match truck elsewhere. From this shot it can be seen they made a bespoke vehicle for this job.

Edited by LNERGE

• RMweb Gold

Ah now this is a rather special picture. Although the 08 is not the main subject of the shot it provides a rare glimpse of an o8 with a match truck converted from a breakvan. Around the Doncaster Station area 08's were required to operate with a brakevan attached, much as 03's were required to have a match truck elsewhere. From this shot it can be seen they made a bespoke vehicle for this job.

That's why I took it :mosking:

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

post-5471-0-05865700-1389381951.jpg

Hope this helps.

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Superb pics Mike. Despite my enthusiasm for all things modern, I do appreciate records of the past, particularly the oft-forgotten era around the end of steam. Maybe one day, I'll get round to scanning some of my few thousand corporate blue slides!

I notice that you mention taking pictures in 1963 - I never knew you were so old.................. you wear it well! :O

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford