RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

Life will never be the same again.

They've modelled those three bolt chairs wrong and the sleeper lengths are all wrong, too long, short, obtuse for an LSWR layout set between 3pm Thurdsay 7th May - 4:45pm Wednesday 3rd June 1908.

Edit: Those dates are #P4... I checked, as I always do with my intense research of the protohype.

Edit: my 'arris!

Edited by Tim Dubya

Today my DCC Concepts Catalogue arrived. If you ain't got one then get one. It is like looking at the future. There is stuff in there I didn't know existed and they have wires and some green things with solder on. They even have some lovely levers.......

Yo.

a couple of weeks back, I found myself in their shop in Settle, came out much lighter of wallet, having been fed tea and biscuits and had a lovely chat about this and that, I think my favourite manufacturer, after Peco of course, still playing with all the gadgets I didn't really need but I've had lots of fun, I wonder if my Cakebox challenge entry could just be their catalogue and some flashing lights, what size is it Phil, would it fit in a cakebox?

... to keep this properly on topic I saw their BH track whilst I was there too, no idea what gauge it was

I.

• RMweb Premium

a couple of weeks back, I found myself in their shop in Settle, came out much lighter of wallet, having been fed tea and biscuits and had a lovely chat about this and that, I think my favourite manufacturer, after Peco of course, still playing with all the gadgets I didn't really need but I've had lots of fun, I wonder if my Cakebox challenge entry could just be their catalogue and some flashing lights, what size is it Phil, would it fit in a cakebox?

... to keep this properly on topic I saw their BH track whilst I was there too, no idea what gauge it was

I.

Probably a birthday cake box and rectangular. Size of a Hattons' Brochure but Landscape. Beautifully produced and it smells nice too.

Go for it.

• RMweb Premium

I need some people to discuss sensibly and with understanding the case for ripping up my Station Loops, Branch and Yards on SOSJFSOOTRAINSET and using this Pecooboobs product. If I did this it would mean I would have to rip up all the other track as well and either replace it with Finescale Fat Bottoms or adjust all the sleepers on the existing Pecooboobs C75 almost Finescale OO stuff. Graham of Grantham must be consulted or ignored depending upon your bent. 

I'll give you a few weeks to make a case either way and please choose a spokesperson to present the findings.

Nee Goatiation

Has anyone got a bullhead to run on that track?

P oint.

Not at the moment but I suspect there is plenty of bull#### to ballast it with.........................

M. Eldon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I need some people to discuss sensibly and with understanding the case for ripping up my Station Loops, Branch and Yards on SOSJFSOOTRAINSET and using this Pecooboobs product. If I did this it would mean I would have to rip up all the other track as well and either replace it with Finescale Fat Bottoms or adjust all the sleepers on the existing Pecooboobs C75 almost Finescale OO stuff. Graham of Grantham must be consulted or ignored depending upon your bent. 

I'll give you a few weeks to make a case either way and please choose a spokesperson to present the findings.

Nee Goatiation

Not at the moment but I suspect there is plenty of bull#### to ballast it with.........................

M. Eldon

Having just read that "the attention to detail of the rail chair fixings should be noted, a visual necessity for replicating true bullhead track." I wonder if perhaps I too should rip up all 100+ metres of carefully laid code 75 at Waverley East- it would probably be less effort than ballasting it I suppose!

• RMweb Premium

What I don't like about the point shown in the photo is that the check rails are only over three sleepers, and that just doesn't seem enough to me.

I want at least five, whether protohypical or not!

P. Ants

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

What I don't like about the point shown in the photo is that the check rails are only over three sleepers, and that just doesn't seem enough to me.

The photos in the review in RM show the check rails over 4 sleepers

My goodness. What on earth are we going to do? Where do we go now for our daily fix of drivel, insane comments, irrelevances now that the Pecaboo thread finally hit the buffers?

And as for ripping up SOSJ and replacing with the noo stuff...

D. I. Strawt

• RMweb Premium

Well, an ex-girlfriend's brothers ex-girlfriend was in one of Templot Tutour's video's, The Haymaking Song, I believe.

Ah that's better, being trying to rid myself of that for 30 odd (?) years.

M.A. Sterbates

All that Peecaboob and Handmade stuff is for people with too much time on their hands.

What you really need is some of this (see below), you don't have to ballast it Coz it's already got a perfectly good track bed moulded on and you don't need to waste too much space, because you can fit a double loop on a 6 x 4 board. Points are available.

Also My Highly detailed Triang Princess runs perfectly well when I set it up on My Granny's Rug :O

post-23233-0-30466200-1508436155.jpg

That should end the argument and everyone can put their handbags away.

( I really wish I had posted this over there before Andy Shut it down )

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 4