SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Right that's it (for today), been over dropped me guts and left. Hopefully we'll find out:

1. Does it like bullheed

2. Does it like 4-SF

3. Does it do DCC

4. Does it do sound

S.H. Itstirrer

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Right that's it (for today), been over dropped me guts and left. Hopefully we'll find out:

1. Does it like bullheed

2. Does it like 4-SF

3. Does it do DCC

4. Does it do sound

S.H. Itstirrer

I wondered what the noise was..................did you warn the authorities before you bombed?

Phut

• RMweb Gold

OK, this afternoon's test was how many DCC Fitted loco's could I place on the layout before one exploded.

attachicon.gifimages (9).jpg

The one that caused the catasstrophy and wiped out my entire allocation, was not Finescale enough....I must do better.

P. Phor

Is that a P4 spider or some other insect from a David Attenborough documentary?

• Like 1

Tim's Quote from the Kernow thread reproduced for all those who CBA looking for it.

This Bunn fight is becoming more and more amusing.

One serious question I have though is, will these beautiful little locos traverse the new Peco bullhead track and pointwork with ease or should I continue to hand build my 4-SF (aka OO-SF) track?

Photos of my attempt at modeling on my layout topic.

TIA

Edit: do you also think there will be room for a DCC chip & possibly speaker?

Well done that man. The challenge was accepted and met.  :)

Surely the "Play of The Day" .

• RMweb Premium

He was 'on probation' so I do hope he is excused.

So, up the Junction there has been a hiatus at Templescomble and the rostered U1 for the Sidmouth/Exmouth (ex Cleethorpes) was failed having exploded earlier today. Fortunately this little beasty (see below) was available on shed and as the Foreperson was out, trying to find a new Vac Pipe and a Screw Coupling, before he could return, the loco was filched.

West of The Junction and running hard towards the Hungry Caterpillar Tunnel and with Mr.Green going for it, as it is now only ten minutes 'down', the 7F is enjoying a gallop down to Sidsmouth Junction where Mike (The Stationmaster) has heard the news and is waiting, just east of Sidsmouth, with his trusty Voigtlander (no, not Mrs Stationmaster).

Fireman Park is doing a fine job as the exhaust is clear. Go lads go, almost at the summit and then the chance to scare the spotters at Honiton as you fly through making a huge din.  :whistle: However, I think the second coach is suffering from the excessive speed and is starting to curl up, or there is a very large passenger in the front compartment.

post-2326-0-05140500-1508778494_thumb.jpg

Phibber :yahoo:

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

That passenger in the second carriage has had a hot box since leaving Cleethorpes, that's yer problem

Have you seen on the Chief Civil Engineers layout thread and looked at Mr Wright's photos, especially the one with the P2* in it. I think that passenger has been stuck in that coach since the 1930s.

*P2 for those modern image modellers is a bright shinny green thing with a pointy nose like a steam version of a class 800.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

Hi Smifffy

Depression, moving (greater depression), ripping up layout (more depression), keeping Mrs M happy (greater than greater depression), no sign of new layout (mega depression). Wow I feel lucky I don't have a medical problem as well.

All the best mate in finding somewhere quick, and selling yours promptly. Don't forget the importance of an easy access train set room. 

HI Clive

We've found somewhere which needs tons of work, os beautifully located and they want about what we're getting for this one - so much tricky negotiation needed.

They boasted a spacious shed as part of the particulars - when we saw it today, it was made of Asbestos, so a new, and large shed will be commissioned!

A health scare is good because it helps you get things in perspective, and TBH when SWMBO and I tarted talking about it yesterday we both agreed this was the right thing to do .. Bulletins no cdoubt will follow, but for the next few days its paintbrushes out to spruce up a couple rooms, then tools out to de-construct Waverley East.

Mind you I've been planning to rationalise the stock for a while, so at least this way I get to put that off - after all one never knows what the next project will need!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That phone box is to modern for up the junction, should be black with A n B buttons.

A. G. Bell

No its not, it is a Number 6 Kiosk. The bits inside were updated as time went on. Many boxes outside stations remained in use and in time had new phones fitted well past the date of the station closing. The remaining phone box around where I live is outside the closed station and that ceased functioning in 1960.

• RMweb Premium

No its not, it is a Number 6 Kiosk. The bits inside were updated as time went on. Many boxes outside stations remained in use and in time had new phones fitted well past the date of the station closing. The remaining phone box around where I live is outside the closed station and that ceased functioning in 1960.

Aren't they part teak and part cast? I'm sure I did read that somewhere I did... or maybe I just made it up?