SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

OK my WC has deffo got a width problem. On the other hand, my Arthur seems to like Peterborough North where it met some very nice coaches.

The WC needs a damn good thrashing. "Grayson..........!"

Phalanges Digitus

I thought they both behaved very well Phil. OK, the WC stuttered a couple of times, but that could have been because it read the nameboards on the coaches. Kings Cross - Cleethorpes!  I'm sure it is accustomed to much sunnier southern shores.

• RMweb Premium

Is Cleethorpes not on "The Sunny Side"?!

Ain't today it is like winter in this part of the world.

I thought they both behaved very well Phil. OK, the WC stuttered a couple of times, but that could have been because it read the nameboards on the coaches. Kings Cross - Cleethorpes!  I'm sure it is accustomed to much sunnier southern shores.

Biggest question, did their owner behave?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ain't today it is like winter in this part of the world.

Biggest question, did their owner behave?

Admirably, as always. He left me a generous gift, and never shed a feather. And I love hearing him talking about trains running on his layout.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Surely like all those places on the EC, the description is 'Bracing' 

Bracing....me and the dogs needed some form of bracing to prevent being launched seaward on today's walk along the beach.

edit, it was a tad blowy.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Re post #7586, wouldn’t a flock of sheep or goats be more effective?

Tim T

Those cows need modification and weathering. I also think it was cruel to use ther tool on the table to 'deal with' the Stallion Gelding  :scared:  :O  :fie:

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is Cleethorpes not on "The Sunny Side"?!

The right hand side of the Tamar, when looking North. Except when we get Cornish sunshine.

PS. Luverly sitting outside the Dolphin with a few pints of Bass, watching the toti go by. I may need a visit to Specsavers shortly.

D. O. Man.

Edit for the PS.

Edited by Siberian Snooper

Captain Kernow, on 03 Oct 2017 - 06:07, said:snapback.png

I have largely stayed out of the Peco thread so far. I'm now sat in a large national coffee house place on the site of Friary station, waiting for CTMK to return from the shops.

Such ghosts be there my andsome...........

P

Coffee in Friary?  There actually was a café there many years ago, even before my time.  I always envision it to be like the one in Brief Encounter!

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

The right hand side of the Tamar, when looking North. Except when we get Cornish sunshine.

PS. Luverly sitting outside the Dolphin with a few pints of Bass, watching the toti go by. I may need a visit to Specsavers shortly.

D. O. Man.

Edit for the PS.

I was in a pub today which had something I've never seen before, a small board on the wall with a rack of pegs, a pair of which supported some spectacles. At the top it said "Forgot your glasses?" and underneath it said "Return after use"
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Captain Kernow, on 03 Oct 2017 - 06:07, said:snapback.png

Such ghosts be there my andsome...........

P

Coffee in Friary?  There actually was a café there many years ago, even before my time.  I always envision it to be like the one in Brief Encounter!

Brian.

I hope not Brian - trains rushing through Friary at that sort of speed would be a Bad Thing.

Crikey, I turn My back for 3 days and You blokes go wild. 3 pages to read.

Although I can report that My job Yesterday did not involve running on Peecaboo FB BS rail.

It was far too narrow (working out at a scale 3'6") and a scale 45 ' long lengths of Triang type Set track with loose fishplates and every third sleeper broken in it's bed of sandy "ballast".

It looked like it had been badly bent and beaten with many setup and tear downs using the same rail lengths on the kitchen floor Dirt since it's construction in 1911 and I ran at a scale 30Km/h for several hours of rocking and rolling and praying that it didn't all fall over while trying to hang on too my lunch with sea sick type symptoms. :O

P.S. Nice to read that you have re - enthused again, Phil.