SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

1 minute ago, Tim Dubya said:

No but they are now...

Standing next to a candle again then ? 

Ive told you about that before !!! 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Woah oh woah oh ah

Patient: Doctor, I can't stop singing Tom Jones songs. Is that a rare condition?

Doctor: Well, it's not unusual.

I thank you.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Patient: Doctor, I can't stop singing Tom Jones songs. Is that a rare condition?

Doctor: Well, it's not unusual.

I thank you.

See what happens when he comes back. UDJ goes all silly. 

Well sillyer than normal. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

See what happens when he comes back. UDJ goes all silly. 

Well sillyer than normal. 

You lot set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down...

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

I can't work this modern rmweb thing, particularly on this portable telephonic modern phone that I don't understand...

Your be totally boll0cksed by the new big boys forum then and they have the nerve to charge you for the pleasure of making an @rse of yourself trying to log on. :sarcastic:

Edited by 81C
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I'll be charging you lot to post on this thread if you are not good persons of whatever persuasion you choose.

Meanwhile, back up The Junction, I am back at 'work' in that I am looking at sorting out further point operation and how to achieve that. In the main it is straightforward motors under board (mainly Cobalts but with some Solenoids using DPDT DC switching) and a few digital pokin' style using slide switches and probably wire in tube.

However there is the challenge of the trailing crossover west of the station that will be used infrequently. Many moons ago I had 'sorted' that with linked solenoids fitted underboard before I placed a section of track and board in place (part of the Incline embankment), and it worked. Then some track changes and a bit of experimental scenic cobbling took place and access is now restricted, as the embankment is more or less set in place. Fitting motors will now be a challenge and that is what I am considering carefully. I had not planned that section very well and it is now a PITA. However, this is where things can be fun and a solution will be found.  I might even re-plan and re-lay that whole section if it seems that would be the better option.

More later.

Mad Duck

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

I'll be charging you lot to post on this thread if you are not good persons of whatever persuasion you choose.

Meanwhile, back up The Junction, I am back at 'work' in that I am looking at sorting out further point operation and how to achieve that. In the main it is straightforward motors under board (mainly Cobalts but with some Solenoids using DPDT DC switching) and a few digital pokin' style using slide switches and probably wire in tube.

However there is the challenge of the trailing crossover west of the station that will be used infrequently. Many moons ago I had 'sorted' that with linked solenoids fitted underboard before I placed a section of track and board in place (part of the Incline embankment), and it worked. Then some track changes and a bit of experimental scenic cobbling took place and access is now restricted, as the embankment is more or less set in place. Fitting motors will now be a challenge and that is what I am considering carefully. I had not planned that section very well and it is now a PITA. However, this is where things can be fun and a solution will be found.  I might even re-plan and re-lay that whole section if it seems that would be the better option.

More later.

Mad Duck

Hi Phil

I know it is your model and you can build it how you like but I do get concerned with your multiple means of point switching. I find using one method on a layout far less confusing and less troublesome. In the past I have had several methods on the go on Hanging Hill when I was converting it from hand powered push rods to point motors. Doing things on the cheap as I usually do I had several makes of motor, micro switches , Peco self destruct switches, poorly set up SEEPs with built in switches as well as some push rods. It became common place at shows for my mates to apologise  for the Anglo-Saxon vocabulary that was coming from under the baseboards. I settled for poorly set up SEEPs, at least they all had the same problem.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Much appreciated. I'm doing my mix on purpose so that it keeps me awake and I have to walk around. I shall regret it no doubt but ICBA to change stuff and I am a cheapskate as well.

It is sort of as if I have a signal box (or two) and then do what the Shunters or Fireman used to do when way off down the Yard(s). No Seeps though as they self destruct too easily.

Just waiting for the weather to change here and after collecting SWMBO from the Bus Stop, then ascending to the gloryhole will commence.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

This new charging, is it to keep the riff raff out, or keep them in?

Too late! They've locked me in with the rest of you and hidden the key in someone's Hornby Terrier tank.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Yo Phillipus

Where is your golden ring piece then I thought you were going into the upper echelon's of this damn fine forum dear heart so you may confer with the goodly Mr.C.K. 

I suppose they will drooling over the Gold Blend girl Cherie Lunghi once in the club.

P.Isstakin :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I am saving up to join the club. I think it is probably the better way to shunt off my surplus stock as Ebay is so carp. I can also sell my free ticket to someone.

Apart from that ICBA. 

Made some progress with the Incline approach to The Hungry Caterpillar and started to look at the position of the overbridge that is to be the scenic break on the Seaton Jn. end of the incline. 

Procrastinating over the wiring up of the point motors...…………...

P

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5