RMWEB Tour of Didcot Railway Centre, Sunday 27th July 2014

Castle

Hi 81C,

The site isn't open until 10:30hrs so he may want to rethink this. The plan will be for you all to go and get train rides and lunch, etc and then meet up by the entrance gate at 12.30 and we will go from there. I have a fireman and a guard to show one half of the group round and the other half will be unlucky and get me!

I look forward to seeing you all there!

All the best,

Castle

I wouldn't park in the station car park anyway Neal - the council car park opposite the station might have a bit of a rough surface in places but it's a lot more economical than any of the FGW car parks.

Does anyone know how much the council car park costs on a Sunday and whether there is usually space available?

I probably won't be arriving until around 12:30 anyway.

• RMweb Gold

I thourght that the station carpark where free on sundays.

Not at Didcot - the station east car park is permit holders only and the west car park appears to be £6.90 'per day' according to Apcoa.  The one across the road from the station doesn't appear on the 'net as far as I can see!

Not at Didcot - the station east car park is permit holders only and the west car park appears to be £6.90 'per day' according to Apcoa.  The one across the road from the station doesn't appear on the 'net as far as I can see!

The "one across the road" is run by South Oxfordshire District Council. Their web-site is a bit confusing as it says charges apply to its car parks Mon-Sat but then adding specific car parks [not mentioning the Didcot one] are free on Sunday. Whatever it'll be cheaper than the FGW variety!

Martin

Hi.

I think Mr. Stationmaster is referring to the one behind the garage run by the garage, the last time I checked (a couple of months ago) it was £2 all day (incl Sunday). Fingers crossed I will be there on Sunday if thats ok with you Castle?

Julia.

Hi C&WR,

Sorry but I'm only doing Sunday afternoon...

All the best,

Castle

Apologies, Castle.  What I meant was that I may not know my plans until Saturday night, so could I check then if you have any spaces for the tour on Sunday?

Hi.

I think Mr. Stationmaster is referring to the one behind the garage run by the garage, the last time I checked (a couple of months ago) it was £2 all day (incl Sunday). Fingers crossed I will be there on Sunday if thats ok with you Castle?

Julia.

Hi Julia,

We will be glad to see you - some of my clan from No. 4144 you have met before will be with us!

Hi C&WR,

Now that makes more sense - sorry! Yes, no problem!

All the best,

Castle

Very, very sorry at this late date to have to bow out.

The ex-son-in-law has decided that he is having his son, [the grandson i was to bring] for the day.  :angry:  

I am very glad he is the EX son-in-law.  :bomb_mini:

Best wishes,  Keith.

Great news (for me anyway) all systems go to be in S Oxon this weekend.  Room for me & my Dad, Castle?  He's an ex Western Region Civil Engineer, brought up in Didcot, designed & built my first layout & was instrumental in it's resurrection so even though he's never been on here he's fascinated to get the behind-the-scenes look...

Hi Rugged,

Sorry you can't make it - maybe next year?

Hi C&WR,

As Mr Rugged and Doug's senior management is not able to come along we will be able to fit a few extras in!

How many places do you need?

All the best,

Castle

Hopefully yes, cheers ;) . My other half wants me to take her down to the Cotswolds this weekend and she needs to fit in a couple of driving lessons, mind you we will be hovering round the Glos & Warks line for a bit so I'll get to see the Hymek... 

Archived