Well I can't move the previous 47 post into my WB thread, so I may as well carry on here.

Two days just weren't needed (and I thought it'd got quite a bit colder!!!), on with the masking, and blast the sides with Railmatch Warning Panel Yellow 83 - 04 (202), again let down 50/50 (approx.) with celly thinners.

After a couple of hours, the paint was hard enough for the tape off!!!!!!!!!

attachicon.gifWRX277.jpg

Starting to look a bit more 'Dutch' now eh?

I think I'm going to do the window surrounds and doors by brush, then transfers, depot plaques and cast arrows, then all over with a nice weak matt varnish with the airbrush!!! Should be finished by tea time!!!!!!!!! :O :o

Jinty ;-)

If.........we ever meet up and go for a nosh.........."Go Dutch"................your paying.......... :jester:

The Dapol track cleaner thingamyjig is better run at a low speed, I set the decoder to 128 speed steps and set the speed of the fan/motor to 32, it then worked really well. I was properly 'out there' last night as  I had 47424 with Biffo sound, ticking away as it dragged the cleaner around very slowly, Mrs Jinty thought I'd lost it, as the 47 and cleaner were going in the background as I was painting a signal box on my workbench!!! :paint: :paint: :locomotive: :locomotive: :senile:

It needs some sort of solution with it, to clean properly, I'm going to pick some Track Magic up later on this week.

All in all though, it certainly works when you get the motor speed right!!!

Jinty ;-)

• RMweb Premium

The. Dapol track cleaners can be self propelled, just turn it uo to 128 with no loco attached, mine zoomx round. Not sure its doing much cleaning though, but its amusing..

A weekend off, Airshow yesterday with the family. Saturday decided to be a rainy day, so I went out and did a bit of greenery on the mound by the TMD. :scratchhead:

I also ballasted the branch track about half way down, 47331 moved in with some ballast hoppers (YGB, YGH, ZBA, Ex HTO and a Grampus) After an short interlude, dropped the HTO, Grampus and brakevan off in the TMD yard, and reversed back on the branch with the hoppers. :locomotive:

Behind the fuelling point was finished off with some greenery and a hut!!!

Here are a few photos of proceedings...............

post-14906-0-55515200-1409596850_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-93301000-1409596866_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-07272100-1409596880_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-42318600-1409596892_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-24044000-1409596906_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-02360000-1409596937_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-55579200-1409596953_thumb.jpg

All this time the depot was rather quiet......... :O

post-14906-0-45886400-1409596923_thumb.jpg

I'll be weathering the remaining hard standing, and ballasting the whole of the remaining depot area this week.
Finishing the painting of the signal box, and fitting lighting to both the signal box and the Scalescenes depot.

Looking forward to the first type 5 (or is it type 6????) to arrive on Wrexbury at the end of the week as well ;) ;)

Jinty ;-)

You work bloody quick Jinty! The hill behind the depot looks great, typically overgrown.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

But after a long days work, a rest is needed.................................

47331 shut down for the night, with only the lights for company

post-14906-0-60332200-1409604652_thumb.jpg

Jinty ;-)

A weekend off, Airshow yesterday with the family. Saturday decided to be a rainy day, so I went out and did a bit of greenery on the mound by the TMD. :scratchhead:

I also ballasted the branch track about half way down, 47331 moved in with some ballast hoppers (YGB, YGH, ZBA, Ex HTO and a Grampus) After an short interlude, dropped the HTO, Grampus and brakevan off in the TMD yard, and reversed back on the branch with the hoppers. :locomotive:

Behind the fuelling point was finished off with some greenery and a hut!!!

Here are a few photos of proceedings...............

attachicon.gifWRX291.jpg

attachicon.gifWRX292.jpg

attachicon.gifWRX293.jpg

attachicon.gifWRX294.jpg

attachicon.gifWRX295.jpg

attachicon.gifWRX297.jpg

attachicon.gifWRX298.jpg

All this time the depot was rather quiet......... :O

attachicon.gifWRX296.jpg

I'll be weathering the remaining hard standing, and ballasting the whole of the remaining depot area this week.

Finishing the painting of the signal box, and fitting lighting to both the signal box and the Scalescenes depot.

Looking forward to the first type 5 (or is it type 6????) to arrive on Wrexbury at the end of the week as well ;) ;)

Jinty ;-)

lovely job go getting those fiddly pits in place. 

I've had a go at placing a backscene across the TMD area (well some of it).

I got some 3mm MDF (white faced) and glued one of the semi cloudy I.D.Backscenes 15" papers onto it. I then mounted it behind the retaining wall, and curved it round with the wall to the tunnel mouth.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not convinced with it!!!!!! I'm thinking that it should show some greenery of some description, not huge mountains, but just something to create a smoother transition between the retaining wall and the sky.

What do you all think???? I'd really like some feedback as I'm not so good with scenic thingymajigs?????

post-14906-0-62334600-1409766219_thumb.jpg

And another couple with 31439 on a van train to Wrexbury Marsh sidings...........

post-14906-0-16588300-1409766238_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-90834900-1409766254_thumb.jpg

Again, feedback would be appreciated

Jinty ;-)

Hi Jinty, I know what you mean - But from ground level you would not see anything else unless of course trees/high buildings were close by - Maybe a few trees and/or a church steeple etc would help :scratchhead:

Cheers, Bob.

• RMweb Gold

I've had a go at placing a backscene across the TMD area (well some of it).I got some 3mm MDF (white faced) and glued one of the semi cloudy I.D.Backscenes 15" papers onto it. I then mounted it behind the retaining wall, and curved it round with the wall to the tunnel mouth.To be perfectly honest, I'm not convinced with it!!!!!! I'm thinking that it should show some greenery of some description, not huge mountains, but just something to create a smoother transition between the retaining wall and the sky.What do you all think???? I'd really like some feedback as I'm not so good with scenic thingymajigs?????attachicon.gifWRX301.jpgAnd another couple with 31439 on a van train to Wrexbury Marsh sidings...........attachicon.gifWRX302.jpgattachicon.gifWRX300.jpgAgain, feedback would be appreciatedJinty ;-)

Hi Jinty I've got the same back scene to use and like you I've got concerns over 'just sky' fortunatly I'll have a bit if room for some low relief buildings in front if it. But I'd still like an image behind them, maybe you could use a back scene with houses an a few tress and cut it down a bit so only the roofs show and place that infront of the sky?? Don't hold me to that though I haven't gone anywhere near a back scene yet!!

Cheers, Paul

Thanks Bob, Terry and Paul,

It does need something else, also I've had an idea with the position of the backscene, instead of having it curved round, if I took it across at a 45 degree angle to the back wall, it would create an area that could be filled with some 3D scenic items that should help the transition more.

Thanks again

Jinty ;-)

Such as this........................

post-14906-0-06127500-1409814439_thumb.jpg

This layout of the backscene would allow a better transition between the back wall backscene and the one I've put there.

And it will give me another area for modelling some 3D scenery.

Jinty ;-)

As far as the backscene goes, I'm going for the 45 degree angled backscene, which will create a nice area for some houses/trees/park, factory???? Whatever takes my fancy when I get to it!!!!!

Meanwhile, 47424 trundles in with a Speedlink trip working down the branch from Wrexbury Marsh, with a couple of new additions in the shape of two blue TTA's. The train will hit the centre road and be reversed by the waiting 47190.

post-14906-0-88126400-1409853912_thumb.jpg

More soon, having a play scratch building some ground signals with nano LED's, not sure it'll work, but I'll let you know!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

As far as the backscene goes, I'm going for the 45 degree angled backscene, which will create a nice area for some houses/trees/park, factory???? Whatever takes my fancy when I get to it!!!!!

Meanwhile, 47424 trundles in with a Speedlink trip working down the branch from Wrexbury Marsh, with a couple of new additions in the shape of two blue TTA's. The train will hit the centre road and be reversed by the waiting 47190.

attachicon.gifWRX303.jpg

More soon, having a play scratch building some ground signals with nano LED's, not sure it'll work, but I'll let you know!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Why not ?.....Find a local location,to your liking, take a series of pic's, make it into a panoramic view, and send it To John @ IDBackscenes.

I started like that,2 year's ago,with DP, found individual pics to print off ,  for a trial, was more costly, than John, printing me the whole thing...........

Shewing, individual pic trial, for my b/scene............when I first started........3ish year's ago.

P1010282.jpg

Why not ?.....Find a local location,to your liking, take a series of pic's, make it into a panoramic view, and send it To John @ IDBackscenes.

I started like that,2 year's ago,with DP, found individual pics to print off ,  for a trial, was more costly, than John, printing me the whole thing...........

Shewing, individual pic trial, for my b/scene............when I first started........3ish year's ago.

P1010282.jpg

Wow David, The layout hasn't half come on from then hasn't it?????

That's a great idea, I didn't know John at ID would do one offs, that opens up a whole new door!!!!!

Thanks David

Jinty ;-0

Wow David, The layout hasn't half come on from then hasn't it?????

That's a great idea, I didn't know John at ID would do one offs, that opens up a whole new door!!!!!

Thanks David

Jinty ;-0

Here is what I got, for about, £20..ish................couple of year's ago........

Had taken individual pic's,at an oblique angle, from the footover bridge, spanning the 2 platform's............

dimensioncheck.jpg

Archived