Yes indeed some great additions to a huge fleet, I bet they take some servicing Jinty  :stinker:

Thanks Simon,

Yes I still need a few more locos yet!!!! :O

As for servicing, I've actually started a rota system for servicing, utilising a spreadsheet, I've made a servicing/repair schedule for all of the locos. Thing is, every time I get a new loco, I have to re-print it all!!!!

I also have the Roto wheel cleaner which is invaluable, and does a great job.

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Simon,

Yes I still need a few more locos yet!!!! :O

As for servicing, I've actually started a rota system for servicing, utilising a spreadsheet, I've made a servicing/repair schedule for all of the locos. Thing is, every time I get a new loco, I have to re-print it all!!!!

I also have the Roto wheel cleaner which is invaluable, and does a great job.

Jinty ;-)

What you really need is a power controller, no I don't mean the electric kind but a chap behind a desk with a telephone next to him with half drunk cups of tea close at hand...I'd like to volunteer but I never touched that side of the job I was more involved with running Coal trains in the Midlands and North West.

Nice work on the cross over Jinty,

The cut in the sleepers could always be covered with ballast if they show too much. I like the class 60s too, what about Construction sector to work your cement train.

Cheers Peter.

I like the class 60s too, what about Construction sector to work your cement train.

Cheers Peter.

How about construction sector logos on the 60. Would look nice with the cement tanks in tow.

Cheers

Marcus

Well it would be rude not to then really, wouldn't it?

Thanks guys, it's amazing when the obvious is staring you in the face isn't it?

Thanks Peter and Marcus, also thanks David, I know you like your 60's as well!!!!

Jinty ;-)

After another enjoyable meeting with Craig, items of stock changed hands and swelled the fleet for Wrexbury.

This 'scruffy' little 105 joins the ranks. It'll be weathered gently, changed to a Midland one and if I can, I'm going to do the same to this as with all my DMU's, and change the destination boards..........

attachicon.gifWRX416.jpg

A few Hornby PCA's have been acquired as well earlier in the week from a different source. All to go on to make up the cement trains for Wrexbury Marsh concrete works (more needed!!!).........

attachicon.gifWRX417.jpg

And from Craig today was this little beauty, seen sneaking in the Stanlow tanks for Wrexbury TMD  ;).........

attachicon.gifWRX418.jpg

After looking over this loco, it has cemented my thoughts on backdating 60066 to an early sector loco. Probably another Petroleum one  :whistle:.......

attachicon.gifWRX419.jpg

Another great deal with Craig, which included a couple of GUV's as well. A highly recommended seller from me. :imsohappy: :imsohappy:

Jinty ;-)

Hi Jinty, it was good to meet you again the other day, sorry only just really got a chance to look through this thread again, that 60 is a nice model, if I wasn't changing gauge and layout plans it would still be in my roster, I hope you give it the running it really deserves.

Happy modelling

Craig.

When the Mrs is at work, why not use the dining room table for a bit of baseboard construction and laying of cork!!!! :O :no:

I've managed to cut and fix the top onto the first board of Wrexbury Marsh this afternoon, seeing as the weather was a touch inclement.
I've cut out the 9mm ply where the trackwork doesn't go, just so I can create some negative elevation, hopefully to give it some extra depth. The R/H side as you look at the picture will be the loading siding, a headshunt and a storage siding. Also part of the concrete factory will go there as well, so I'm having to leave it flat for now.
The crossover I made can be seen on the main approach lines, painted but yet to be cleaned off.

Here is progress so far.............

post-14906-0-95646600-1418057134_thumb.jpg

I've decided to take a leaf out of Gordon S and Coachman's book and glue the cork down in the shape of the track bed, and I'll be laying both the track and a layer of ballast at the same time just like Coachman does. Hopefully it should work. ;)

Off work tomorrow, so I might get a bit more done, even finish the second board???? :imsohappy:

Jinty ;-)

No worries Jinty. Also a bit partial to a bit of Mirrlees Blackstone thrash myself. Used to shake my office and the mess room at Stourbridge when they used to work the Round Oak Steel.

Cheers

Marcus

That's a while ago??

I'm about 2 miles from Round Oak!

• RMweb Gold

Nice work Jinty an no harm at all making use of the table, whilst the wifes away... Although I'd put a table cloth or sheet on it next time because if the Mrs finds any scratches (and they do, trust me :( ) you'll be in the dog house!!

Just a thought mate ;)

Looking great as always

Paul

..........because if the Mrs finds any scratches (and they do, trust me :( ) you'll be in the dog house!!

Just a thought mate ;)

Looking great as always

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Lol, my Mrs will be ok about it, the table is up for renewal early next year, as it's scratched to hell anyway!!!!!

But thanks for the thought ;)

Jinty ;-)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Paul,

Lol, my Mrs will be ok about it, the table is up for renewal early next year, as it's scratched to hell anyway!!!!!

But thanks for the thought ;)

Jinty ;-)

That's great, you should attach a vice and other modelling aid's to it if that's the case :D

Cheers, Paul

Well a lazy afternoon, playing with Wrexbury Marsh's first board and I've laid some track!!!!!! :sungum:

I've also installed a couple of these expansion joints that are placed where continuous welded rail is next to either a track panel/switch/etc.

post-14906-0-11731600-1418131809_thumb.jpg

I'll get a couple of photos of the track laying later as I'm waiting for the glue to dry (got the heating on so shouldn't be long).

I'm going to wire it up and give it a test later with the Sprog!!!! :O

Jinty ;-)

The glue has dried, not surprised really it's like the bloody Caribbean in this house this evening!!!!!!

So I connected up the Sprog and tested it all out as much as I could with 47424 and 31105.

The kids thought I'd flipped when they came home from school and saw 424 throttling up and down, Biffo at its best!!!!!

Before I carry on with these two boards, I've got another 4 points to build with FB rail and 3 with BH rail. I'll also have to acquire some BH flexi from C&L.

Most of the remaining track will be BH, there will just be FB in the platform faces and loop.

Anyway, here is the progress so far (Apologies for the poor light, incandescent bulbs!!!)............

post-14906-0-33992000-1418145372_thumb.jpg

47424 crawling across the crossover...

(The drawing pin is to hold the point blade over)

post-14906-0-60555300-1418145383_thumb.jpg

The two expansion joints I've put in, designating the end of CWR.......

post-14906-0-99412400-1418145400_thumb.jpg

And from the other end.....

post-14906-0-82788800-1418145419_thumb.jpg

I've got to say, I'm rather chuffed with it all, I thought track building would be difficult, but so long as you keep checking, and follow a sequence, it's quite easy. Looking forward to starting the next point now.

Jinty ;-)

You will be in soooo much trouble when your good lady gets home  :punish: when Mrs Jinty told you to get some ironing done today She meant the clothes type, not the copper clad sleeper type !!!!  :nono:

Looking good David  :yes:

Happy modelling

Craig.

Archived