Nice looking and flowing point work and if there the tightest you'll be doing I'm looking forward to the others ,I've always admired hand built track and point work it really makes a difference .

one day I'll have to have a bash at it

Great work ,looking forward to more

Brian

Thanks Brian,

Yes these two points are the tightest, the crossovers on the throat are the shallowest and probably each point the length of one and a half Mk1's ish!!!!!

Just waiting for more supplies now before I carry on, so will give me no excuse to get the first two boards built.

Jinty ;-) 

Hi Jinty

Finally read through the last 22 pages and it really has been an enjoyable read. Some really nice modelling without doubt. Really like some of your repaints. That Dutch 47 really does look the bees knees.

Really sorry to learn about your base board problems. It's a real shame as the layout is excellent and is far to good to pull up. I think it would be worth trying some extra bracing before resorting to the worst case scenario.

I must admit I did chuckle at the pictures of the PWAs leaving the yard. I could take you to plenty of locations in my day job (GBRf driver) where that picture would look very prototypical.

Fair play for having a go at building your own track, as that's something I would be very reluctant to do, mainly due to my abysmal soldering skills. Looks like a whole flock of pigeons have dropped there load in one go. And that's just the supply wires to the rails. LOl.

Sorry for filling up your notifications but they were fully deserved.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Jinty

Finally read through the last 22 pages and it really has been an enjoyable read. Some really nice modelling without doubt. Really like some of your repaints. That Dutch 47 really does look the bees knees.

Really sorry to learn about your base board problems. It's a real shame as the layout is excellent and is far to good to pull up. I think it would be worth trying some extra bracing before resorting to the worst case scenario.

I must admit I did chuckle at the pictures of the PWAs leaving the yard. I could take you to plenty of locations in my day job (GBRf driver) where that picture would look very prototypical.

Fair play for having a go at building your own track, as that's something I would be very reluctant to do, mainly due to my abysmal soldering skills. Looks like a whole flock of pigeons have dropped there load in one go. And that's just the supply wires to the rails. LOl.

Sorry for filling up your notifications but they were fully deserved.

Cheers

Marcus

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for the very kind words. Yes a good few notifications :O, thank you again, and the fact that you're a driver too makes it all the more respected.

As for the baseboards, it's only the last 12' that will be replaced which shouldn't be too much heartache, and the trackplan will stay the same as I like the quirkiness of it all!!! :imsohappy:

As for the handbuilt track, don't get me wrong, I've used and loved Peco for quite some time now, but as I've mentioned before, I like the flowing effect you get with hand built track, and I treated it as a new challenge.

As for your soldering, you obviously need more flux and heat!!!!! lol ;)

Thanks once again for your comments, coming from someone who works on the railways, it means a lot :yes:

Jinty ;-)

After much cursing and frothing at the mouth, and with Gordon S's help and tuition, I have finally been able to save a Templotplan as a file and upload it onto here to give you some idea how it will look.

Size is 16' x 2'6", in 4 equal sections.

The station has only one passenger platform (2 platform faces) and one disused platform that is now utilised for parcels traffic. Parcels traffic needed because of the newspaper printers just off stage of the station who print one of the big dailys.

The cement unloading is for the concrete works that deals with pipes, lintels, etc, and sees much traffic, both in and out.

Some coaching stock is stored from Wrexbury in the carriage sidings and obviously there are a few Speedlink services to the yard.

We haven't started on passenger workings yet either, so should give scope for some interesting workings.

post-14906-0-29719900-1415574132_thumb.png

Any critique is obviously welcomed, and any other comments/ideas are as well, I've only made 2 points up to now!!!!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

After much cursing and frothing at the mouth, and with Gordon S's help and tuition, I have finally been able to save a Templotplan as a file and upload it onto here to give you some idea how it will look.

Size is 16' x 2'6", in 4 equal sections.

The station has only one passenger platform (2 platform faces) and one disused platform that is now utilised for parcels traffic. Parcels traffic needed because of the newspaper printers just off stage of the station who print one of the big dailys.

The cement unloading is for the concrete works that deals with pipes, lintels, etc, and sees much traffic, both in and out.

Some coaching stock is stored from Wrexbury in the carriage sidings and obviously there are a few Speedlink services to the yard.

We haven't started on passenger workings yet either, so should give scope for some interesting workings.

attachicon.gifwrexbury_marsh_plan_1.png

Any critique is obviously welcomed, and any other comments/ideas are as well, I've only made 2 points up to now!!!!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Great plan Jinty and lots of scope for loco hauled traffic etc as well as lots of points to build  :scared:

Hi Jinty,

The plan looks good. I imagine operating trains while looking at the plan, which might help you find any problems. 

I would be tempted to add a cross over in the platform so loco hauled trains can run round. The 3 sidings top right have to be shunted through the loader which my not be prototypical.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Jinty,

The plan looks good. I imagine operating trains while looking at the plan, which might help you find any problems. 

I would be tempted to add a cross over in the platform so loco hauled trains can run round. The 3 sidings top right have to be shunted through the loader which my not be prototypical.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, I hadn't realised about the shunting of the two sidings through the loader, so I've made some adjustments. I've also created a crossover for loco release.

It's amazing, you look at a plan for hours, and don't see things, then someone else comes along and spots a glaring mistake!!!!!!! Thanks again Peter

Here is the modified plan.......

post-14906-0-31875100-1415640669_thumb.png

I've made the unloading area a siding, and the headshunt will be the uppermost of the two sidings on the top right, the other one for storage,

Jinty ;-)

No worries Jinty,

Another question. What are the three sidings below the concrete works going to be used for? I am just thinking you could simplify that area and save on points.

Cheers Peter. 

Sorry, never put the buildings on the above revised plan!!!!!!

Here is the amended plan...

attachicon.gifWrexbury M Plan 5.png

The new crossover should create some interest, the bottom point is a L/H point on a transitional R/H curve!!!!!! lol

Jinty ;-)

Can I suggest the Bachmann BR LMR Type 15 signal box for Wrexbury, I've got a soft spot for them after working at Madely Junction.

What are the three sidings below the concrete works going to be used for? I am just thinking you could simplify that area and save on points.

Cheers Peter.

Right, the one immediately below is a headshunt, to facilitate running round the PCA's inrakes of 6.

The one below that is storage, and the one below that is Loco spur/Spare.

Can I suggest the Bachmann BR LMR Type 15 signal box for Wrexbury, I've got a soft spot for them after working at Madely Junction.

I've not even thought about the Signal box. My own preference would be a LNWR Type 4. Churchward do a brass kit for one.

I'll certainly have a look at the Bachy one when the time comes.

Jinty ;-)

Looking forward to seeing this being built..............regarding the Kadees, you should be able to use 19s currently as I do and I have 2nd & 3rd radius curves on a roundy roundy with no problems, I even have a few that use 18s

Thanks for that, I just need to get stuck into the boards ;-)

I've found that my Bachmann Mk1 & Mk2 coaches are a bit tight together with No19's, and they don't like the reverse curves coming into the station!!!!

I'm hoping that the smoother curves will help with the problem.

Jinty ;-)

Feeling a bit under the weather these last few days, so not much been done, as I've been knackered after work!!!

But today I've had a couple of hours on a couple of little projects.

The 08 shunter, I've fitted the detailing bits now (rear steps and handrails!!) now that I've found the bag of bits!!!!! I've also done away with the NEM fittings at each end and replaced them with Kadee No5's (although I'll have to get the equivalent underset ones as these are a bit low!!!), and I've fitted some buffer beam details too....

post-14906-0-97976500-1416244243_thumb.jpg

Need to weather it next, nice and subtle but work worn too (cast double arrows needed too!!!)!!!!!

Next up is this cheapo Hornby CAR brake van in R/F Distribution livery.

I fitted it with Kadee No5's, filed down the moulding lines on the headstocks, fitted air pipes, painted the duckets yellow, the roof black and the running boards brown to represent wood. Just got the floors in each end to paint now, then a good gentle weathering....

post-14906-0-94016000-1416244476_thumb.jpg

And here are the two together....

post-14906-0-48641000-1416244513_thumb.jpg

I'll do a bit more tomorrow hopefully.

Jinty ;-)

Archived