Hi all,
Been a bit quiet lately, but being busy at work, hasn't allowed me to do much. :cry:

A couple of new arrivals being..........

Bachmann Class 25, 25279, being a donor loco for 25322/25912 in full yellow ends and black numerals as Tamworth Castle.

post-14906-0-17741800-1416854999_thumb.jpg

Sitting behind it is a PCA in 'Ketton Cement' livery, for attention at some point.

And this rather large kit from Walthers..............

post-14906-0-10564800-1416855065_thumb.jpg

I won't be using all of it on Wrexbury Marsh, but it will come in handy for other little projects along the way, as the kit is HUGE!!!!!!! :O :o

I've asked a couple of questions on 'Prototype Questions' section about 25322/25912 if anyone knows the answers I'd be grateful.

Jinty ;-)

Nice 25 there Jinty :)

Paul

Thanks Paul & Brian,

It'll look nicer like this though..............

25912 "Tamworth Castle"

post-14906-0-91421500-1416865349.jpg

Photograph copyright John Powell, used with permission.

The cement factory kit will be built in reverse mode, as a cement powder receiving plant for a factory that produces various concrete products, rather than a factory that produces cement!!!!!!!!

More trackwork items to be ordered this week, once I've mended my bl*@dy car!!!!

Jinty ;-)

The 25 could look even better with 'D' prefixes and double heading with a nice green one!! ;) looking forward to seeing your progress Jinty and hope your sort the car out.

Cheers, Paul

Now I've still got another 'Rat' for sale if you're that keen??? lol

As for the car, it's only a water pump, but it's how much stuff you've got to remove to get at it!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Peter, Although, it may be some time as I've got quite a bit of track to build. ;)

Talking of track, I've insulated and painted the points that I built.
Not too keen on the slots in the sleeper tops, I think I'll experiment with some filler to get rid of them.
Quite a long point for a yard point, 22cm from the point of the frog to the tiebar.

post-14906-0-60544300-1416941294_thumb.jpg

I was going to order some more track making supplies this week, but the car needs a water pump, so it'll have to wait another week. :whistle:

Another little job on the WB this afternoon was the Hornby brakevan.
Bachmann wheels, Kadee No5 and the start of a couple of weathering washes.

post-14906-0-18432800-1416941306_thumb.jpg

It looks like it's just little jobs over the winter, as the temp has dropped quite a bit now, and the garage is chilly at best!!! :cry:

Jinty ;-)

• RMweb Gold

Now I've still got another 'Rat' for sale if you're that keen??? lolAs for the car, it's only a water pump, but it's how much stuff you've got to remove to get at it!!!!!Jinty ;-)

Nooooooo Jinty!!!!! It's to close to Christmas so stop tempting me!!!!!! (I am after a blue one though, but think signals might come first :( )

As for cars I haven't a clue, I can drive em but that's about it, an change a headlight bulb :)

Cheers, Paul

Hi Jinty, I am liking the point there, very nice ...... just to give you a possible heads up, I may be going 7mm, and selling off a good chunk of my 4mm stuff.

Best regards

Craig.

Hi Craig,

Yes I did see something about 7mm.

You didn't get a black eye then? Lol ;-)

You'll have to keep me in mind for any 37's, 47's, 56's and 60's!!!!! Oh and the odd DMU!!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

I like the direction your going Jinty and the Walthers kits are excellent for adding industrial detail to a layout. I wanted to add "Tamworth Castle" to my own fleet but she was out of action during 1988.

Hi Simon,

Thanks, yes the Walthers kits are superb, and so comprehensive too!!!!!

As far as 25912 goes, I'll be using some modellers licence ;-)

Jinty ;-)

Hi Simon,

Thanks, yes the Walthers kits are superb, and so comprehensive too!!!!!

As far as 25912 goes, I'll be using some modellers licence ;-)

Jinty ;-)

I fear as my friend Mark would say that I've joined the ranks of the "finescale taliban" as if it wasn't around in 1988 then It won't run (exception made for 85110 which only carried this number from 1989). Still i'm looking forward to the cement plant taking shape on your extension Jinty.

I fear as my friend Mark would say that I've joined the ranks of the "finescale taliban" as if it wasn't around in 1988 then It won't run (exception made for 85110 which only carried this number from 1989). Still i'm looking forward to the cement plant taking shape on your extension Jinty.

So if I turn out a Wrexbury to Pendleford trip in the hands of 25912, it'll get turned away will it???? I'll be 'aving a word with t' union!!!! :O

Now here this, DPU's are only £69 in that scouse shoppee, So I had to have one, and a couple of the new Cobalt IP Digital point motors to see how my hand built points work. ;)

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Peter, Although, it may be some time as I've got quite a bit of track to build. ;)

Talking of track, I've insulated and painted the points that I built.

Not too keen on the slots in the sleeper tops, I think I'll experiment with some filler to get rid of them.

Quite a long point for a yard point, 22cm from the point of the frog to the tiebar.

attachicon.gifWRX400.jpg

I was going to order some more track making supplies this week, but the car needs a water pump, so it'll have to wait another week. :whistle:

Another little job on the WB this afternoon was the Hornby brakevan.

Bachmann wheels, Kadee No5 and the start of a couple of weathering washes.

attachicon.gifWRX401.jpg

It looks like it's just little jobs over the winter, as the temp has dropped quite a bit now, and the garage is chilly at best!!! :cry:

Jinty ;-)

Surly they must serve some purpose ?   and not just cosmetic,    Rack & Pinion Perhaps.   :drag:  :no:

Surly they must serve some purpose ?   and not just cosmetic,    Rack & Pinion Perhaps.   :drag:  :no:

Yes David,

Electrical isolation on the copperclad sleepers!!!!!!

Although maybe rack and pinion on the station area of Wrexbury itself will be needed soon if that MDF moves anymore!!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

So if I turn out a Wrexbury to Pendleford trip in the hands of 25912, it'll get turned away will it???? I'll be 'aving a word with t' union!!!! :O

Now here this, DPU's are only £69 in that scouse shoppee, So I had to have one, and a couple of the new Cobalt IP Digital point motors to see how my hand built points work. ;)

Jinty ;-)

Which DPU did you get Jints ?

Craig.

Archived