Kingsley. see new thread = Swad Lane.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Parade square, Prince Phillip Barracks, Bordon......A Company, 10th Training Battalion, REME, Sergeant Major “Sorry lads but Easter leave has been cancelled. Some geezer called Bodgit has withdrawn the rail service he promised". :rtfm:

Do I recognise that 3 way turnout?  Was it once at the start of an earlier incarnation of Bacup's fiddle Yard? :D

Morning Jason, you could well be right mate, I knew it would be useful somewhere,

Parade square, Prince Phillip Barracks, Bordon......A Company, 10th Training Battalion, REME, Sergeant Major “Sorry lads but Easter leave has been cancelled. Some geezer called Bodgit has withdrawn the rail service he promised". :rtfm:

Actually MAJOR? I'm hoping to restore the service in time for the Easter Holidays.

Just not sure WHICH EASTER yet, hahhaha

The Platform building crew will be out later.

Morning all, I've just had a text from Marcus37 to let me know he's coming through Gresley this morning with the Underground Stock.

4 x Class 20's, 2 x Harry Needle on the Front and 2 x GBRF bringing up the rear so I will be there to get some pics hopefully and post later.

O.K. So I was expecting Marcus to come the other way as I thought he was working up from London so the locos are at the opposite ends .

Never mind, you may just catch his wave through the windscreen.

He was due through at 11 but had a problem with some brakes as was delayed until 12.23 by which time the sun had gone in and it was blowing up a hooley which the camera mike caught spoiling the wonderful sound of a pair of 20's.

So thanks again Marcus37 for the info.

There is something quite magic about a train driver waving to you. And it's even better when you know each other.

Hi Ian, The R M Web is a really amazing place for making friendships.

I have never met Marcus, we have only passed conversation on here and yet this morning he text me to say he was coming through and then rang to say he was running late.

I met Jeff (Physicsman) Jason (Sandside) from conversations on here and have paid both home visits and been made more than welcome.

At shows I have met the likes of Richard, (Mudmagnet) and Ray, (Ray Norwood) Neil, (Mason), Cav, (RBE) and many many more.

I really can't imagine modelling now without the R M Web. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, I've just had a text from Marcus37 to let me know he's coming through Gresley this morning with the Underground Stock.

4 x Class 20's, 2 x Harry Needle on the Front and 2 x GBRF bringing up the rear so I will be there to get some pics hopefully and post later.

Bodgemiester, after reading this through at least 4 times it still didn't make sense until I watched the video. Cracking stuff it is too!! as I would never have imagined a train in the UK with 4 locomotives.  

Will the layout have grass before the Easter holidays? :jester:

Squatch.

Bodgemiester, after reading this through at least 4 times it still didn't make sense until I watched the video. Cracking stuff it is too!! as I would never have imagined a train in the UK with 4 locomotives.  

Will the layout have grass before the Easter holidays? :jester:

Squatch.

YES Shaun,

Easter 2020

hahhahhahhaaahahehheeeeeeee :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

:blind:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian, The R M Web is a really amazing place for making friendships.

I have never met Marcus, we have only passed conversation on here and yet this morning he text me to say he was coming through and then rang to say he was running late.

I met Jeff (Physicsman) Jason (Sandside) from conversations on here and have paid both home visits and been made more than welcome.

At shows I have met the likes of Richard, (Mudmagnet) and Ray, (Ray Norwood) Neil, (Mason), Cav, (RBE) and many many more.

I really can't imagine modelling now without the R M Web. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

And long may it continue!

Maybe we should all get together and go visit Ian in Le Mans?!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

And long may it continue!

Maybe we should all get together and go visit Ian in Le Mans?!

Jeff

Crikey! Gimme a bit of notice - and I'll emigrate again! Seriously - the layout (mainly US HO, but with a 17' length of Southern Railway/Region OO) is, as I've posted elsewhere, a bit like Miss Havisham's wedding cake in places - work needed! Even then it wouldn't be worthy!

Hi Andy,

Well you done it mate, you were the first to get trains running on your thread. :no: :no: They may well be real ones but how refreshing to see something move. I still can't fathom out this youtube gizmo so you will still have to wait for mine.

I looked at those class 20's and thought I probably worked on them at Derby or Toton but they were boring blue then.

A funny story about a class 20 and a driver's log book comes to mind. I was carrying out an 'A exam' and looking through the log book I spotted the notice saying 'Can not lower drivers seat' As there are two seats in the cab I inspected them and found no fault, I returned loco to traffic.

A couple of weeks later the same driver re-advised the same fault on the same loco, I went through the motions again and still found no problems, I gave both a little greasing and went dizzy winding them up and down then once again returned them to traffic.

Again with same loco and driver the note was written yet again, I checked them and wrote "All in order - suggest employing driver with longer legs" WELL THE FLACK I GOT in unprintable. Bleeding dipsticks!...... Oops that's another part.

• RMweb Premium

Yeah then Shaun in Oregon, then Rob in NZ, HAHAH

You'll all be handed chain saws, weed whackers, lawn mowers, air rifles etc and put to work so as to gain a little modeling time!!

There'll be plenty of room (in the garage :O) by the end of next week.

Count me in on the NZ trip as it is closer for me and top of my list of places to see before I meet old Nick. :sungum:

In my post earlier I forgot to mention Polly (Southern42) and husband Ray (Tender) and Mike, (Mike 61680) all whom I have had the pleasure to meet at shows, and I don't mean just bump into, but actually arrange meetings prior to events to make the day a happier one.

Hi Andy

Was great to see you yesterday. Fortunately the rest of the day went to plan after the late start. Really like the video and thanks for posting it. As you say this a great place for making friendships and hopefully we'll meet up for a proper chat sometime in the near future.

See you soon.

Marcus

Morning Baron,  After our long chat yesterday have you come up with any ideas as to where you heading with 'Kingsley' ??

George  :scratchhead: 

Yeah,

THE DUSTBIN :O

hahahhahhaaa :stinker: :stinker: :stinker: :stinker: :stinker:

When I started Kingsley it was to be a quick build to just get running for this weekends Club Open Weekend, but with all the house problems taking over it hasn't worked out that way.

The Layout will be primarily for home use and the fact that the fiddle yard is at the rear is quite frankly a PAIN IN THE WHATSIT.

It will not be change too dramatically but just enough to make it more enjoyable for home use 51 weeks of the year.

I have a plan.

somewhere

just cant find it yet, but its in my head somewhere.

• RMweb Gold

I have plans like that, the trouble is inside my head the space stretches a bit while turnout lengths seem to shrink so when I get to put it on paper it just doesn't fit :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:Somehow something gotta give.

Don 

I have plans like that, the trouble is inside my head the space stretches a bit while turnout lengths seem to shrink so when I get to put it on paper it just doesn't fit :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:Somehow something gotta give.

Don 

Usually splinters.

O.K. so the plan is to turn the layout around 180 degrees, (it seems to be a theme with me as I did just that with Trebudoc after a couple of shows).

Anyway rotate by 180 degrees and relocate the Station as a half platform coming out from under the bridge hiding the fiddle yard.

The goods loops will run behind the platform and this will then just give a small yard.

The run round loop has also been re instated now with a new point replace the broken one.

Pics later

Archived