Kingsley. see new thread = Swad Lane.

Andrew P

Any happy news for us yet Andy? - this house thing is becoming a gripping saga! It would make my bedtime nip tastier if you have managed to finally resolve all issues. Mind you, not many can keep up with you even without all your 'bits and pieces'! Let us know as soon as you can, kind regards,

Jock67B.

Morning Jock, some news but NOT holding our breath just yet.

The guy with the Bond has now got the Cash for one and says he will have the rest of the Money in two weeks, BUT we've been down this, just another two weeks saga, so as I say were not holding our breath.

Thanks for asking. 

Cannot believe it Andy, and SWMBO doesn't realise why I'm not over keen on her downsizing idea!! You must be under extreme stress and no doubt there is a little bit of friction around as your good lady must be getting really peeved by now! Best of luck mate, I'm certain that most of the members, like myself, fully sympathise - you'll have to dig out some of your bits and pieces and bury yourself in modelling!

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

What happened to the fuel point and single road shed Andy??? i was getting excited hahahaha

Do try to keep up Neil, this is ME your talking to, and you must know by know that ideas flow like yellow water around here.

Now I have some 33's and a couple of 47's and a 50 for sale, hahhaha

Only joking.

At the moment, hahah :O

Morning Bodgit,  Why don't you build a small layout around the lovely class 33, something like Richard (Mudmagnet) has done, l'm sure you will not be out for long ....you know you can always sell me your unwanted 33s  (hahaha)

George

Morning Bodgit,  Why don't you build a small layout around the lovely class 33, something like Richard (Mudmagnet) has done, l'm sure you will not be out for long ....you know you can always sell me your unwanted 33s  (hahaha)

George

Ha ha George, 33 are so nice, I ordered a Dapol 22 and a Heljan Hymek yesterday, both in Green with small yellow panels as I just love the small Diesels because they make the Layout look bigger.

Don't worry, these are not for Kingsley.

Ha ha George, 33 are so nice, I ordered a Dapol 22 and a Heljan Hymek yesterday, both in Green with small yellow panels as I just love the small Diesels because they make the Layout look bigger.

Don't worry, these are not for Kingsley.

Hi Andy,

If you're having a dabble in hydraulics, may I recommend the Heljan/Hattons class 14 - a proper little stunner but it needs a very small decoder and you must take great care when fitting as those cab steps are easily broken, safer to remove them! FYI.

I haven't got a Dapol 22 yet as I have been saving my old Silver Fox models but the Hymek is one of the best British diesels - ever! I've got about four, I think!

Don't worry, I'm very careful in the snow and last winter I forgot to order it and guess what? None came!!!

Cheers,

John E.

• RMweb Premium

Just been having a catch up with what's happening at Bodgit Towers. You've done a cracking job on that Crompton BTW. Real nice buildings too, what a find.

Had to agree with John about the Hymeks, they're spot on! The one I have runs like a dream.

Squatch.

Hi Andy,

If you're having a dabble in hydraulics, may I recommend the Heljan/Hattons class 14 - a proper little stunner but it needs a very small decoder and you must take great care when fitting as those cab steps are easily broken, safer to remove them! FYI.

I haven't got a Dapol 22 yet as I have been saving my old Silver Fox models but the Hymek is one of the best British diesels - ever! I've got about four, I think!

Don't worry, I'm very careful in the snow and last winter I forgot to order it and guess what? None came!!!

Cheers,

John E.

Hi John, I don't think Class 14's ever worked in Devon or Cornwall mate, hahha.

Just been having a catch up with what's happening at Bodgit Towers. You've done a cracking job on that Crompton BTW. Real nice buildings too, what a find.

Had to agree with John about the Hymeks, they're spot on! The one I have runs like a dream.

Squatch.

Thanks Shaun, yes my mate's got 3 or 4 Hymeks and also an old Hornby one that's super detailed and looks almost as good as a Heljan now, BUT he's taken the motor out and runs it as a double header.

Hi Andy

Trying to catch up with the changes / weathering / house etc after quite a few days of real life getting in the way of even keeping up to date on here. :O :scared:

The buildings are stunning and looking forward to either Kingsley (or another layout) doing them justice in the SW. :sungum: :sungum:

Every time I see some new weathering from you, it is like there's even more levels to climb to achieve the work that you manage to achieve. :scratchhead: :sungum: :locomotive:

(Don't mention the house move) :triniti:

Duncan

Hi John, I don't think Class 14's ever worked in Devon or Cornwall mate, hahha.

Aha! No sadly not.

At least definitely not Cornwall, maybe just in the eastern part of Devon!?!

Wouldn't let a little detail like that stop me though!!!

Oh! I geddit! Ex Southern lines in the area, eh? Go for it!

Cheers,

John E.

Aha! No sadly not.

At least definitely not Cornwall, maybe just in the eastern part of Devon!?!

Wouldn't let a little detail like that stop me though!!!

Oh! I geddit! Ex Southern lines in the area, eh? Go for it!

Cheers,

John E.

NO, think Trebudoc but in OO and Nickwoods Much Murkle which I will see at the Sutton Coldfield show on Sunday.

Dapol 22 and Heljan Hymek arrived today and a Black Pannier, and Green 45XX and 4575 both are being changed from GWR to BR Late Crest.

Just got bored as I cant do a lot more on here until Monday when I can get on with the wiring again. All the scenic stuff is in storage so I  wont get much more done until after the NEW DEN / Potting Shed is built, wired, insulated and secure.

I also have some new ideas for the Midlands stock based on an idea from Jason's Bacup, more info on that nearer the time.

Keep watching for some pics over the next day or so.

All the scenic stuff is in storage so I  wont get much more done until after the NEW DEN / Potting Shed is built, wired, insulated and secure.

Hi Andy, does that mean the house move is back on? Fingers crossed.

Ray.

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I am writing to you on behalf of my Sergeant Major and the other ranks. The Sergeant major tells me he had postpone the men’s leave owing to a delay in the railway being built by Easter. He now informs me that you intend to relocate the railway to somewhere in Devon. I too am now concerned that my Sergeant Major might have a discipline problem should we not be able to allow the junior ranks time with their loved ones.

Please could you inform me that this is just an internet rumour?

Yours

Lt Colonel La De Da hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

Bordon

PS I hope the real relocating does happen this time.

Hi Andy, does that mean the house move is back on? Fingers crossed.

Ray.

Morning Ray and Polly, Re the house move / not move.

Well the man with the Bond has now sold one and allegedly should have the other one sold and the Money in his bank and ready to proceed by the 6th May, so being a bit generous we have given him yet another deadline of the 8th of May to give us a completion date within two weeks of that. :O

Not holding our breath. :no:  

Dear Mr Peters

I am writing to you on behalf of my Sergeant Major and the other ranks. The Sergeant major tells me he had postpone the men’s leave owing to a delay in the railway being built by Easter. He now informs me that you intend to relocate the railway to somewhere in Devon. I too am now concerned that my Sergeant Major might have a discipline problem should we not be able to allow the junior ranks time with their loved ones.

Please could you inform me that this is just an internet rumour?

Yours

Bordon

PS I hope the real relocating does happen this time.

Fear not young man, your men will have a Station at Kingsley in Hampshire, it may not be soon, it may not be as originally envisaged but time stands still for no man.

Kingsley will be as originally intended less the third rail at the moment. It will be mainly freight movements in and out with the 33's / 73's doing the Troop carrying services. 

The West County Layout will be something quite different, and involving totally different stock, as will the Midlands Layout but more of these two at a later date once I know if we are moving or not.

Cheers,

Bodge :O

• RMweb Premium

Fear not young man, your men will have a Station at Kingsley in Hampshire, it may not be soon, it may not be as originally envisaged but time stands still for no man.

Kingsley will be as originally intended less the third rail at the moment. It will be mainly freight movements in and out with the 33's / 73's doing the Troop carrying services. 

The West County Layout will be something quite different, and involving totally different stock, as will the Midlands Layout but more of these two at a later date once I know if we are moving or not.

Cheers,

Bodge :O

Dear Mr Peters

Thank you for your prompt reply. I agree time does not stand still for no man but Sergeant Shoutalot is finding it hard to occupy the men so that they do not stand still as time passes.

Yours

Bordon

post-16423-0-77722200-1398510894.png

post-16423-0-73168600-1398510911.png

post-16423-0-46020300-1398510941.png

post-16423-0-11408100-1398510960.png

That was just brilliant Clive, thanks for that, I'm still chuckling at the; mine hasn't gone bang bit.

Re your Troop carrier, due to track issues we are unable to have a Rail service out of Kingsley today, however we do have alternative transport.

Its a new style Ride on LAWN MOWER

post-9335-0-84059300-1398520361_thumb.jpg

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Hi Andy, just returned from Liverpool MRE and I'm getting worried, I think your love of small diesels is starting to rub off on me.

Picked up a nice green class 25 and Zimo sound decoder for a realy good price to go with the 33 and two 22's I already have. Just need a green Hymek now to complete the set. Who knows, CQ might even get a green diesel era option. :no: :no: :no:

It was a good show, well worth the visit.

Ray.

• RMweb Gold

Dear Mr Peters

Thank you for your prompt reply. I agree time does not stand still for no man but Sergeant Shoutalot is finding it hard to occupy the men so that they do not stand still as time passes.

Yours

Bordon

attachicon.gifrecruits a.png

attachicon.gifrecruits 2a.png

attachicon.gifrecruits 3a.png

attachicon.gifrecruits 4a.png

Clive,

Does the Army rule book have the list of prescribed nick names?  I knew two guys who when in the army, one was Nobby Clarke, and the other Tubs.

Archived