Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Temeraire

Had a thoroughly enjoyable day operating Tidworth today. Everyone who took time to watch the action made favourable comments (even the guy recognising one of Leaford's buses on the layout).

Regards Nigel

Edited by Melangoose
  • Like 3

I have to agree, a great day on Tidworth today. Even with a complete DCC amateur like me at one of the controls for half an hour. Must remember the non-sound loco's don't need revving up to pull away ! Hope everyone enjoyed the show, I certainly did.

Cheers,

Stu.

• Like 2

Another couple of shots of Tidworth today - a great layout that you should all see for real.

First a Sunday engineers train basking in the early afternoon sunshine (between about 3 and 3.30 we had sun via a skylight onto the end of the layout) - note the point rodding (is that what it is called) bottom right.

post-10336-0-06163100-1429475801_thumb.jpg

Hang on - how did inappropriate wagon get there....

post-10336-0-60266700-1429475758_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ian for letting us play trains on your layout for the last couple of days.

Moving pictures currently being edited and uploaded, although a lot has ended up on the cutting room floor due to inappropriate background noise from the 'operators'.

Phil

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I dropped off the trams at my parents and picked up a load of my diesel stock as seeing it all on Tidworth means I want to go diesel for a bit ;)

Some very complimentary comments about Tidworth from some other good modellers there who I was chatting too.

( don't tell the 'crew' but they said the operation was good too with lots of interesting moves )

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Enjoy....I did!

Cheers Phil I like that, need to have a filming session at Ian's now to get even more angles, in the middle where the dock is, you can't get at a show without spoiling people's view.
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Phil I like that, need to have a filming session at Ian's now to get even more angles, in the middle where the dock is, you can't get at a show without spoiling people's view.

No problem, but give me a week off before I put the layout back up!

• Like 3

Ian, you may actually have tipped me over the edge with this whole "exhibiting" thing... The fact that it ran well was obviously a huge boost, but seems like you all had a good time too. That, to me, sounds like a great weekend!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Pete I would say go for it! It's great to spend time with people that have the same interest and all the crew I have met via RMweb and have become good friends, and just what I needed recently.

Hopefully it is only the first show that gets the nerves going, as I know it can work okay now, so the next should be more relaxed! If you need help when you get out there give me a shout and if you're ever down this way you must drop in.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 2

Hi Ian, well having just seen the pics again from the show and also the superb Video it really has come out well.

I've just ripped up my Bitton Layout as there just wasn't enough shunting / operating / playing value with it and I now have 17.5ft (12ft scenic) to re do my old Kingsmill / your Tidworth down one side. I will be PINCHING BACK some ideas such as NSE and the longer Platform if I can as its so effective.

Absolutely brilliant work mate and not over crowded with gimmicks, it just works scenically and operationally.

Well done matey.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully it is only the first show that gets the nerves going, as I know it can work okay now, so the next should be more relaxed! If you need help when you get out there give me a shout and if you're ever down this way you must drop in.

Well you always worry a bit that you've forgotten something but once it's up its great ;)

It was the concern further motors would fail that stressed me this weekend and I never did with the old layout. That's why it's losing the dodgy motors this week so I can have it up and running again.

• Like 1

I still think at the next one, the duty shunter should wear the hi viz vest!

Had a really good weekend, so thanks to Ian and the gang for putting up with me. Sorry I had to go to work and avoid dismantling the layout! Had a nice flight along the jurassic coastline though! Woo ha ha ha..

• RMweb Gold

I still think at the next one, the duty shunter should wear the hi viz vest!

Had a really good weekend, so thanks to Ian and the gang for putting up with me. Sorry I had to go to work and avoid dismantling the layout! Had a nice flight along the jurassic coastline though! Woo ha ha ha..

You forgot to remind me about the powercab! it was in a box by your feet when you send bye. I'll look for the signal later and if I find it I may drop them off when I pass on friday if anyone likely to be in.

• RMweb Premium

I will be PINCHING BACK some ideas

No problem Andy, can hardly object can I as I pinched the basics first! I look forward to seeing what you come up with and maybe I can drop by the potting shed sometime on my travels for work? If you are ever heading down South on a break please feel free to come and play too.

• Like 1