Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

I'd Love to see Tidworth again but I don't suppose there's much chance of seeing for some time, as I live on the east coast and it's 230miles to get there. There's not much chance of seeing the layout either..... as much as I'd like to.

• RMweb Premium

Warley, Hmm 3.5 hours each way+ plus the show, We'll have to see if my MRC does organize a coach that year.

• RMweb Premium

I'd Love to see Tidworth again but I don't suppose there's much chance of seeing for some time, as I live on the east coast and it's 230miles to get there. There's not much chance of seeing the layout either..... as much as I'd like to.

We'll be at the Mid Essex show in Shenfield later this year, it's a bit closer.

Unless your MRC has a show and needs a layout?

Aha! You're coming towards East Angular? See you there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

When is this show? Wasn't the mid essex show a couple of weeks back?

Yes sorry I meant later in 2016 as Paul said, actually Saturday September 17th 2016 to be exact.

Edited by Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the information, Shenfield is 2.5 Hours each way plus the show so It's a bit closer :no:  Even the Army turned down the use of the Disused RAF Coltishall as too Remote!!   We are a long way from anywhere!

Our MRC does have a show http://www.broadlandmodelrailwayclub.co.uk/3.html held in early October each year, I'm not sure how far our budget runs to for a distant Layout, I'm just a gofer as far as the show is concerned. I'm also  not sure where you're based, but Tidworth for instance is just over 4 hours from Aylsham, depending on the traffic round the M25, though from days distant past I used to travel Swindon, Oxford, Buckingham, Bedford, Cambridge, Norwich. :locomotive:and I live further away than that out on the coast!

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Gold

. I'm there now!

Where's there? ;)

Still waiting on the meeting for our new roster but as all the other chaos is finally staring to be commissioned hopefully that unknown will be solved by Crimbo!

Maybe we need to persuade Ian to let us have a post privatisation takeover for one night only ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Currently in Ludgershall but moving soon to Andover.

Ludgershall I know, my great great and great grandfather owned Highfield house and the coal yard which was next door, Rawlings court is named after that side of the family. The memorial hall was built on land from the family. My mother was born nearby at Aughton, and my brother in Short Street.

I went to St James primary school and Tidworth Down secondary modern boys school from 1963 to 1971. I had family living in Butt street, Butt close, st james street, short street, Astor cresant.

But ludgershall has changed greatly since my part of the family left in 1971. (To the outer Hebrides!!) I was last there in 96 as I stopped for coffee on my way to do some work at Boscombe down.

One of my earliest memories of the railway there is the workmen burning the wood left over after the destruction of the station. Next year solid work on modelling Ludgershall station (and collingbourne) should begin instead of just bits and pieces I've collected or made so far

Edited by TheQ

Great set of pics Phil - Would really like to see more of those MOD wagons and loads, also details of where the vehicle kits come from if poss.

Cheers, Bob.

Yes sorry I meant later in 2016 as Paul said, actually Saturday September 12th 2016 to be exact.

There was me thinking I'd missed it as well. Mental note made to make the trip down next September. The kids will just have gone back to school and I'll need a day out and a beer. I'll be sure to say Hi.

I'm just building the boards for the next layout and looking at the recent pics of Tidworth, I need a static grasser. Badly. Outstanding work on the lineside greenery... it makes such a difference to the overall look. Great stuff.

• RMweb Premium

Mental note made to make the trip down next September. The kids will just have gone back to school and I'll need a day out and a beer. I'll be sure to say Hi.

Say Hi?? I've got you inked in as part of the crew! ;)  :locomotive:

• Like 1