Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year all.

Just a quickie of current position with the 73.

post-6922-0-10336300-1451650989.jpg

Having sat above a radiator since yesterday afternoon all that's left is to mask off for the final body colour to be sprayed (hopefully today), to pull it all together. It's by no means a professional job but I think once varnished and weathered it'll will satisfy me more than the original did!

Once that's done I've got the 'Dutch' one to sort out now too!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Not happy!

Having spent ages masking ready for the final spray guess what the bloody Railmatch can doesn't spray its contents! I almost bought a new one last week when I was at Howes but thought better of it as the can probably still has a third of its contents and I thought it would be okay, should have known better as these cans have caught me out before. Oh well it'll have to wait now unless I talk nicely to Hampshire Hog and ask him to spray it with his airbrush for me? ;)

• RMweb Gold

Or try a nozzle of another can, don't leave the masking on though if it's going to be a few days as the other paint is still relatively fresh and the tape grabs more with time and might pull off the paint.

• RMweb Gold

Yeah had that too, some seem to lose their propellant as I've had a brand new can just splatter then die. I've also found those rail match nozzles block easily even when you thought they were clean. I gave up on them and went with the airbrush for when I needed colours Halfords didn't do.

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium

Evening chaps

The 73 is nearing completion! Kevin (Hampshire Hog) sprayed the upper bodysides for me on Saturday after my rattle can issues and made a mighty fine job. Cheers Kevin. Once the masking was removed I gave it a coat of gloss varnish and this evening I have just finished lining up the numbers for 73132 and getting the arrows in the right place using pics from Flickr circa 1990. Too late for a pic but I'll try tomorrow afternoon if its still light when I get home from Cornwall.

• Like 6

Hi Ian, Happy New Year.

I am looking forward to seeing your resprayed ED, I did like them in that livery. Whilst I was never a big fan of them, not even sure why really, however, despite all the issues with liveries etc. it does look like a nice model. It has tempted me and I certainly don't have a need for a 73!

Looking forward to seeing the results hopefully later.

• RMweb Premium

That's a deffo improvement !

I hope so!!

Last night once I had varnished it I completely reassembled the loco ready for weathering. May pose it on the layout for a pic or two first if I get time this weekend, and then start on the 'Dutch' livered version.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

I didn't get time to put the layout up for pics after all this weekend but I took a couple of shots of the completed 73 before the light finally went. The 73 is now completely reassembled and just needs weathering but this can wait until my Dutch one is ready to weather and they can be done together.

post-6922-0-65747200-1452444598.jpg

post-6922-0-70807600-1452444293.jpg

• Like 15