Temeraire

Many Thanks Ian, great pics - I have a bit of a thing with Tampers and Departmental/Engineers Stock :yes: -  I was hoping that a manufacturer would have graced us with a decent 1980s 75 Tonne Diesel Breakdown Crane by now :banghead: ... we can live in hope .

Cheers, Bob.

• RMweb Premium

How easy was it to change the couplings on the VEAs?

Hi Martin

Hadn't forgotten just not had time to take pics for you. Once the Hornby loops and the post that the hook attaches to were removed, a square of plasticard was glued in place as a base. In my case a scrap piece of Wills box profile steel sheeting which was exactly the right thickness (more by luck than judgement!)

post-6922-0-30027800-1455298928.jpg

This Bachmann coupling and pocket was then glued on top of the plasticard. Its the one with the crank in it.

post-6922-0-47288200-1455298936.jpg

View of the underside after painting the plasticard black.

post-6922-0-59557900-1455298944.jpg

Lousy pic of the completed van but with this mod and new metal wheels (Hornby 12.6mm 3 hole wheels) they run sweetly and look a lot better to my eyes.

Best of luck with yours!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

Looking really good. What have you used for the fertiliser bags in OCA wagons?

They look very good. Also impressed with the weathering on the engineers wagons.

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

The bags came from P&H models made by DUHA but they are out of stock at the moment.

http://pandhmodels.com/category.php?id_category=94

I was too slow!

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Its looking excellent Ian, I wished I lived down South again to get to Ropley and also see Tidworth  at a show.

Thanks Andy

Warley 2018 unless I get closer to you before. If you're ever down this way on a holiday trip get in touch and break the journey here.

Thanks Andy

Warley 2018 unless I get closer to you before. If you're ever down this way on a holiday trip get in touch and break the journey here.

Ian, Warley's just 25 minutes down the road, but at a TENNER for the Car Park, then the Entry Fee and then a couple of coffee's you can wave good buy to nearly THIRTY QUID, And last time I went I couldn't get any where near Bath Green Park to even see it, let alone get any Photos. Sorry but I don't consider that good value I'm afraid.

I'm sure you'll be at DEMU soon, that's just 10 minutes away and good value.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Can you give details of the Basingstoke show?

Might see you on the Saturday

Hi Martin

Make sure you say hello and come and have a go.

Exhibition is at Aldworth Science College, RG22 6HA. Sat 10-1700, Sun 10-1600. Entrance £5.00.

Hi,

Reading through your post with great enthusiasm.  Excellent works and there is some inspiration that I may take to my layout.  Can I ask if 56049 is the older Hornby version of the 56 or is it a respray?  If the former, then it looks hardly any different to the super detail version.

Cheers

Bryn