Temeraire

Well luckily no further misfortunes on the way home for me as I half expected the Underground to be closed or Paddington to have been destroyed by a hurricane.

Looking forward to the re-run when we can be derailed down the Ludgershall Branch. Great day though !!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thats a great shame that your day out was somewhat short. :beee:   I'd have loved to see pictures of Andover -Red Post-Weyhill and especially Ludgershall. Though there's not much I'll remember left. :scratchhead:

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Good luck with the move and looking forward to seeing the layout again soon.

Cheers Shed

Move all done thanks just a phone line we're short of now! Tidworth is off to Millbrook this weekend, come and say hello if RMwebbers are visiting.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all

Having finally moved into the new house in early November all modelling has been rather curtailed, as well as regular RMweb visits, as we are still waiting for BT Openreach to complete the job to connect us to the outside world! We are now on our third 'completion date' (Jan 10th!) but I don't hold out much hope so things may be a bit quiet for some time to come.

Once I straighten things out at home I hope to get the layout up in January before its' first outing to Guildford on January 22nd and Southampton Jan 28-29th. Also in the Spring plans are afoot to get a shed installed in the garden that may see the re-emergence of Exford Park in a revised form.

So whilst on line at work I'll take the opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and a big thank you to all who have assisted on the road with Tidworth this past year and hopefully the coming busy year for exhibitions!

All the best

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Yeah openreach! A mate rang the number given and got BT who said Openreach is a contractor but when asked for a direct number they said they didn't have one! Sounds like some of the white goods manufacturers I had to deal with in a previous job who would not book appointments then just turn up and say the customer wasn't there! I had to threaten local service agents with getting head office involved usually to get them to book appointments.

Happy Christmas Ian and hope to see you in the new year although I'm busy for both those dates in January!

Morning all

Having finally moved into the new house in early November all modelling has been rather curtailed, as well as regular RMweb visits, as we are still waiting for BT Openreach to complete the job to connect us to the outside world! We are now on our third 'completion date' (Jan 10th!) but I don't hold out much hope so things may be a bit quiet for some time to come.

Once I straighten things out at home I hope to get the layout up in January before its' first outing to Guildford on January 22nd and Southampton Jan 28-29th. Also in the Spring plans are afoot to get a shed installed in the garden that may see the re-emergence of Exford Park in a revised form.

So whilst on line at work I'll take the opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and a big thank you to all who have assisted on the road with Tidworth this past year and hopefully the coming busy year for exhibitions!

All the best

Well done on the move Ian, are you still in the village....sorry town.

See you at Southampton, I'll be there with my small EM layout....probably in the dining hall!

John.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well done on the move Ian, are you still in the village....sorry town.

See you at Southampton, I'll be there with my small EM layout....probably in the dining hall!

John.

Hi John

Still in Ludgershall on the old garden centre site. See you at Southampton.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Temeraire

Only just found your layout thread today and have read the whole thing, interesting to see how the layout was built.

I saw the layout at the New Forest show last summer and will try and make it to the Southampton show

Good luck for your next exhibition

Ed 

This was the inspiration for my layout - I met Ian at the Fareham Rotorail exhibition and he kindly explained how he'd built Tidworth and how it all worked. If it hadn't been for this, I'd never have attempted to build mine. Unfortunately, he's not been able to get rid of me since!  :O

I'll be the one at Barton Peverill crashing the trains and shorting out the DCC system on a regular basis  :laugh:  :laugh:

Edited by scoobyra