Temeraire

• Tempfix

Looking very nice already sir. This is my next project too, but am building the centre car with Replica parts. May I ask if you've found any suitable transfers for the hand painted bits on the cab front?

Good luck with it!

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

Yes I'm still alive and well and tonight the airbrush was alive again at last. Having been away to South Africa and busy for work before and since, modelling has taken a backseat, but tonight the elusive Thumper project saw the light of day once again!

attachicon.gifThumperBlue_200716.jpg

The 3 car Thumper has gained its first colour stripe, so far so good with no paint bleed onto white previously sprayed.

I very much doubt it will be ready for Barnstaple in ten days time but at least it has moved forward. If you're coming along to the show please say hello as its just Paul and me for this one so we could use a little help if you fancy a go.

Looking very good so far.

I must start my centre car some day although it will be in green.

See you at Barnstaple.

• Like 1

Evening all

Yes I'm still alive and well and tonight the airbrush was alive again at last. Having been away to South Africa and busy for work before and since, modelling has taken a backseat, but tonight the elusive Thumper project saw the light of day once again!

The 3 car Thumper has gained its first colour stripe, so far so good with no paint bleed onto white previously sprayed.

I very much doubt it will be ready for Barnstaple in ten days time but at least it has moved forward. If you're coming along to the show please say hello as its just Paul and me for this one so we could use a little help if you fancy a go.

welcome back

looks great

Evening all

Hi Ian,

Looking forward to seeing Tidworth in action and meeting your good self this weekend at the Barnstaple show.

Sadly like your thumper, my 4TC kit build (we have spoken about in the past) is also nowhere near ready for the Barny show!! Will you be bringing the blue/grey 4TC to run at the weekend? Would be really interested to see it, especially the roof detail to get some tips. Also really interested in your 3 car thumper as it is something I will require for my eventual 'Salisbury-ish' based layout.

See you over the weekend,

Rich.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Rich

I look forward to meeting you too and letting you have a go. I will have a 4TC with me that belongs to a friend to look at although I've sold my kit on as I've ordered a NSE version from Kernow.

• RMweb Gold

Could you hear them above the 20s and station announcements then? ;)

It was the station announcements that they got told to turn off! I love them, I think it's great....actually, maybe I might build Clapham Junction and have them going off every 3 seconds... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• RMweb Gold

It was the station announcements that they got told to turn off! I love them, I think it's great....actually, maybe I might build Clapham Junction and have them going off every 3 seconds... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

With different announcements on each platform :sungum:

We will be running a little NSE stock in celebration of NSE anniversary. Love the livery.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Just an update on that Thumper thing before I load up ready to sample the delights of the A303 on a Friday afternoon as Tidworth heads to Barnstaple.

Thumper_290716.jpg.6fbaae3870aaeb2a80443a0d80c84114.jpg

All the stripey bits done now and just a bit of fettling required with a small brush and a steady hand to complete! Then blacken the ends and the roofs and its job done at last.

Not ready for this weekend but the 'Leaford Thumper' will be standing in again (thanks Kevin) at Barnstaple where I hope to see some of you for a chat.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 8

Hi Ian

Love that Thumper she looks stunning.

I have that managers saloon lovely bit of kit that :senile:  I added some railway staff to mine, a real focal point at all the exhibitions we have been to

SAM_2115_zps2k1lgih4.jpg

Have fun at Barnstaple

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

Edited by NSE DAZ
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Good to see Tidworth at Barnstaple show today, shame could not hear sound stuff too well as layout opposite was a little on the over loud side.

Sorry what did you say!!

Good to see the layout and crew again. Makes me want to build a new NSE layout but just don't have the room

• RMweb Premium

Sorry what did you say!!

Good to see the layout and crew again. Makes me want to build a new NSE layout but just don't have the room

Pardon?

When you say crew, it was more of a duet this time!

You could always sell Banbury to make room (go on you know you want to!)  ;)

Thanks to the Barnstaple team again and especially Paul, I couldn't have done it without you!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Just an update on that Thumper thing before I load up ready to sample the delights of the A303 on a Friday afternoon as Tidworth heads to Barnstaple.

attachicon.gifThumper_290716.jpg

All the stripey bits done now and just a bit of fettling required with a small brush and a steady hand to complete! Then blacken the ends and the roofs and its job done at last.

Not ready for this weekend but the 'Leaford Thumper' will be standing in again (thanks Kevin) at Barnstaple where I hope to see some of you for a chat.

Thumper looks awesome mate!

• RMweb Premium

Was Darren there then??  :sarcastichand:

I don't think so unless it was his Class 20 that wasn't helping my headache all day and not the one opposite!

Don't fancy joining the crew for Uckfield do you?