RMweb

Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Love the photo's of Edinburgh Waverley and Princes Street Gardens. C7426, of 26003 is a particularly good shot, with lots of atmosphere. In photo' C9015, notice how the class 120 has a class 101 TSL.

All the best,

Market65.

Great stuff from Edinburgh. Many hours spent as a teenager sitting on the red cabinet to the left of 47209 on the Dundee circle platform in C 73.

In fact I'm wondering if I might have been featured in the other pictures!!

everyone keeps saying it but great pictures no matter the location

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Great to see the photo's of Cramlington. A terrific set of photo's from Kent as well. That last one, C3731, at Chatham, has given one of those 'high' views from the top of the tunnel - makes the railway look a bit like a model!

All the best,

Market65.

Chesterfield was also a good day out from Manchester for spotting. Remember standing at the southern end of the platform in the early 80's building up my list of 20's and Peaks. 

Thanks for the photographic memories yet again. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Love the photo's of Chesterfield. In the last one, I think that the class 122 unit will be on a route learning service. There is an extra windscreen wiper on the middle windscreen that these units had.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Premium

Also note in C410 that the catch/trap point has been secured in the running position with the use of a fishplate, clip and no-doubt a scotch in the closest blade. Not something you see much of...

Lovely set of piccys again Dave.

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Hi David

The Peak in C602 could be a Class 46. All the Class 46s were refurbished by Brush, with new one piece headcode panels and the little triangular grille. Some Class 45s were also refurbished so they matched the Class 46s visually like D 126 in C410.

• Like 1

Augusta Hall, wife of Sir Benjamin Hall M.P.(after whom 'Big Ben' was named) would be proud to see the 'traditional' Welsh dress she apparently "thought up" so proudly displayed at Abergynolwyn.

More cracking photos Dave.

Brian R

Edited by br2975
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Lovely photo's of the Talyllyn Railway from 1969. Then timeless scenes of the ECML at Barkston and Frinkley Lane Crossing. Some glorious photo's of 55's, with a favourite being C3888, 55002 The Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry at Barkston, May, 1978. The York services, being comprised of, mainly, Mk1 stock must be extras of some kind. In the last photo' the 55 has a badly applied 'arrow' - it is sloping down towards the camera.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

Epic Deltic shots :sungum: .    C3888 seems very late for a Deltic to be hauling Mk 1s?

Bill

The date is correct, I've just checked my slide catalogue.  Dad photographed the same train (he was standing next to me) and has recorded the same date.  Fortunately we both catalogued or photos in date order as soon as they came back from the slide processors.

By mid 1978 there were a lot of HSTs in service on the ECML so Deltics were used on some of the secondary "semi fast" services as well as on "extras".

David

• Like 1