Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Swad Lane.

Andrew P

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

First locomotives running on the track - using DC to check  - two odd responses but otherwise great to see something running and points working - thanks to Ashley for his help in this.   Some lights need replacing - decided on a separate 12v circuit for all lighting requiring resistors.  Fiddle yard modified - now five short tracks and 'hidden' to make life easier.  Replacement lamps, buffer stop light awaited.  Andy P is painting scenic background.  Will have its very first outing at our own Easter Open Event 27th/28th March - you could say a trial before Cotgrave (South Notts) in April.

Peter

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

At last a bit of time to work on the layout.  Tonight measurement from Andy P for the back scene and fiddle yard 'hide' as better than trying to make the fiddle yard scenic.  Then installed three street lights but didn't realise just how long it took me ... hopefully sort out the 'odd' track problems as above over the weekend.

Peter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Some progress on Swad Lane - points work; lights work but still some problems with DCC track (originally DC) to sort.  Attached picture from earlier today - minus building that stands over control box.

post-12576-0-46962300-1458417368_thumb.jpeg

Peter

• Like 7

That's some good news Peter, the Track should be the easiest bit to sort out, just disconnect every feed, start again from the Controller Board and when you get the SHORT, that's where you problem is.

All the best and see you Tuesday night mate.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well guys that's it - Swad Lane ended up running late on Thursday evening with the help of one or two others.  Not long before that Andy and Mick H had told me to slow down so that I would not go like him - a timely warning.

Today it was clear-up and sweep-up time and some time installing a replacement strip-light above the main 'OO' Coopers Dale and Marston layout ready for tomorrow.

Here's hoping that Swad Lane runs well over the open weekend - predominantly late 'blue' with some exceptions - so none of my EWS stock or '66s'

We will also see if some of the members forgot to put their clocks forward.

Peter

Well guys that's it - Swad Lane ended up running late on Thursday evening with the help of one or two others.  Not long before that Andy and Mick H had told me to slow down so that I would not go like him - a timely warning.

Today it was clear-up and sweep-up time and some time installing a replacement strip-light above the main 'OO' Coopers Dale and Marston layout ready for tomorrow.

Here's hoping that Swad Lane runs well over the open weekend - predominantly late 'blue' with some exceptions - so none of my EWS stock or '66s'

We will also see if some of the members forgot to put their clocks forward.

Peter

OOOOOOooooooooo I've got NOISEY BLUE 25, 33, 43/Warship, 47, 50, and 52/Western, hahahaha

• Like 1

Swad Lane appeared to work well today and here are some pics of it in action.

post-9335-0-68379200-1459096545_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18964700-1459096597_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65675500-1459096663_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74261800-1459096739_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-78342300-1459096805_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84885600-1459096847_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-62240000-1459096898_thumb.jpg

And a Class 20 I weathered for Peter today.

post-9335-0-41955100-1459096957_thumb.jpg

And the Scenic bit That I painted hiding the Fiddle Yard

post-9335-0-11294000-1459098318_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that comment Bob, but, while I have done a lot of work on Swad Lane the credit for the superb detail must go to Ashley and Trevor Toone.

Andy,

Thanks for the photographs.

Peter

• Like 5

Nice to meet you Peter at the show you have a great layout there with lots of detail, don't forget the bus on the over bridge, Hopefully I'll get to Cotgrave next month to see it again.

Brian

Edited by bynackmor

• RMweb Gold

The positive of the G&WMRG Open Weekend was the relatively trouble free running but the main drawback was that the fiddle yard proved to be too short and will therefore need to be lengthened.  The 'cradle' has available space for this. This also leads to the possibility of also adding more tracks to assist in running variety ... I have some ideas ...  

• Like 1

The positive of the G&WMRG Open Weekend was the relatively trouble free running but the main drawback was that the fiddle yard proved to be too short and will therefore need to be lengthened.  The 'cradle' has available space for this. This also leads to the possibility of also adding more tracks to assist in running variety ... I have some ideas ...  

The new F/Y looked much better and useable last night Peter, very quick work my friend, where did you learn to change things so quickly? hahhah

• RMweb Gold

The new F/Y looked much better and useable last night Peter, very quick work my friend, where did you learn to change things so quickly? hahhah

I believe I have a tutor who sometimes goes by the name of 'Bodgit"1

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice to meet you Peter at the show you have a great layout there with lots of detail, don't forget the bus on the over bridge, Hopefully I'll get to Cotgrave next month to see it again.

Brian

Brian, someone else said that at our Easter Open Event -"where's the bus?" ... I have looked through my stock and one thing that I do not have is a double decker bus  - my only one is related to the 2012 Olympics which is far too late for the style ...need to do something about that.

Brian, someone else said that at our Easter Open Event -"where's the bus?" ... I have looked through my stock and one thing that I do not have is a double decker bus  - my only one is related to the 2012 Olympics which is far too late for the style ...need to do something about that.

Come on Peter its obligatory to have a bus on a bridge....

• RMweb Gold

George,  Will need one of 'correct' period (the wider range the better - seek your advice).

Modified FY - needs to be attached to layout to check before cutting Seep point steels.

LHS 2-lines - Passenger DMU line to station terminal

RHS - for shunting

Scenic sheet to 'hide FY' left with black at far end.

Cheers, Peter 

Edit - took me ages to get the picture small enough!

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 3