Swad Lane.

Andrew P

Like the road transport Andy.

Did you swap the wheels out on the Morris or is it the weathering that gives them that chunky look?

Cheers Shaun, the vehicles will be for my 1960's Transition layout but I just need to check out the Reg Numbers for the years.

As for the tyre's, they are all original and just weathered a little.

• Like 1

Sorry not been on hear for a long time :nono: :nono: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Where did you get the pigeon from I won't one of them :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:. I love the pic's and the work you are putting into this one, keep up the work.   O good luck on the move. 

Hi Ray, thanks for the good wishes, I'm about to do a post that will be worth a read if you haven't been in the Lunester Lounge this evening.

O.K. Guys and Galls,

We had a call from our Solicitor this afternoon and he has been asked to Exchange Contracts this afternoon for completion next Thursday 22nd.

Later I called the people we are buying the Bungalow from to ask if I could get in with the Electrician for an estimate.

He then informed me that he hadn't even been asked to SIGN CONTRACTS YET. :O :o

His Solicitor is the SAME SOLICITOR that is acting for our buyer :no:

and has asked for Exchange today and Completion next Thursday, 22nd. You couldn't make it up could you, its a real farce.

And the best bit of all is that this WOMAN will want PAYING for her services, hahhahha.

It does make you laugh doesn't it.

NO :no:

I will be putting SL into store at the weekend until the new Potting Shed is ready, I would guess that will be late August / September before I am modelling again so things will be a bit slow on here.

I will try to get some more pics before I wave it a fond farewell for now.

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I have now read the full report by Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da following the reconnaissance Corporal, whatever his name was, done at Swad Lane.

It appears you have workshops with tools. Now we have a problem here at the Duke of Edinburgh’s barracks, or so my Sergeant Major informs me. The Quartermaster, god awful man came up through the ranks, will not allow the men to have the tools on his shelves in his stores. He is telling the men that he cannot have gaps on the shelves when I inspect his stores. Well you can understand how untidy gaps on the shelves look. 

Now with the men not being able to get tools we cannot teach them how to use them. As a consequence Sergeant  Shoutalot is giving them extra drill to occupy their time. He is also giving everyone else ear ache.

Therefore may I ask if I could send my men to your workshops so they can learn to use tools.

I will ensure that Sergeant Shoutalot accompanies the men as to supervise them on your property, and give our ears a break.  

Looking forward to your positive reply,

Yours

Lt. Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

Dear Mr Peters

I have now read the full report by Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da following the reconnaissance Corporal, whatever his name was, done at Swad Lane.

It appears you have workshops with tools. Now we have a problem here at the Duke of Edinburgh’s barracks, or so my Sergeant Major informs me. The Quartermaster, god awful man came up through the ranks, will not allow the men to have the tools on his shelves in his stores. He is telling the men that he cannot have gaps on the shelves when I inspect his stores. Well you can understand how untidy gaps on the shelves look. 

Now with the men not being able to get tools we cannot teach them how to use them. As a consequence Sergeant  Shoutalot is giving them extra drill to occupy their time. He is also giving everyone else ear ache.

Therefore may I ask if I could send my men to your workshops so they can learn to use tools.

I will ensure that Sergeant Shoutalot accompanies the men as to supervise them on your property, and give our ears a break.  

Looking forward to your positive reply,

Yours

Lt. Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

Evening Clive, thank you for your long and somewhat boring letter, (hjahahaha) and after long, painful and sometimes disbelieving study of the aforementioned letter I have considered your request and the answer is

NO

HAHHAHHHaaaaaaaaaeeeeeehhehhehehee :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I have just had Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da and Corporal, whatever his name was, rush in to my office. We seem to have a problem that neither the men can go on leave or take up the kind offer of them learning how to use tools in your workshops. Corporal, whatever his name was, has informed Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da that you and your railway are moving and could be out of action until September?

I am now at a loss what to do with the men. It will mean having plug my ears with cotton wool so I do not hear Sergeant Shoutalot for the next few months. Would you like to borrow Sergeant Shoutalot to have a word or two with the problem solicitor?

All the best with your house move,

Yours

Lt Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

• Like 1

Dear Mr Peters

I have just had Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da and Corporal, whatever his name was, rush in to my office. We seem to have a problem that neither the men can go on leave or take up the kind offer of them learning how to use tools in your workshops. Corporal, whatever his name was, has informed Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da that you and your railway are moving and could be out of action until September?

I am now at a loss what to do with the men. It will mean having plug my ears with cotton wool so I do not hear Sergeant Shoutalot for the next few months. Would you like to borrow Sergeant Shoutalot to have a word or two with the problem solicitor?

Yours

Dear Clive, having had to read though another sorry and somewhat painful tale of woe from you and your army types it gives me great pleasure to say

YES

you can have a word in said Solicitors ear, (please bear in mind that she is a woman) and so you must be careful with the language used to reprimand her, and DEFFINATELY NO SHOUTING.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dear Clive, having had to read though another sorry and somewhat painful tale of woe from you and your army types it gives me great pleasure to say

YES

you can have a word in said Solicitors ear, (please bear in mind that she is a woman) and so you must be careful with the language used to reprimand her, and DEFFINATELY NO SHOUTING.

Dear Mr Peters

I can see a problem with no shouting. There also may be a problem with the language used. Sergeant Shoutalot seems to be fluent in Anglo-Saxon words that most of us would not use in front of the Chaplain. I could order him to not open his mouth, he may find that hard unless he can use his other favourite method of motivating the men. He calls it a “a size ten up the jacksey”.  I have no idea what he means but it seems to work.

By the way would you like some help with your packing. I could send the Quartermaster, god awful man came up through the ranks, to help, he seems to have most the stores very tidily packed.

Hoping a good size ten up the jacksey does the trick.

Yours

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That weathering on  47401 is really very convincing Bodge meister mate.

So here's the deal. You could apply some convincing weathering to Squatches diesel fleet,   Mrs. S. gets your scenics  done and I build her this new walk-in closet/bathroom thing!

All we need to do is figure out how to come over there and have you come stay over here!  

• Like 5

Morning Bodger,  l really love the large logo on the 47s, and yours is a great example of one, no matter how much grime you put on one they still look the part. brings back great  memories of our spotting days at Eastleigh in the late 80s.....

George

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

It seems that we have had a problem with someone leaving the regimental computer on. It looks like the Colonel has had access to it. The Sergeant Major has noticed that someone has clicked the “Indecipherable/Unsure of meaning” button on post number 283. The Colonel does not understand the word “No” as none of us are brave enough to say it to him. As I am busy typing this e-mail to you the Sergeant Major is in the office with the Colonel suggesting that where you say “No” you mean due health and safety reasons. We find mentioning H&S to him puts him in a panic for a couple of weeks, he goes and sulks in his office and gives us all a break.

As for the problem with the QM not loaning the tools to the men my mates Geordie and Scouse who work in the stores have a plan to loan out the tools and then shuffle the remaining ones along the shelf making them look full. Remember bull doings baffles brains.

All the lads here wish you all the best with your move and hope the temporary loan of Sergeant Shoutalot helps. Well it will help our ears.

All the best

Spider Mortimore

• Like 4

Hi and cheers Clive, Shaun and George,

The problem I've found with the Large Logo 47's with the white roof is trying to make them look right. To dirty and they look wrong and to clean and they look wrong.

Some seemed to be cleaned more than others but I'm really not to sure.

I found these few of pics white roofed 47and these are from George's collection.

post-9335-0-01671400-1400176164_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-50670700-1400176319.jpg

post-9335-0-48982900-1400176370_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Dear Mr Peters

Yours

You can borrow our two dobermanns....they are likely to leave a much bigger impression......preferably around the throat!!!!!!!!!

And finally a couple of pics before I shut down for the night.

Hi and cheers Clive, Shaun and George,

The problem I've found with the Large Logo 47's with the white roof is trying to make them look right. To dirty and they look wrong and to clean and they look wrong.

Some seemed to be cleaned more than others but I'm really not to sure.

I found these few of pics white roofed 47and these are from George's collection.

I think the first roof seems similar.

• RMweb Premium

You'll have to stop posting brilliant pics, Andy.  :nono: :nono: :nono:   I think I've just filled up you Notifications box with likes  :O  :O  :O   and the cursor went Doo Lally with the letter from the La de Da with hyphen Poshname fella. :crazy:

Oh, you are stopping - and all's going into summer hibernation.  :lazy:

Peace and quiet from me then. :no:

All the best with the layout house move.

Pollybulk (Can I use that, or is it trademarked TM :laugh:   )

• Like 3

Hello Mate, found a couple of shots of dirty 47s hope they help......wish l could say they were my photos but sorry to say they not, just two of many thousands l have saved over the years for reference...

post-7716-0-78155700-1400185799_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-91175900-1400185828_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 9

I think the first roof seems similar.

Hi Jaz, my Daughter has one as well so that's 3, that should sort the bugge*** out alright.

I agree about the first pic and GT has just posted a couple more that look right.#

Cheers all. regards to kal.

EDIT = as it removed the B word, hhahhaha

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

You'll have to stop posting brilliant pics, Andy.  :nono: :nono: :nono:   I think I've just filled up you Notifications box with likes  :O  :O  :O   and the cursor went Doo Lally with the letter from the La de Da with hyphen Poshname fella. :crazy:

Oh, you are stopping - and all's going into summer hibernation.  :lazy:

Peace and quiet from me then. :no:

All the best with the layout house move.

Pollybulk (Can I use that, or is it trademarked TM :laugh:   )

Having met you on several occasions you could hardly be called BULK, so NO you cant use the Pollybulk name I'm afraid, it would contravene the trade descriptions act. hahhahhhhaaa

More pics tomorrow, Regards to Ray.

Edited by Andrew P

Hello Mate, found a couple of shots of dirty 47s hope they help......

Hi George, thanks for the pics, the top one looks spot on, O want the White / Grey roof to show through but for it also to look dirty.

Cheers for finding them mate.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having met you on several occasions you could hardly be called BULK, so NO you cant use the Pollybulk name I'm afraid, it would contravene the trade descriptions act. hahhahhhhaaa

More pics tomorrow, Regards to Ray.

You obviously haven't seen what I can pack into my handbag model railway exhibition rucksack....  :D :D :D

Look forward to those pics, then.

Pollyfilla

• Like 3

You obviously haven't seen what I can pack into my handbag model railway exhibition rucksack....  :D :D :D

Look forward to those pics, then.

Pollyfilla

Is it a Welsh Leek by any chance?

Or a Cornish Pastie?