Swad Lane.

Andrew P

At last we've had confirmation this afternoon that we have at last Exchanged Contracts and we are moving out next and get the Keys to the Bungalow on Thursday 22nd.

We wont have a phone or internet service until Thursday 29th so no postings for a while after Monday next.

I will post some more pics soon. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if it is worth getting to know your new neighbours and see if you can piggy back off their Internet connection via Wi-Fi for a few days? Presumably if you're a BT customer you have the benefit of Hot Spots (or whatever they call them) anyway.

Congratulations on the house/bungalow front.

• RMweb Gold

At last we've had confirmation this afternoon that we have at last Exchanged Contracts and we are moving out next and get the Keys to the Bungalow on Thursday 22nd.

We wont have a phone or internet service until Thursday 29th so no postings for a while after Monday next.

I will post some more pics soon. 

Fantastic, mate, so pleased for you.

:locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :danced: :danced: :danced:

I wonder if it is worth getting to know your new neighbours and see if you can piggy back off their Internet connection via Wi-Fi for a few days? Presumably if you're a BT customer you have the benefit of Hot Spots (or whatever they call them) anyway.

Congratulations on the house/bungalow front.

Thanks Ray, but I've never been into piggy backing, I a strait sort of guy, hahhah and as for Hot Spots, we have a cooker with a red ring on it, does that count?

I will be far to busy for a few weeks to even worry about the internet I would think, but I will be popping in now and again for a look from my phone.

Cheers and all the best.

Fantastic, mate, so pleased for you.

:locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :danced: :danced: :danced:

Cheers Al, and hope to meet up at a show again soon maybe.

• Like 1

Good news on the house front Andy, looks like it's all come good in the end, if a touch painful along the way. You'll soon have to start another new topic for the potting shed build.

Ray.

Good news on the house front Andy, looks like it's all come good in the end, if a touch painful along the way. You'll soon have to start another new topic for the potting shed build.

Ray.

Cheers Ray, TLGP is now planned as TWO LGP's, one BR / WR and one Midland.

Plus Swad Lane.

• Like 5

Well done at last Andy, you and your good lady must be relieved! Good luck with the dramas to come - we can wait for more modelling inspiration until you're good and ready,

Kind regards mate,

Jock.

Congratulations on the house move hope it all goes well I don't envy you all the work that faces you though ,bungalow fully redecorated and new layout built in three weeks?

Ha hahaha that would be nice, I do have a Husband and Wife decorating company coming in that's come highly recommended, The new Kitchen will be done by mainly by my Step Son and myself, (he's a professional builder), he is also going to under pin the garage, lay the new floor and sort me out with the interior, especially the roof that is causing the most concern.

We may still have to go back to Plan A and demolish the Concrete structure and put up a Timber Shed if its un repairable. 

So a bit more than 3 weeks to get track laid I think, hahha

Cheers.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Good News Andy. It is not a bad time to move get the jobs done over the summer. It will be a lot better for Dee too.

Don

Hi Don, we have thunder storms forecast for Tuesday when Pickford are due to load up for stoage, and again for Thursday when the Garden stuff and conservatory furniture goes to the Bungalow.

Sods law I guess. hhahaa

Thanks again.

Well done at last Andy, you and your good lady must be relieved! Good luck with the dramas to come - we can wait for more modelling inspiration until you're good and ready,

Kind regards mate,

Jock.

Good and ready could mean I'm wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR, hahahha

I will stay in touch.

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

Brilliant News Andy!!

What is it about the Cromptons in revised NSE livery, they do look nice!

Pass on my congratulations to Mrs. P.

Regards Shaun.

Thanks Shaun and the Good Lady says thanks, yes I did like the 33's in NSE and seeing them in and out of Portsmouth was a treat.

Thanks mate.

Morning Andy,   Great news on the house front mate, really pleased for you and Dee.......

George

Cheers George, I'm off to Mike's in the morning to sort out his DCC and Point wiring, no rest for the wicked. hahhaha

Hi Andy,

Been out of touch for a few days so delighted to see your house move has at last been confirmed, no doubt a large sigh of relief could be heard around Swadlincote! Best wishes to you and Dee for a smooth transition.

Having 'speed' read the previous three days postings I see Swad Lane is being sent on a prolonged holiday, this makes me wonder what on earth we are going to discuss on any Bodgit forums! We will all be lost in this transition period ........please hurry up!

Best wishes

Mike

Edited by mike61680

• RMweb Premium

We could always discuss whether we'll have our own layouts finished before Andy restarts on his

I've probably got far less to do on my own layout and no house move to contend with and yet I still reckon he'll finish SL before I get anywhere near finishing mine.

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Been out of touch for a few days so delighted to see your house move has at last been confirmed, no doubt a large sigh of relief could be heard around Swadlincote! Best wishes to you and Dee for a smooth transition.

Having 'speed' read the previous three days postings I see Swad Lane is being sent on a prolonged holiday, this makes me wonder what on earth we are going to discuss on any Bodgit forums! We will all be lost in this transition period ........please hurry up!

Best wishes

Mike

Hi Mike, I will be out of circulation for a few Days with no tinternetty thingey but I'll be watching you and your Good Lady's Grass antics, BTW can she also lay LAWNS, we need one at the Bungalow, hahha.

Yes SL gone on Holiday and will be re erected in its new dwelling in good time, hopefully by Christmas.

It would be nice to get something running this year but its unlikely.

Keep watching, you never know I may surprise you all.

• Like 1

We could always discuss whether we'll have our own layouts finished before Andy restarts on his

I've probably got far less to do on my own layout and no house move to contend with and yet I still reckon he'll finish SL before I get anywhere near finishing mine.

If you were a betting Man Ray I think your money would be safe with you as a clear winner. as I have just said to Ray above, it would be nice to see something running in time for Christmas but its very unlikely, I would hope to have the shed done by the end of the year including the frames for the baseboards and the work bench. I can then start to unpack all he boxes and re pack into the shed cupboards etc. Lots to do and another year older. I think even Jeff will be done before me and Swad Lane already has its track down, hahha.

All the best mate and without me posting, and you replying, you'll have even more time to do some real modelling hahha.

Layout looks lovely Andy, and all the best for the house move.Cheers

Bob

Cheers Bob, its in storage and I hope it doesn't get damaged as our Steve, (you know who I mean, lost wardrobe assembly instructions  mean anything to you?) is a bit OTT and obsessive about his Garage and I had to empty it yesterday so he could get his sofa out to photograph it for e-bay, nuff said. hahhaha. 

Keep smiling, regards to Julie.

• Like 1

Hi Andy, I'm a long time follower of your layouts, but only an occasional poster. Just wanted to wish you all the best with the move and let's hope, given the hiccups in getting to this stage, all goes well.

Cheers

Hi Andy, I'm a long time follower of your layouts, but only an occasional poster. Just wanted to wish you all the best with the move and let's hope, given the hiccups in getting to this stage, all goes well.

Cheers

Cheers Sam, good to see you posting and thanks for your best wishes.

Cheers.