Swad Lane.

Andrew P

At last we've had confirmation this afternoon that we have at last Exchanged Contracts and we are moving out next and get the Keys to the Bungalow on Thursday 22nd.

We wont have a phone or internet service until Thursday 29th so no postings for a while after Monday next.

I will post some more pics soon. 

Only just caught up as been busy tidying the layout, the house for visitors, sons birthday. Finally catching up

So glad you get the property you needed. Hope the move goes smoothly if perhaps a little damp.

I hope the wife has the doctors number in case of withdrawal symptoms!!!

Hope the work on the new home goes smoootly.

Will look forward to seeing you popping in, but most especially return to full throttle once all sorted.

All the best. I understand valium  :jester: ...can help with anxiety.....when the no you can't read or write on the web for a week or so actually hits in........ :butcher:

Do try to take pictures of progress. I am sure plenty of us will be happy to see the in and outs.

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I understand that our metrological department has forecast rain for your move tomorrow. I have given them a strict order for there not to be rain. If there is I am sending Sergeant Shoutalot to give them a "size ten up the jacksey".

Myself, all my officers, NCOs and other ranks wish you all the best with your move. I look forward to when the Royal Signals have restored communications.

Yours

Lt Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

• Like 4

Good luck Andy, it will all be worth the hassle ----- eventually.

Derek

Thanks Derek, its been quite smooth so far, Pickfords were great, punctual, clean, double wrapped everything in White Paper, listed all items in each box.

So far so good.

For those wishing to follow the move and its outcome I will be posting updates in the Lunester Lounge, starting on Page 21, post #5546.

Please enjoy and I will be returning to Swad Lane at some stage, although it may be sooner rather than later as I now have a storage issue with it, that will cause some concerns in the next few days.

It may even need to be stored OUTSIDE and wrapped up or I may just need to move it on rather than have it ruined.

When I bought it we were 90% certain that we weren't going to be moving as all was going very wrong.

Now we have / are its a bit of an issue.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for looking at Swad Lane and I hope to see you all in the Lounge at some point.

• RMweb Premium

Dear Other Sawd Laners

Has anyone heard how Mr Peters is? The Royal Signals seem to be taking a lifetime to restore normal communications with the fellow. The sergeant major enquires if any of you chaps have been in wireless contact with him using one of your walkie talkie devices? Did the Royal Logistics, still cannot get use to calling them by their new name after all those years of being the RCT (Rickshaws, cabs and taxis), deliver his personal belongings to his new quarters safely? We have tried using Sergeant Shoutalot to contact him; I think Mr Peters does not have the necessary volume to reply effectively.

Let us hope all is well and he and his very patient wife are settled in OK.

Yours

• RMweb Gold

Dear Other Sawd Laners

Has anyone heard how Mr Peters is? The Royal Signals seem to be taking a lifetime to restore normal communications with the fellow. The sergeant major enquires if any of you chaps have been in wireless contact with him using one of your walkie talkie devices? Did the Royal Logistics, still cannot get use to calling them by their new name after all those years of being the RCT (Rickshaws, cabs and taxis), deliver his personal belongings to his new quarters safely? We have tried using Sergeant Shoutalot to contact him; I think Mr Peters does not have the necessary volume to reply effectively.

Let us hope all is well and he and his very patient wife are settled in OK.

Yours

Clive,

Andy posted at the weekend in the Lunester Lounge.  He is in and working far too hard by the looks of it.

Edited by ChrisN

• RMweb Premium

Sure do miss his regular posts on here.

I've even had to get on with my layout because I haven't had the excuse to stop and read Andy's posts! I just wish I had a fraction of his skills in the scenery department.

Just paid my first visit to the Lounge and had a gander at the work he has in hand. I see he's already got the holes in the walls for the Underground section of TLGP and that he's even stripped out the wall cladding from one room to use as baseboard material. Does anyone know if he's going to use static grass on top of the turfs in the garden?

• Like 2

Hi all, well I got the Internet back this morning and so this is the first post for just over a week.

Thanks for all the nice comments and support Guys and Gal's.

We have a lot of work to do on the Bungalow, in fact a lot more that we thought so time on here will be restricted to just evenings.

I have also had a quote of a GRAND for demolishing the Garage

post-9335-0-80436500-1401391375_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73698000-1401391383_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02079600-1401391404_thumb.jpg

which is way beyond what I can afford so it will be a long time before I can have a modelling den again.

In light of this and the fact that I cannot store Swad Lane in its current abode after next week I have had to make the decisions to put

Swad Lane

up

FOR SALE.

Please look in the Classifieds for details, its NOT silly money and I don't want to make a profit on it, just to get my money back.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear about the shed dilemma mate; what's the reason for it costing a grand to remove; is that an asbestos roof?

A cheaper way would be to hire a skip and then smash the crap out of the garage with a sledge hammer - fun too.

See you on Saturday or Sunday, whichever day you come to DEMU

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I am glad to see the Royal Signals have at long last managed to reconnect you with the rest of the net. We can now stand down Sergeant Shoutalot and give our ears a rest.

The toy train room does look like it needs the attention of the sappers, would you like me to have a word with their CO. Last time we met he did say that his boys were not getting the live demolition explosive practice these days. My adjutant Captain Nearly Poshname, not a bad chap for a grammar school boy, has suggested that you tie a rope to your neighbour’s car and one of the supporting columns of your garage in the middle of the night. When he drives away to go to work in the morning, he pulls down your garage. You both then can blame the local yobbos.

As for selling the railway does cause a slight problem with having to cancel the chaps leave again.

I am sure you will sort it out soon.

Yours

Lt Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshmane

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about the shed dilemma mate; what's the reason for it costing a grand to remove; is that an asbestos roof?

A cheaper way would be to hire a skip and then smash the crap out of the garage with a sledge hammer - fun too.

Hi Jason, problem is that it requires THREE skips, one for the roof which has to go separate, and the two for the garage due to the overall weight on a Lorry.

C U Sunday mate.

I should think it is due to the cement/asbestos roof sheets as they usually seal all your doors and windows, spray the area with water when dismantling and double bag or wrap the sheets, or at least they do round here. I got a face mask from a builder friend for asbestos and then set about mine with a sprayer bottle and some heavy duty plastic sheets and kept them as intact as possible as recommended, but when I got to the tip I was amazed to find everyone else had just smashed theirs up and put them in two binbags. The old boy who controlled the asbestos skip said that was quite normal and said it was unusual for someone to go to the trouble I did.

So in your case Andy I'd check your councils guidelines, get a good mask or two, remove the sheets and bag up then take a ruddy great hammer to the rest and skip it.

Like a lot of  people I used to cut this stuff up, drill it and fit to houses back in the 70s.

Edited by aberdare
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Andy, if your plan was to put a new one in its place could you not keep the roof stacked on end next to the new one it would be out of sight till you could afford a new one. Then you only need two skips and no asbestos charges.

Andy, if your plan was to put a new one in its place could you not keep the roof stacked on end next to the new one it would be out of sight till you could afford a new one. Then you only need two skips and no asbestos charges.

I must admit that I have three sheets off the last demolition job stored behind my new shed, as long as they aren't drilled or cut they are quite safe sitting there until I get round to disposing of them.

Maybe I'll smash em up and put em binbags one dark night :O  :no:

• Like 1

Thanks Colin, I am going for a top quality timber shed, then fully insulate it and do a proper job.

• Like 2