Swad Lane.

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

George,  Will need one of 'correct' period (the wider range the better - seek your advice.

Modified FY - needs to be putt main layout to check before cutting Seep point steels.

LHS 2-lines - Passenger DMU line to station terminal

RHS - for shunting

Cheers, Peter

post-12576-0-82355600-1459630825_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

George,  Will need one of 'correct' period (the wider range the better - seek your advice.

Modified FY - needs to be putt main layout to check before cutting Seep point steels.

LHS 2-lines - Passenger DMU line to station terminal

RHS - for shunting

Cheers, Peter

Looks better young Peter, but what is Seep point steels please?

• RMweb Gold

Looks better young Peter, but what is Seep point steels please?

The bar that actually goes into the point to move it - couldn't think what it is called - and that will need cutting once I am happy the points work.

The bar that actually goes into the point to move it - couldn't think what it is called - and that will need cutting once I am happy the points work.

You mean the Pin from the Motor mate.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Signal now working - power lead had not been screwed in.

Have now made the cradle useful.  It was the initial idea that it would be the stock store when running but the first effort did not support the layout.  The support has been redesigned to take the place of two trestles.  This means that it will not have to go back to the car once Swad Lane is set up.  Supports are colour coded so hopefully it will go up easily at Cotgrave this weekend - looking forward to it.

Cheers, Peter

post-12576-0-49730000-1460582586_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Swad Lane at Cotgrave ...  (spell check always changes it to "Sad Lane"!).  Cradle in place of two trestles worked well and excellent for stock storage, but it took literally hours to align the two main board tracks and more than a few replacement fishplates so "Sad Lane" may have been a better term at the time  - will need further permanent work for this.  Having said that it ran well on day 1 but I left my camera there so will add some pictures after the event.

Peter

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Swad Lane at Cotgrave ...  (spell check always changes it to "Sad Lane"!).  Cradle in place of two trestles worked well and excellent for stock storage, but it took literally hours to align the two main board tracks and more than a few replacement fishplates so "Sad Lane" may have been a better term at the time  - will need further permanent work for this.  Having said that it ran well on day 1 but I left my camera there so will add some pictures after the event.

Peter

Peter,

What do you use for board alignment?  I have used 8mm metal dowels from Station Road Baseboards.  These seem to do the trick although the coach bolts between boards are still pretty tight.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Peter we do a Club Member who also sell the Alignment Dowels and Over Latches, ask Matt, it will solve any future problems.

This was a relic - some of the rails had come free from the sleepers and this caused the problem.  New rail sections are needed but the bridge is right on the join - as is quite normal  on models sections - so it will be difficult to replace and suitably fix the new rail sections on that side.  I do have some of those dowels ...

The cradle proved to be an excellent stock storer. 

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Peter,

What do you use for board alignment?  I have used 8mm metal dowels from Station Road Baseboards.  These seem to do the trick although the coach bolts between boards are still pretty tight.

Thanks Chris.  I usually use 'normal' dowelling.  The rails had became damaged on these sections and this caused the problem.  Some rail sections need to be replaced for next time.

Peter

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Some pictures 

post-12576-0-87237300-1460925918_thumb.jpg

Everything fitted into the cradle - made it a bit heavy.  Andy P I made sure that your front scene was not damaged via bubble wrap envelope.

post-12576-0-98821000-1460926041_thumb.jpg

Swad Lane as set up at Cotgrave

post-12576-0-26771700-1460926094_thumb.jpg

Mick H loves shunting -  not sure of quality of this one.

Hope it gives an idea. I believe there are better photographs taken by others on the Exhibition site. 

Peter

• Like 11

Hi Guys,

Some pictures 

attachicon.gifCradle plus layout.jpg

Everything fitted into the cradle - made it a bit heavy.  Andy P I made sure that your front scene was not damaged via bubble wrap envelope.

attachicon.gifSL_Setup_Cotgrave.jpg

Swad Lane as set up at Cotgrave

attachicon.gifSLwithMick H.jpg

Mick H loves shunting -  not sure of quality of this one.

Hope it gives an idea. I believe there are better photographs taken by others on the Exhibition site. 

Peter

Nice and compact Peter easy to pack away for shows, very neat indeed well done...

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Swad Lane is at GCR Quorn in place number 54 this weekend - Friday Saturday and Sunday together with a fair number of good layouts and traders.

Spent a fair time at Quorn today setting up Swad Lane.  Electricity took some time to come so had to wait to Hoover up after track cleaning and then do repairs requiring soldering. All save one point worked immediately and faultlessly save one which seemed to work but the Class 20 kept stopping after entering it either way.  Fibre pen and track rubber ineffective - almost wanted to use a 'Birmingham screwdriver' but resisted and used a tiny bladed screwdriver to 'scratch' the inner side of the rail and blade.  Couldn't see any difference but after the next Hoover Len ran the 20 very very slowly and I thought it would stop but no ... it continued and both ways at both very slow and faster speeds.  At last we could go home knowing that everything worked ... hope it is not famous last words!

So guys if you are going to the GCR this weekend please come by.

Cheers, Peter BB

Edit only spelling but noted that the RMclock seems to be registering GMT not summer time!

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, what a day ... good and not so good when my operating partner went off feeling very unwell and some problems caused by the bouncing floor.  Quite different from setting-up yesterday when Les and I found every track and locomotive used worked well.    

Knights to the rescue Andy P and Jeff (Geoff - I have never actually spelt his name but will obviously find out the correct form now) had a play and gave me a chance to eat and have a good look round.  Have Graham with me tomorrow so hopefully it will be easier.  Mick said that he is even worse so will not make it.

Thanks to those who come on RMweb for a look even if not members - one of the other exhibitors asked me how it went following my comments last night.

Peter

• Like 2