Dawlish; through the rectangular window.

• RMweb Gold

Bubblecar on school train, in very weird livery, just gone west. Sorry, didn't have time to capture it and I don't know how to anyway.

P

I would try doing a screen dump (aka 'print screen' button) at the very moment the train passes - might work? Otherwise, I'm none the wiser on that, sorry!

There you go - 1C92 was approaching, so I tried it with that - seems to have worked, just not very sharp, wonder how you can improve on that?

attachicon.gif1C92 on 19-5-14.JPG

I usually try stopping the video at the appropriate shot,

do a screen grab, save on JascPaintshop  photo Album 

by clicking on "edit" and in drop down menu click on "Paste as new image" 

I think that gives a clearer image than doing a screen grab while the cam is running

I think it also seems to depend on the light level

that the webcam has to play with

• RMweb Premium

Thanks 'Chops'. never too old to learn summat new are we not?

Mewstone - that's the one; thanks.

Glad to see you 'over here' by the way, I think we will be having some fun with pics and things but I will keep looking at the 'technical thread'.

Just a thought, is this the place to talk about specials etc? (Not necessarily infrastructure to do with the 'rebuilding programme0?

ATB for now.

Phil

Should be able to, just go down to the bottom of the webcam view where the volume is, it should give you a small list - if HD or a few smaller lines (HD, 432 or 270p) and click onto the HD button.

post-7515-0-09509100-1400616092_thumb.png

post-7515-0-95347300-1400616542_thumb.png

• RMweb Gold

Only just realised there's a night vision attachment on this - watched an up 153 combo & down Voyager (although the headlight on the Voyager had a lot of glare...)

Nice having the sound of the sea in the background while I type :)

I usually try stopping the video at the appropriate shot,

do a screen grab, save on JascPaintshop  photo Album 

by clicking on "edit" and in drop down menu click on "Paste as new image" 

I think that gives a clearer image than doing a screen grab while the cam is running

I think it also seems to depend on the light level

that the webcam has to play with

If I pause the player, there's a ruddy great 'play' arrow in the centre of the picture - how do you avoid this please?

Just a thought, is this the place to talk about specials etc? (Not necessarily infrastructure to do with the 'rebuilding programme0?

ATB for now.

Phil

Why not - it's kind of your baby, you set the parameters (oh dear been reading too many reports again...!)

Pictures of the specials would be good here anyway :)

• RMweb Gold

Class 70 on welded rail train :D - about 20 mins ago:

post-6864-0-65558500-1400704040_thumb.png

(good bit of hooting to the orange infantry members)

post-6864-0-74461700-1400704029_thumb.png

Shown as 605B on Real Time Trains - which doesn't seem like a 'normal' headcode to me, can anyone explain?

• RMweb Gold

I think that 70 went east at tea time?

Anyhow, does anyone know what the blokes are doing with the sea wall ? (I'll ask on the other thread too.)

P

I was stood in full view of the webcam mid-afternoon yesterday, taking a photo which explains exactly what they were doing, Phil (photos to follow) - essentially more repairs to the outer face of the wall...

• RMweb Gold

I think that 70 went east at tea time?

Anyhow, does anyone know what the blokes are doing with the sea wall ? (I'll ask on the other thread too.)

P

This is what they are doing, O Honoured Duck!

post-57-0-88002700-1400756177.jpg

Rebuilding outer masonry wall, which will be supported behind by reinforced concrete.

More photos to be uploaded later.

• RMweb Premium

I'd have been having a kip when CK was working on the pics on the sea wall. Looks like they are doing a grand job. The other evening two manager looking types (slightly heavier build from not digging/ lifting/ pushing/ pulling quite so much, seemed to go and have a little 'inspect' of the work..........no notes appeared to be being taken :mail: .

P

Archived