Dawlish; through the rectangular window.

• RMweb Premium

I wonder how the decision is made for using the bi-directional section from Dawlish Warren to Teignmouth?

A couple of nights ago a late running express (IIRC about 7 mins) was held behind an all stations stopper at the Warren even though there were no trains on the up line.

It then had to stay behind all the way to Newton Abbott and presumably lose more time when it could have easily be sent down the "up" line to Teignmouth where it could have got in front of the local.

Keith

digger going to work, still waiting on 6Z05 Kings Norton OT plant depot to Exeter old yard Waggonersway via Plymouth. what I think is a tamper, its about 2 hours late and has been waiting at Cowley bridge jnc for a good while, I guess its going to do some work here later.

post-27-0-42145800-1401412360_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I wonder how the decision is made for using the bi-directional section from Dawlish Warren to Teignmouth?

A couple of nights ago a late running express (IIRC about 7 mins) was held behind an all stations stopper at the Warren even though there were no trains on the up line.

It then had to stay behind all the way to Newton Abbott and presumably lose more time when it could have easily be sent down the "up" line to Teignmouth where it could have got in front of the local.

Keith

There were some comments about how it was used on the pages about the repairs. From memory wrong line running is used if the train running on that line does not stop before reaching Newton Abbot. 

WNXX are reporting 50007 is going to St Blazey on Friday details

0Z56

Exeter Riverside N.Y. 1532

Exeter St Davids 1535

Dawlish Warren 1544

Dawlish 1545

WNXX are reporting this morning that this working has been cancelled

• RMweb Gold

There were some comments about how it was used on the pages about the repairs. From memory wrong line running is used if the train running on that line does not stop before reaching Newton Abbot. 

The decision to use the Reversible line for regulating traffic rests entirely with the Duty Signaller in Exeter Panel, based on the overall situation, where other trains are, whether the station staff at Dawlish and Teignmouth can accept a train on a different platform (think disabled passengers etc.).

road/rail digger and a wagon with ballast, the red section has gone from the tracker.

attachicon.gifhgfdsv.JPG

Michael,

I dont think that is ballast, looks more like concrete mix to me,

judjing by the lack of slump, its a fairly dry mix

Especially with the wagon being lined with plastic sheet

Not sure if this has been mentioned but, allegedly, the only reason the Class 50 couldn't go down to St Blazey on Friday was due to no conductor driver being available.  This is information from "a friend of a friend", so not sure how reliable it is!

• RMweb Premium

Not sure if this has been mentioned but, allegedly, the only reason the Class 50 couldn't go down to St Blazey on Friday was due to no conductor driver being available.  This is information from "a friend of a friend", so not sure how reliable it is!

I read on another Forum that the Class 50 was now "out of gauge" for Cornwall. Time will tell!

Archived