The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Wow...............

Couldn't see the sandwich doorstop though.

They scan past a tad too quickly to see it, but it's there for sure.

L5gake.jpg

They've got the colours and the 'look' of my bit spot on, I'm seriously impressed.  :D

8fu3UX.jpg

• Like 3

I have to admit to being a bit more than p155ed off with the people at "Locomotion". I contacted them a couple of weeks ago to ask if there were any cancelled orders, they quickly replied to inform me that there was. Yippee thinks me, however after sending further emails as I would like to pay for one to make sure I get one, I cannot get any reply from them, I also rang but to no avail.

To ignore customers is not just bad, it's also very rude!

• RMweb Gold

I have to admit to being a bit more than p155ed off with the people at "Locomotion". I contacted them a couple of weeks ago to ask if there were any cancelled orders, they quickly replied to inform me that there was. Yippee thinks me, however after sending further emails as I would like to pay for one to make sure I get one, I cannot get any reply from them, I also rang but to no avail.

Do bear with them.

They're a tiny outfit. They spent their weekend in Glasgow rather than at home, and Sandra was posting on here at 10:30 last night.... I sense they're busy.

I appreciate the frustration of being so close but not certain of getting one of these, but it's my experience that Sandra is also very efficient - My suspicion is that your name is against one, but you don't yet know that.

I've been saying for a while that there will be some spares available. I have no association with Locomotion; I simply use cold hard maths to tell me. With at least 1000 people on a wait-list for a year and a death rate of around 1%, the law of averages suggests that ten people have sadly died waiting. 

So it could be worse... 

By the way - Post 1630 has her mobile number.....:-)

• Like 2

Please accept my apologies if anyone cannot get through.  It is rather hectic right now.  You can reach me on 3 different numbers - 01388 771413 / 01904 685785 and 07766 785333

• Like 1

When will we be contacted to pay the final balance payment please?

I am waiting for a definite docking/ landing date.  It is just weeks away now but until I know for sure I am hanging back before sending out reminders, just in case.  If you want to pay the balance now that would be brilliant and a help for me but there is no need to just yet.

I emailed Locomotion models a couple of days ago to ask if they had an updated delivery schedule for the DCC ready version but as yet no reply, I did see the finished article at Modelrail Scotland last week and it looks very impressive, I ordered the DCC version but I'm not sorry I never ordered the sound one even although I have a DCC layout because it was out of my price range so it was either the DCC ready version or I'd have to go without. I paid the £175 balance last Monday and although I stay in Scotland I'll drive to locomotion and pick it up, make a day of it and look around the museum.

I paid the £175 balance last Monday and although I stay in Scotland I'll drive to locomotion and pick it up, make a day of it and look around the museum.

And you could compare the model with the real thing right behind you.  :D

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QegCvvVqao

I know its not moving......

I know its on train set curves and I don't like to find fault but has anyone else noticed the large gaps between the coaches/power cars and the articulated joining segments? Certainly big enough for scale passengers if there had been any or technicians to fall out of and highlighted by the lights enabling a view through the gap into the interior.

Maybe not so noticeable if viewed from the inside of the curves as on my own layout, but this is not something I have noticed before in previous photos and videos of the model.

I know its on train set curves and I don't like to find fault but has anyone else noticed the large gaps between the coaches/power cars and the articulated joining segments? Certainly big enough for scale passengers if there had been any or technicians to fall out of and highlighted by the lights enabling a view through the gap into the interior.

Maybe not so noticeable if viewed from the inside of the curves as on my own layout, but this is not something I have noticed before in previous photos and videos of the model.

If you watch the video made at the Scan Party, it was well documented about how "Wide" it'd open up on curves, using a close coupling system and tilt.

Yes, I noticed them. Part of the problem (don’t mention it to Jason or he’ll bend your ears for an hour) is the second radius curves it has been bulit to negotiate. Given that the fairings are solid, I don’t know how else it could have been done.