The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

• RMweb Premium

Please ring me on any of the 3 numbers listed earlier if you need to reach me.  I am getting lots of spam (in the 100s!) at the moment so some email messages are getting lost.  We are trying to remedy the problem as quickly as possible.

Cheers

Sandra

Is it the spam for Mr Tilt's sandwiches?

• Like 1

If I could ask a question for Sandra at Locomotion concerning the delivery schedule, as Brian Greenwoods update doesn't show what models are in the 1st batch by sea, and the 2nd batch by air. Are these only the dcc sound sets and additional cars, as he describes the dcc ready versions as being in the third batch. I thought originally the dcc ready versions would be coming in two shipments, with the first being in one of the early shipments. I've tried to find the original schedule posted here but with 71 pages I had no luck.

If I could ask a question for Sandra at Locomotion concerning the delivery schedule, as Brian Greenwoods update doesn't show what models are in the 1st batch by sea, and the 2nd batch by air. Are these only the dcc sound sets and additional cars, as he describes the dcc ready versions as being in the third batch. I thought originally the dcc ready versions would be coming in two shipments, with the first being in one of the early shipments. I've tried to find the original schedule posted here but with 71 pages I had no luck.

Ok so the plan is..... 

The sound versions are air freighted and the DCC Ready plus trailer cars by sea. There will also be a 3rd batch of the remaining items missed from the first 2 batches.   Also factor in that I will be at Ally Pally show on the 19/20 March and York Show over Easter weekend.  It will take a while to pack and dispatch all the orders but I will get them out as quickly as I am able.  Phew! Easy Peesy! So..no time off for me until April!

As is normal lots of tea and chocolate required to keep us going!  All donations welcome!

• Like 1

Whilst I was chatting to Sandra the other day she explained that there are localised circumstances with regard to the unloading and storage of the products which will unfortunately create an extra workload so I'd ask everyone to bear with Sandra and the team in the flurry of activity to send orders out; I'm sure they'll be working extremely hard at it. I'm sure the team could have done without a mountain of boxes in between two major show weekends but sod's law undoubtedly applies.

I'm sure everyone is eager (me included) to get their hands on what looks to be a very different product but it's probably worth mentioning that it's easier in most cases to pay the balance via LocomotionModels website rather than phoning up. I paid mine that way and couldn't resist adding 'next day' delivery for a little more.

• Like 6

Sandra has 1st hand experience from all those C1s last year. Only the boxes are bigger now, which means more wrapping to do. Multiply that 1500 times.... trying to avoid paper cuts.... sticky tape and the rest. Re-reading the order twice to ensure the items match...

Oh what fun. Been there and done that myself when I worked for the signal box. I wrapped up and sent out 36000 parcels over 5 years.

The positive side is that it only takes me 5 minutes to wrap up the kiddies presents at birthdays and xmas!

• Like 1

Sandra has 1st hand experience from all those C1s last year. Only the boxes are bigger now, which means more wrapping to do. Multiply that 1500 times.... trying to avoid paper cuts.... sticky tape and the rest. Re-reading the order twice to ensure the items match...

Oh what fun. Been there and done that myself when I worked for the signal box. I wrapped up and sent out 36000 parcels over 5 years.

The positive side is that it only takes me 5 minutes to wrap up the kiddies presents at birthdays and xmas!

You make it sound such fun!!

Thanks to Brian for the comprehensive update.  I was amazed just how the unit coped with the test tracks and even more surprised to learn the sound was running on analogue.  Excellent footage for those of us waiting for Felixstowe to pull their collective digits out!

So if the sound works on analogue I'm beginning to wonder if its too late to upgrade to the sound version? But I am worried about all the front end overhang, my main lines are mostly laid with 5 foot curves but do get down to 3 foot in the hidden sections and it would be a pain if it fouled the opposite running line.

Not had an email although I have paid for mine, does the email give any clue to when the models will be available? I have a DCC ready version on order and will be picking it up at locomotion

That's mentioned a page or 2 ago in this thread. There will be 2 DCC sound shipments before the DCC ready ones. It sounds like it will take time to distribute them from Shildon too.

We have waited patiently for long enough for Rapido to get these right (which we all seem to have preferred to them rushing a bad model out). I don't see how a few more weeks is going to make a great deal of difference.

• RMweb Gold

So if the sound works on analogue I'm beginning to wonder if its too late to upgrade to the sound version? But I am worried about all the front end overhang, my main lines are mostly laid with 5 foot curves but do get down to 3 foot in the hidden sections and it would be a pain if it fouled the opposite running line.

See the other APT-E thread. Post No 79 page 4. You should be OK with 3ft radius curves.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/96275-the-latest-apt-e-samples-have-arrived/page-4

Edited by Colin_McLeod

If the "user guide" is like that of the LRC, we are in for an evening's read. I wonder if Jason or Bill has written it?

The LRC was ok, and very funny in places though me being more childish than adult in nature, I would have preferred a few extra pictures and slightly less text.

OK, the APT-E is on the way. Time to support a new tilting model train project.

A Lego APT-P: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/102706

1907143-o_19kujf8jit267rt1ldi1jci1gfjc-f

Admit it. You want one. Yes you do.

Oh dear no! :nono: Negative. Highly undesirable. Turn the wretched thing into a building, The wheels can be satellite dishes. It’s taken a long time but I always thought this sort of thing would happen when we abolished the death penalty. Send the poster to Rockall!

OK, the APT-E is on the way. Time to support a new tilting model train project.

A Lego APT-P: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/102706

1907143-o_19kujf8jit267rt1ldi1jci1gfjc-f

Admit it. You want one. Yes you do.

Note to Jason... We have a leak! Somebody is posting EP prototype shots of our upcoming models without permission. This must be STOPPED!!!! This takes all the wind out of our surprise announcement at York.....  :sarcastichand:

Bill