RMweb

Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

But please please please paint the Post Office red ones and not leave them that ghastly plastic red

This is a family forum please can you not use words like "paint" as it scares the children.

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Glazed? Isn't that the look people have when I do finish something?

Finished?????

Baz

• Funny 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just released by the ever charming Sarah Jarosz, ..................................................................................and it ain't the she blew and she blew song.

Two railway related (sort of) music videos in a couple of days.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

As for Frazer and Jonesy with the impending end of our hobby of toy trains.

We have always had major model railway retailers give up trading, thank you Hattons for all the models you have supplied to me over the years.

Model railway shows have come and gone, thank you to the Warley club for the shows I attended as a punter, a modelling demonstrator on the DEMU stand and as an operator on my mate's layouts. 

We are not doomed or need to get in a panic. Relax and go with the flow as we carry on enjoying our wonderful hobby.

Now let us get back to normality.

Where the (not a RMweb word) 'ell are my Class 25 and Class 11?  I want them yesterday. My life won't be complete without them!!!!!!!!!!

OK what exhibition can we complain about smelly backpack carrying punters, expensive food, long queues, train time tables don't match the show opening times, the wrong sort of traders and as for the car parking, don't get me started?

The Accurascale class 37 box is still to big to fit on the class 37 shelf.

I don't know who started the rumour of me painting something and finishing it. It is a total lie and don't believe anyone who says it is true.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

As for Frazer and Jonesy with the impending end of our hobby of toy trains.

We have always had major model railway retailers give up trading, thank you Hattons for all the models you have supplied to me over the years.

Model railway shows have come and gone, thank you to the Warley club for the shows I attended as a punter, a modelling demonstrator on the DEMU stand and as an operator on my mate's layouts. 

We are not doomed or need to get in a panic. Relax and go with the flow as we carry on enjoying our wonderful hobby.

Now let us get back to normality.

Where the (not a RMweb word) 'ell are my Class 25 and Class 11?  I want them yesterday. My life won't be complete without them!!!!!!!!!!

OK what exhibition can we complain about smelly backpack carrying punters, expensive food, long queues, train time tables don't match the show opening times, the wrong sort of traders and as for the car parking, don't get me started?

The Accurascale class 37 box is still to big to fit on the class 37 shelf.

I don't know who started the rumour of me painting something and finishing it. It is a total lie and don't believe anyone who says it is true.

Just another day in North Lincolnshire...

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I don't know who started the rumour of me painting something and finishing it.

That WOULD be a portent of imminent doom for the hobby!

Edited by ian
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Worth a spin

Really interesting Clive - from the Netherlands I think? You have very good taste in music, particularly where it coincides with mine, as does this one.

Kind regards,

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Been altering a steam loco, a Bachmann rebuilt Patriot into 46170 "British Legion".

The last Royal Scot was built as an experimental loco called Fury. It blew up, so Bill Stanier rebuilt it with a taper boiler. Mr Ivatt (the younger) rebuilt the Royal Scots, some Patriots and 2 Jubilees with a similar boiler. The main visual difference being the position of the top feed. The boiler itself was a tad longer and had a shorter smokebox. I found that out today and said who is going to notice that the smoke box is 3mm too long unless I tell them............whoops. The loco also had strange covers to its steam pipes and a different reversing rod to the other three classes. Like the Patriots and Jubilee rebuilds it had a Stanier cab. My attempt at 46170, still with wrong number. 

002.jpg.3ba82a2b99eaa1df102fc238f3e04c0d.jpg

A Bachy Royal Scot to compare with.

003.jpg.8ee86be8e5f117e6f216f8cefd78a234.jpg

I have, by accident, seven class 7P LMS 4-6-0s, 2 rebuilt Scots, 2 rebuilt Patriots, a rebuilt Jubilee, 46170  and one engine I am not sure if it will be another Patriot or the other Jubilee.

Now to order the name plates.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

Have you found this lot yet, Clive?    The guitarist is faster than his own shadow most of the time:

Great to hear some old fashioned twang and use of tremolo.  The bass player looks better than jet Harris as well...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 01/02/2024 at 19:14, jwealleans said:

Have you found this lot yet, Clive?    The guitarist is faster than his own shadow most of the time:

Hi Jonathan,

Yes. They have been on the radar for some time.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

That nice Mr Sutton sent me another biscuit tin today. Sadly no biscuits in it but a Toy Engine, a very nice toy engine. It runs beautifully.

033.jpg.923f8b58024ed5278685cf94421db4fb.jpg

034.jpg.61cb04408e499665e7b90c6c5c15dd33.jpg

This model railway hobby is getting too expensive, I am going to have to buy loads of biscuits to fill this up.

032.jpg.52e122b1dfe725db7dfd59b8501b9294.jpg

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

I first discovered them when I was going through a Russian rock band phase.  and to answer Jonathan's question about why Lydia gets so much attention, I have no idea.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I first discovered them when I was going through a Russian rock band phase.  and to answer Jonathan's question about why Lydia gets so much attention, I have no idea.

Me neither. Perhaps it's her haircut.

• Funny 3