Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This what refugees sound like.

The girls are Ukrainian refugees, at the moment living in Germany where they have been lucky to still be together and produce music.

By the way I have been doing some modelling on my LNER cut and shuts.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Good to hear. I've done a little for the first time in a few weeks too.

A

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Very sad news. This is one of my favorite songs she sung.

Thanks Clive - very beautiful and both having connections to Ireland, perfectly appropriate.

We go to Dublin for a week in September - I will visit my late father's house in Blackrock, Dublin Bay - I have pictures but I have never visited it.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

The club had a running night last night, some nice stock (even the stuff with the extra "C") was run. Very enjoyable.

A little while ago the Beeb showed that video from 1983(?), side by side and synchronised with the original.  It's amazing how much has changed in the last forty years, Coulsdon North was still open then........

One of my Uni mates had his first job in Rushworths Music Centre in Liverpool.  He knew one of half Man Half Biscuit from that time, when he'd been working on the burger van outside.  You have to admire any band that can record a song called, "****in H*ll, it's Fred Titmus".

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 26/07/2023 at 23:59, Clive Mortimore said:

This what refugees sound like.

The girls are Ukrainian refugees, at the moment living in Germany where they have been lucky to still be together and produce music.

Bloomin Refugees, comin over 'ere, making our bands sound tame and taking all our Audiences AND they can play Power Chords. Pah!

N. Furrage 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I think that is very fair of you Tim giving Mr Furrage another chance. But at least the trains would be on time....

I wonder when the slow slide into a very English Fascism will be arrested, lets at least hope it is.

Kind regards,

Richard B

Edited by 30368
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, 30368 said:

I think that is very fair of you Tim giving Mr Furrage another chance. But at least the trains would be on time....

I wonder when the slow slide into an very English Fascism will be arrested, lets at least hope it is.

Kind regards,

Richard B

Unfortunately, he has a new mission in life and has now set up a new website for all those who have been 'debanked'.

The irony being last time around he was all about Leave and now he is arguing for his right to Remain.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Can I ask that all talk about the "great" Nig on this thread about nothing much, be stopped, please.

He would only travel by train if he could sit in the buffet all journey with a pint he never drinks pontificating to those who hadn't switched off their hearing aids.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Can I ask that all talk about the "great" Nig on this thread about nothing much, be stopped, please.

Will do Clive.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No I mean wear normal type clothes and not dress in costumes. So it isn't me being 

I realised that but it was too good an opportunity to miss.

Besides, if they changed their clobber they'd have to change their name too, wouldn't they?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I realised that but it was too good an opportunity to miss.

Besides, if they changed their clobber they'd have to change their name too, wouldn't they?

Serious head on for a change, I think they now have a big enough following to lose the maid image.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Serious head on for a change, I think they now have a big enough following to lose the maid image.

It's their USP, like a little blue bird for a once popular social media site.

Changing it might affect sales, like I said I think they've sutbley grown up the costumes over the years less anime and more band maid style.

Edited by woodenhead
atrocious spelling again
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 03/08/2023 at 17:57, Clive Mortimore said:

New

I wish they would drop the maid costumes.

I enjoyed that.

Ref the costumes, I'd just see it as part of their image by this point that's part of the overall act, similar to the face paint Kiss used. They are sensible as maid outfits go, it's not like they've been down to Ann Summers for them to try and sell an image instead being talented at their music! (A lot of modern western female pop acts spring to mind there......)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1