Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

But it is a railway video.

There is a plan B....wait till she goes to work.

At least she can go to work...

Andi

• Friendly/supportive 4

9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

But it is a railway video.

There is a plan B....wait till she goes to work.

OR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Do what YOU do on my DCC Sound Diesel Videos,,,,,,,,,,,Turn the Sound off.:D

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

That is song about his baby being in the special baby care unit when it was born. It is a lovely song.

Grandson started life in SCBU.  What I found lovely about the place was that they had life stories of previous babies.  One was less then 2lb when born and they had a photo of him as an RAF apprentice.  A beautiful example of hope for young parents who will be very worried about what the future holds.

Paul.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Like on here Clive.:biggrin_mini:

Looking at what ever the candy striped DMU is as it stops at the station, I can hear the recorded message at Bank central line underground station that use say "Mind the gap" as the doors closed and the train was about to depart. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Looking at what ever the candy striped DMU is as it stops at the station, I can hear the recorded message at Bank central line underground station that use say "Mind the gap" as the doors closed and the train was about to depart. 

A GIANT LEAP for mankind.:o

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Grandson started life in SCBU.  What I found lovely about the place was that they had life stories of previous babies.  One was less then 2lb when born and they had a photo of him as an RAF apprentice.  A beautiful example of hope for young parents who will be very worried about what the future holds.

Paul.

It was similar when our first (son) was in SCBU for most of his first ten days.  There were cards for birthdays of babies born 16/17/18 years earlier. 

The work being done in the unit was incredible and the nurses were lovely with the babies, giving them all pet names.

Our son will be off to study Computing at Uni this year with grades I couldn't have dreamed of at his age.  But when he was picked up in his blanket and whisked off from maternity to SCBU and we couldn't see him until he was settled, that is an hour of my life I never wish to repeat.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

On 09/05/2020 at 22:21, Clive Mortimore said:

What a sh!tty week

RIP Little Richard

Indeed. Only seven times married Jerry Lee Lewis, is the only front liner that remains from a generation that changed the world, rather like the wonderful 69621, still remains as a lone memorial to the way things used to be before the world lost its innocence.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Anyone spot a problem with the diesel loco?

Is that the EM2 with the pantograph?  Perhaps it was to power the starter motor.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

56 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Anyone spot a problem with the diesel loco?

Hi Clive,

The view at 3:48 was the view from the door of the now erstwhile Transport Models of Preston.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

Hi Clive,

Look what I've gone and bought now:

DSCF1028.JPG.1aa961fd72c037202b3f50cdfeb55c65.JPG

As if I haven't got enough bug crates, once I start it I will have only 30 unfinished DMU's vehicles.

I shall do it as Test Car Iris in Red and Blue RTC livery.

https://www.railcar.co.uk/data/vehicle/975010

If I hurry up about it do you think I'll be as young, (if not as good looking), as you by the time I'm finished ?

Gibbo.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

As if I haven't got enough bug crates, once I start it I will have only 30 unfinished DMU's vehicles.

If I hurry up about it do you think I'll be as young, (if not as good looking), as you by the time I'm finished ?

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

Two things, first it should be in green livery as the real one was when it ran between Bedford and Bletchley (after the Buckingham branch closed). Second according to my kids I have never been young or good looking. However my sister (18 years younger than me) thinks I am the younger of her two older brothers, because I act more child like than my slightly younger but slightly more mature brother.

30 unfinished DMUs.....Not sure how many I have, too scared to count.

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

OK peeps,

I have a very old and knackered airbrush with a compressor that is very noisy and vibrates around the room chasing after me. I need to replace them, and I want a spray booth so I can paint indoors and in the winter in the warm.

My old airbrush is a Badger, I am considering another one as I get on with them. Any suggestions for a reasonable priced compressor and a spray booth. I have surfed the interwebthingy and confused myself. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

Two things, first it should be in green livery as the real one was when it ran between Bedford and Bletchley (after the Buckingham branch closed). Second according to my kids I have never been young or good looking. However my sister (18 years younger than me) thinks I am the younger of her two older brothers, because I act more child like than my slightly younger but slightly more mature brother.

Hi Clive,

I tend to find the air quite strange south of Crewe so it's RTC for me. I feel that I must also clarify that 30 unfinished DMU's relates to  each individual car not total units which comes to 13 units plus one half of a Gloucester 100.

Is there a psychological condition that covers such unfinished DMU nonsense I wonder ?

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

On 10/05/2020 at 10:59, Northmoor said:

It was similar when our first (son) was in SCBU for most of his first ten days.  There were cards for birthdays of babies born 16/17/18 years earlier. 

The work being done in the unit was incredible and the nurses were lovely with the babies, giving them all pet names.

Our son will be off to study Computing at Uni this year with grades I couldn't have dreamed of at his age.  But when he was picked up in his blanket and whisked off from maternity to SCBU and we couldn't see him until he was settled, that is an hour of my life I never wish to repeat.

Hi Northmoor,

Here is a strange thing to know about SCBU cots, the mattress' are set at an angle of 5* with the head end uppermost and it is said to assist blood circulation and also renal function.

I set my bed to the same angle and have found that I no longer wake up with lower back pain, I don't get up in the night for a jimmy and as a result sleep soundly for at least eight hours feeling refreshed when I wake in the morning. My blood pressure was 107/68 with a resting heart rate of 58 last time it was checked, with cholesterol and all the other gubbins just where they ought to be. (I didn't have the heart, no pun intended, to tell the quack I eat full fry ups with fried bread done in salted beef dripping when ever I fancy !)

All I did was to place 6" wooden blocks under the legs of the head end of my bed for a trial to see if the effects were as claimed, a month later I sawed 6" off the legs at the foot of the bed and I feel great for it.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 4

41 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

Even if I count my almost-but-not-quite-finished fleet along with the not-quite-started (TM@Gibbo) and not-even-thought-about ones I am not in either of your leagues. 

It is not a source of regret.

I will try harder.:yes:

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

38 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Is there a psychological condition that covers such unfinished DMU nonsense I wonder ?

Gibbo.

Evening Gibbo,

Yes. You're there when you start soldering up cab footsteps for them all. No idea what it's called though.

I am receiving help.:blush:

Martyn.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

17 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

Gibbo.

Looks like they tried to cut the bodysides in the same place as they cut my negative:

1543790940_N63_0001TestCoachIris.jpg.f5ee407b832f2659031606ea55b02257.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Every year I put this wagon on the wishlist.......I am getting very cross that Hornby, Bachmann, Heljan etc are not listening to me. I want one now and it must be able to go round radius 2 curves without taking out all my scenic items.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4