Kernow Beattie Well Tank Announcement

Andy Y

Can we now assume that the DJM knockers ("they still haven't produced anything") will now disappear - or will they just start on someone else who is actually doing something worthwhile (and hopefully profitable).

DJM Knockers? I didn't know they did them - what scale...?

;)

I was in there today!!!! Tho I didn't order one, just sayin. Bought other stuff tho.

You should have said hello :-)

;)

They are my 'moobs' mate, and not a pretty sight. Lol

After 3 days testing, you will be having nightmares Dave! Of Beattie well tanks chasing all over the place like a swarm of ants. Finally they catch and....

I can imagine future box design will be looking at quick release and reload too!

P.S don't forget DCC sound for mine ;-))

Edited by JSpencer

• RMweb Gold

;)

Oh no, now we are back to the google DJ models and see what happens  section of the thread on Daves packagiing again.

But many congratuations on the first model to hit the shops, Looking forwards to the ones I have ordered :locomotive:

good work Dave. I hope you can keep this up once the novelty has worn off … :-p

Any chance of a pic of you in full test mode surrounded by boxes (with Kernow's permission)?

Lol hi mate, why on earth would you want a picture of me testing these Beatties?

Firstly I think it's to print up and use to scare the crows from your crops.

Secondly it might be to print up and use the keep the kids from the cake

Thirdly to throw darts at.

Fourthly that you want to scare the bejesus out of everyone on RMWeb ;-)

Or lastly, because you like a good fright! :-)

Anyway, I think you'd only get a back view ( as apparently there's one on Kernow's facebook page at the moment) with boxes either side of me, slowly going down as I complete 24 models for each box.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Is that the 3 dodgy ones sat in the boxes, next to the half dozen of so radial tanks sat on the filing cabinet..... And is that a 14xx sample behind them ?... Seems to be a couple of variants there ?

The 3 dodgy ones are at the back of my work desk waiting inspection.

What you see on the cabinet are various O2 shots, and some early unfinished deco samples of Beattie well tanks in boxes.

There are also some other manufacturers N gauge items there that were used for photography for Chris's web site.

Nope on a 14xx, sorry.

Cheers

Dave

Lol hi mate, why on earth would you want a picture of me testing these Beatties?

Firstly I think it's to print up and use to scare the crows from your crops.

Secondly it might be to print up and use the keep the kids from the cake

Thirdly to throw darts at.

Fourthly that you want to scare the bejesus out of everyone on RMWeb ;-)

Or lastly, because you like a good fright! :-)

Anyway, I think you'd only get a back view ( as apparently there's one on Kernow's facebook page at the moment) with boxes either side of me, slowly going down as I complete 24 models for each box.

Cheers

Dave

And fifth to e-mail to other manufacturers with a note saying "This is good customer service from a responsible manufacturer" :)

(You wouldn't need to send one to Jason from Rapido as I think he also understands...)

Thanks for all you're doing Dave, much appreciated!

Luke

• RMweb Gold

My two arrived safely this morning, both in pristine condition and very well packed. Really beautiful little models, many many thanks to Chris and the team at Kernow and to Dave for checking them on arrival. I must admit I don't envy Dave having to get each one out of it's foam container to check it. You must love the yellow ribbon!

Very best wishes

Godfrey

• Like 2

My two arrived safely this morning, both in pristine condition and very well packed. Really beautiful little models, many many thanks to Chris and the team at Kernow and to Dave for checking them on arrival. I must admit I don't envy Dave having to get each one out of it's foam container to check it. You must love the yellow ribbon!

Very best wishes

Godfrey

All completed. And even got the 2 ( out of 3) working smoothly.

I did the DCC ones today, and that's a 3 check process...

1) check it works on DC

2) check it works on DCC with decoder out of smoke box

3) check it works with decoder internally and smoke box door fitted.

So took longer than I originally thought but all done and dusted. Yes, the less said about the yellow ribbon the better, but I must say the whole package looks nice ( ribbon included)

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

Mine arrived today, and very nice they are too.

My only quibble (and very minor for me) is the NEM couplings are a tad low so linking up to stock requires some intervention.

Found the free gift with each - Dave's calling card!

These two models shall take pride of place on my shelf... until the J94 comes in...

*EDIT: Seems its just 586's front coupling that is the issue. Should be an easy fix.

Edited by PreservationModeller
  • Like 1

Mine, it will be "take pride and place until the O2s come along". Of which I initially ordered one but boosted it to 2 after seeing the excellent EPs last year.

Looking forwards to my first DJM model arriving soon.

Edited to correct silly errors after drinking too much wine!

Edited by JSpencer