Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

Surprised no one commented on the 2 (1x green, 1x black) locos present on the NRM stand. With differing details as pointed out by the stand member). I'm not in the market for any, but a lovely model.

Stewart

Edited by stewartingram

• RMweb Gold

Very nice.Cant wait for my LNER version to arrive,seems to be the least mentioned of the models. Hopefully that doesn't mean it's still a while away.

There was one in the Bachmann display cabinet and I'm afraid to say I started licking the glass....... :O

I have one on order.......just the one......at the moment......

• RMweb Gold
Seems everyone's got them to show bar the shop that commissioned it ?[/quote

I think it is obvious to all that their release is imminent and will be on the market very soon. The images above are of production samples and were released to the media by Locomotion Models. So your point is?

Guest spet0114

Now that looks very tidily as it should. I can see an opening for an aftermarket part, in the form of a replacement straight conrod for those who promise not to whang it round tight corners...

Or...we could just nip along to Locomotion after hours and bend the rods on the real one........

• Like 3

I have the LNER version on order and that GNR version is looking very tempting.

It will be interesting to see how it compares with my DJH LNER (4444) version when it arrives.

Mark in OZ

I doubt it judging by Mrs Locomotion's previous remarks about the date for the green ones being unknown at present. I'll buy you a consolation cup of tea if I see you though Tony.

Isn't she consorting with partner-firm Bachmann's former enemy in that picture anyway?

Unlikely. I spoke to Locomotion today. The only version currently available is the weathered British Railways livery. The GNR version will probably be next, but in a few weeks time. 

Probably on the same container as the missing LB&SCR E4s

Edited by GNR Dave

• RMweb Premium

I got a bit giddy seeing Great Northern on the box in the photo without peering closely enough to see that what was in the box was black.

Never mind, the giddiness has passed now and I am back in patience/waiting mode.........

Balance paid and looking forward to it whenever it arrives.

Tony

Press Release

post-1-0-58793200-1428055292_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-16432600-1428055294_thumb.jpg

Locomotionmodels.com are pleased to announce that they have just received a very limited number of both the GNR Ivatt Class C1 Atlantics and the British Railways Class C1 (weathered).

Currently, as previously advised locomotionmodels.com will be dispatching both of these models to those who first placed their orders and paid in full.  For those who have just paid a deposit they are being urged to contact locomotionmodels.com either by telephone or preferably via www.locomotionmodels.com website to arrange the payment of the outstanding balance.

As mentioned above locomotionmodels.com currently have a limited number of both, however they are pleased to confirm that further quantities of both the Weathered and GNR models have been produced and are currently in transit with an expected delivery date of the 10th April.

Locomotionmodels.com are currently waiting for a confirmed delivery date for the LNER C1 but have been assured that the pristine British Railways C1 will be delivered on or before the 10th April.

Further information in respect of all deliveries of the Gresley C1 Atlantics together with news on other locomotionmodels.com exclusives can be seen on  www.locomotionmodels.com

post-1-0-48396300-1428055295_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-54555000-1428055297_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Typically, mine will be the last livery to arrive, as was the case with the 64xx and will be for the E4 (heritage line I'm building in the attic). Never mind, another few weeks won't matter :)

As has been drawn to my attention elsewhere, the press release refers to GNR GRESLEY Atlantics!?!?!

H. A. Ivatt will be turning in his grave.

If only it were true and they'd been slyly working on 279 in four-cylinder rebuilt form.

Edited by gr.king

The first batch of 300 turned up this morning more are due next week. We have shipped in accordance with when the order was placed, as long as it's paid up. Not sure if they deliver on a Saturday so they should arrive Tuesday, with others following on all week.

We are at york show this weekend so I won't get many more done now until Tuesday. We will get them posted as quickly as possible.

All black weathered have been dispatched.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Getting giddy again.........

Many thanks for the message and I will be looking forward to York with even more enthusiasm than usual......

Superb service!

Tony

• Like 1