RMweb

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a walk to the top of Roseberry Topping today, and stopped for well-earned beer & food at a pub at the bottom afterwards.(The King's Head in Newton-under-Roseberry).

Food was great, as was this brew. Love the name too...

20230831_211744.jpg.8319cbbb0c02cd6f3d1c7f8290d10b24.jpg

Mark

• Like 6

Out for lunch to wet my new grand-daughters head, let SiL get a round and should have known better. Asked for a Pink Gin and received a HUGE balloon containing enough ice for all of us and what might best be described as a fruit alco-pop. Rather disgusting but not really the time or place...

Stopped at Tesco on the way back, bought some own-brand gin, 35cl for £6.80. Currently soothing my outraged palate with g&t with proper bitters and slice of lemon over 2 ice cubes while cooking dinner.... not bad at the price 

Edited by rockershovel
  • Like 4

On 03/09/2023 at 18:05, rockershovel said:

Out for lunch to wet my new grand-daughters head, let SiL get a round and should have known better. Asked for a Pink Gin and received a HUGE balloon containing enough ice for all of us and what might best be described as a fruit alco-pop. Rather disgusting but not really the time or place...

Stopped at Tesco on the way back, bought some own-brand gin, 35cl for £6.80. Currently soothing my outraged palate with g&t with proper bitters and slice of lemon over 2 ice cubes while cooking dinner.... not bad at the price 

In my opinion. Gin of whatever flavour is discusting, much prefer a decent Ale or a strong Vodka with a bit of ice.

• Like 2

On 12/09/2023 at 08:49, andytrains said:

In my opinion. Gin of whatever flavour is discusting, much prefer a decent Ale or a strong Vodka with a bit of ice.

I drank quite a lot of vodka during my wanderings in the FSU... but I find it is best drunk in the Russian style, chilled in a chilled glass. Ice just dilutes it, but cranberry juice as a side goes very well. 

I've gone off it a bit now, though. Gin is the perfect hot-weather drink, that or cider. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

Running early heading to the Wakefield MRS 60th show this weekend where we are showing Harkness. Popped into Harry’s on Westgate.

IMG_6342.jpeg.0ae703f8b9cc38a7e83aa3836a4204d4.jpeg

Our favourite pub when in Wakey. That brew looks rather good and is making me thirsty but must resist as its the Bermondsey beer mile for us tomorrow.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

ICE !? 

Fine for that Jack Daniels stuff or other colonial muck but really not for single malt.

Ice dulls the smell and the taste of a good malt.

If you feel the need, a little spring water is better. Avoid tap water with it's additives. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
On 07/10/2023 at 03:58, NHY 581 said:

ICE !? 

Fine for that Jack Daniels stuff or other colonial muck but really not for single malt.

Ice dulls the smell and the taste of a good malt.

If you feel the need, a little spring water is better. Avoid tap water with it's additives. 

Rob. 

I should conserve the water and drink straight from the bottle then.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, OnTheBranchline said:

I should conserve the water and drink straight from the bottle then.

Er.......nope........

Nice tumbler so as to take in the aroma. 

As per your image without the icebergs. 

Rob

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...