Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a walk to the top of Roseberry Topping today, and stopped for well-earned beer & food at a pub at the bottom afterwards.(The King's Head in Newton-under-Roseberry).

Food was great, as was this brew. Love the name too...

20230831_211744.jpg.8319cbbb0c02cd6f3d1c7f8290d10b24.jpg

Mark

• Like 6

Out for lunch to wet my new grand-daughters head, let SiL get a round and should have known better. Asked for a Pink Gin and received a HUGE balloon containing enough ice for all of us and what might best be described as a fruit alco-pop. Rather disgusting but not really the time or place...

Stopped at Tesco on the way back, bought some own-brand gin, 35cl for £6.80. Currently soothing my outraged palate with g&t with proper bitters and slice of lemon over 2 ice cubes while cooking dinner.... not bad at the price 

Edited by rockershovel
  • Like 4

On 03/09/2023 at 18:05, rockershovel said:

Out for lunch to wet my new grand-daughters head, let SiL get a round and should have known better. Asked for a Pink Gin and received a HUGE balloon containing enough ice for all of us and what might best be described as a fruit alco-pop. Rather disgusting but not really the time or place...

Stopped at Tesco on the way back, bought some own-brand gin, 35cl for £6.80. Currently soothing my outraged palate with g&t with proper bitters and slice of lemon over 2 ice cubes while cooking dinner.... not bad at the price 

In my opinion. Gin of whatever flavour is discusting, much prefer a decent Ale or a strong Vodka with a bit of ice.

• Like 2

On 12/09/2023 at 08:49, andytrains said:

In my opinion. Gin of whatever flavour is discusting, much prefer a decent Ale or a strong Vodka with a bit of ice.

I drank quite a lot of vodka during my wanderings in the FSU... but I find it is best drunk in the Russian style, chilled in a chilled glass. Ice just dilutes it, but cranberry juice as a side goes very well. 

I've gone off it a bit now, though. Gin is the perfect hot-weather drink, that or cider. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

Running early heading to the Wakefield MRS 60th show this weekend where we are showing Harkness. Popped into Harry’s on Westgate.

IMG_6342.jpeg.0ae703f8b9cc38a7e83aa3836a4204d4.jpeg

Our favourite pub when in Wakey. That brew looks rather good and is making me thirsty but must resist as its the Bermondsey beer mile for us tomorrow.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

ICE !? 

Fine for that Jack Daniels stuff or other colonial muck but really not for single malt.

Ice dulls the smell and the taste of a good malt.

If you feel the need, a little spring water is better. Avoid tap water with it's additives. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
On 07/10/2023 at 03:58, NHY 581 said:

ICE !? 

Fine for that Jack Daniels stuff or other colonial muck but really not for single malt.

Ice dulls the smell and the taste of a good malt.

If you feel the need, a little spring water is better. Avoid tap water with it's additives. 

Rob. 

I should conserve the water and drink straight from the bottle then.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, OnTheBranchline said:

I should conserve the water and drink straight from the bottle then.

Er.......nope........

Nice tumbler so as to take in the aroma. 

As per your image without the icebergs. 

Rob

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...