The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

Having a Leffe Blonde my lovely wife bought for me I will go into the shed and self isolate until the large bottle is empty.... 

49673936422_62c7a39ba3_b.jpg20200318_185806 

Not jealous. Not at all. 

Well maybe a little.

Ok then, green with envy.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, 88D said:

I wonder how many microbreweries will survive CV19? Or even my local! I’m going to get beers in to try and keep them running.

Same here. It’s club night tonight for me but on the way home I’ll pop in to Morrisons and buy a bottle of ale or two. Am tempted by Hooky for some reason but Purity are just up the road from me, and they’ve introduced a ‘drive thru’. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Purityale/status/1240257918919938049

• Like 4

On 19/03/2020 at 19:13, SVRlad said:

Same here. It’s club night tonight for me but on the way home I’ll pop in to Morrisons and buy a bottle of ale or two. Am tempted by Hooky for some reason but Purity are just up the road from me, and they’ve introduced a ‘drive thru’. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Purityale/status/1240257918919938049

I hope the others show the same degree of forward thinking a la Purity. I must admit that tonight’s news is akin to losing the stitching of civilisation that binds us together. Think I’ll have a drink!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, 88D said:

I hope the others show the same degree of forward thinking a la Purity. I must admit that tonight’s news is akin to losing the stitching of civilisation that binds us together. Think I’ll have a drink!

Absolutely. This evening Purity announced a new product called ‘Pure Pub Experience’ - essentially, nine bottles of their bottled beers, two packets of Pipers crisps and a half pint stem glass all for £24.

After club finished last night, I secured a bottle of Hooky Gold from Morrisons on the way home. It’s a very nice crisp golden ale. But that’s only half of the story - when I looked at the back label, it said how if I was in Southern Australia or the Northern Territories then I could claim a 10 cents refund if I returned the empty bottle to the supermarket. In short, I might well have consumed a beer in Worcestershire that was brewed in Oxfordshire but bottled in Australia! 

6899BB60-0322-40AF-B533-7A7B2406AF8F.jpeg

9B312C29-6A41-4C1A-91F3-C3EA5B0F8670.jpeg

• Like 5

I have only very recently started drinking again after stopping at the end of last year...put all my bottle stash/haul out of sight in a cupboard and more or less forgot about it for a couple of months.

I didn't stop buying though, and with the cupboard at saturation point finally relented last weekend and have been chugging through a collection of mostly biggish imperial stouts...the BD Off Duty King seen below being a fairly hefty 13.2% barrel aged job which gave a good hour of sipping pleasure.

Though I've plenty of single malts to hand thoughts have recently turned to rum too, and the purchase of a pair with some novelty factor...the Rumbullion chilli & chocolate is fairly self explanatory while the HMS Victory rum is at full navy strength and was matured in casks containing elements of wood recovered from the ship during restoration...daft I know but not overly expensive as it might be.

**It looks as though the supermarket bogroll vultures are turning to booze now the pubs are forced shut...a good time to consider being a non-drinker for longer perhaps?

ODK.jpg

R.jpg

• Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 23:13, 43110andyb said:

After another hard fought 5-a-side game (seems every game is as I get older) from the Saltaire brewery- Saltaire Best 4.4% bitter for tonight’s post match beers. Very nice!

BA810E3E-A439-4A9A-99F4-8559AA1C5621.jpeg

I followed your lead tonight and I’m currently enjoying one. It’s very nice and had a rather nutty aroma. 

8523F928-7DF4-47C6-A371-0C947235F82D.jpeg

• Like 2

Tonight’s tipple:

oatmeal stout from Sam Smiths and Tonkoko stout from Brew York.

both obtained by mail order direct from brewery.

sam Smiths Imperial stout is a cheeky little surprise too. Strong but deadly as smooth and tasty.

EE874A45-6E79-430C-8329-CA25BE5BBD75.jpeg.bdf87a4cdcf2253dfe4bad296a208fb2.jpeg

My local craft breweries have kept me entertained this week too with On tap - Beechwood Bitter & Columbia’s Coffee Porter from Chiltern Brewery 

EE874A45-6E79-430C-8329-CA25BE5BBD75.jpeg

Edited by black and decker boy
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, 43110andyb said:

:help: My worry is that the panic buyers of the 24 cases of lager run out and get a taste for real ale! The beer and cider aisle had been stripped bare yesterday apart from the craft & real ale sections!

There seem to be quite a few microbreweries offering drive-thru services now and many breweries will deliver too

• Like 2

On 22/03/2020 at 00:20, 43110andyb said:

:help: My worry is that the panic buyers of the 24 cases of lager run out and get a taste for real ale! The beer and cider aisle had been stripped bare yesterday apart from the craft & real ale sections!

You may well be right - in Morrisons this afternoon there was a notice saying that sales of bottles of beer and cider were restricted to three per customer. I got a Pure UBU, Hooky Gold and Golden Sheep - the latter of which I’m looking forward to try.

• Informative/Useful 2