The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

52 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

18%! Not so much Monster as Raving Looney.

Go big or go home. In this case go big and stay home. It was dangerous as it drank more like a 7 or 8% beer. 

• Like 2

On 28/03/2020 at 20:34, 43110andyb said:

12%!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wowsers! 

On 30/03/2020 at 13:18, 43110andyb said:

I thought the 12% strength the other day was strong but 14% Double wowser! Looks like you could stand a spoon up in that! Would love a try mind!

On 30/03/2020 at 22:34, 43110andyb said:

It’s like an auction! Any advance on 14.5% 

5 hours ago, AndrewC said:

It’s been a strange week. Just got this in my latest order. Yummmmmm. 
4174440C-5994-4E36-B133-F6E4C83A0F4F.jpeg.9f4f6069755874a5cb7c947561ff7f77.jpeg

And the winning bid is........going once...........going twice...............?????????? Surely???????????

19 hours ago, 43110andyb said:

And the winning bid is........going once...........going twice...............?????????? Surely???????????

Only because Het Uiltje’s Old Enough to Drink a 21% bock became infected and had to be drain poured. Disappointed it wasn’t in the order. Now with Borefts in Sept cancelled I won’t get any of de Molen’s 25.1% Bommen & Granaten double Ijsbock either. Maybe BrewDog will bring back Sink the Bismarck. That was 41% and the second strongest I’ve ever had. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 21/04/2020 at 15:34, Indomitable026 said:

I think it’s a great place, not the cheapest but a big selection of beers and a good astmosphere. It depends what you like - preferences can be very personal...

York Tap

I would be perfectly happy just with their selection of Timothy Taylor ales.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Currently drinking........

Taylor's of Harrogate - Yorkshre Tea.

Sorry! :mosking:

And I’m on Glengettie, blended for Welsh water, but drinking it in Yorkshire. Shall be moving onto my just-delivered Stod Gold at about 9 o’clock.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Currently drinking........

Taylor's of Harrogate - Yorkshre Tea.

Sorry! :mosking:

In recompense, I've just enjoyed a bottle of Wychwood Firecatcher; a safely drinkable (3.5% iirc) golden/pale ale, and what's more only a quid a bottle at the local supermarket; now that does appeal to my Yorkshire genes :D

• Like 4

I managed to get this delivered from an online order. 

https://www.cideronline.com/online-shop/cider/draught-ciders/20-litre-bag-in-a-box/_product/62/20-litre-bag-in-a-box-ross-oak-cask-cider/

An acquired taste, possibly, but this might be due to the whisky barrel maturation (is that a word?). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

In recompense, I've just enjoyed a bottle of Wychwood Firecatcher; a safely drinkable (3.5% iirc) golden/pale ale, and what's more only a quid a bottle at the local supermarket; now that does appeal to my Yorkshire genes :D

Problem is you would have to drink at least  ten pints to be equal to that  lev el. hic!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Thanks for signposting that one. Just picked up a couple while shopping and just opened the first. Very nice.

Midday news reported a 30% increase in alcohol sales since lockdown.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

And I've just opened a bottle of Landlord. 

I've always been a big fan. Back in the early 70s/80s in the era of Merrymaker trips, we went on an excursion to the KWVR. But we first went to a pub overlooking the railway that served the whole range of Taylor beers (only a few of their pubs did all of the range). We settled for watching the trains from the pub.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

IMHO, I treat BBE dates as guidance, more so with beer :)

If it gives you a headache it's OK

If it gives you the runs it's  not !!!

Brit15

• Funny 5