Hi Paul. I've been looking at the Wheel puller, do you know the diameter of the pin that pushes the axel out, it looks a bit big in the listing photo? I'm guessing most OO Gauge axels are 2/2.5 ml in diameter.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Hi Paul. I've been looking at the Wheel puller, do you know the diameter of the pin that pushes the axel out, it looks a bit big in the listing photo? I'm guessing most OO Gauge axels are 2/2.5 ml in diameter.  

"Generally" speaking the pin is usually 2mm diameter as the primary use for these is as a gear puller, not a wheel puller/pusher, but a quick spin in a drill (or lathe if you're posh) and dressing with a file will take enough off to allow it not to interfere, and as Paul knows, there are fixtures and fittings which some of us use to make the job easier, less destructive and more accurate!

Mike.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, sb67 said:

Evening mate I think Mike had answered that better then I can, he’s pretty good at these kind of things, I’ve been picking his brains for months 😂

Paul

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

"Generally" speaking the pin is usually 2mm diameter as the primary use for these is as a gear puller, not a wheel puller/pusher, but a quick spin in a drill (or lathe if you're posh) and dressing with a file will take enough off to allow it not to interfere, and as Paul knows, there are fixtures and fittings which some of us use to make the job easier, less destructive and more accurate!

Mike.

Thank you 👍

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, scottystitch said:

Is it a rag doll?

Looks like but no blue eyes?

Best

Scott

Hi Scott yes she’s a rag doll, she has got blue eyes they just don’t show up very well on the pics, just tried to get a better pic but she’s a bit playful at the moment 😂

IMG_5372.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Finally a bit of track building today, I had four pairs of blades to make so made them up today and got the chairs threaded on two pairs.  Also took the opportunity to take some pics of the ballast in the sun. 

Paul

IMG_5370.jpeg

IMG_5363.jpeg

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5365.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

IMG_5367.jpeg

IMG_5368.jpeg

IMG_5369.jpeg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul.  

Yes I see the blue now, beautiful wee thing.

We have a  British Short hair, similar colouring, but they are quite standoffish, not really keen on snuggling.  I understand the Ragdolls are more couthie and like a lap to curl up on.

I hope she brings you many years of happiness!

Anyway, back to the railway...

Best

Scott.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

Hi Paul.  

Yes I see the blue now, beautiful wee thing.

We have a  British Short hair, similar colouring, but they are quite standoffish, not really keen on snuggling.  I understand the Ragdolls are more couthie and like a lap to curl up on.

I hope she brings you many years of happiness!

Anyway, back to the railway...

Best

Scott.

Thanks Scott she definitely loves cuddles, plays then just flops onto to you, she looks a lot smaller in real life to.

Thanks Scott she definitely loves cuddles, plays then just flops onto to you, she looks a lot smaller in real life to.

Paul 

IMG_5356.jpeg

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Dmudriver said:

Love the Liverpool buses, Paul.  Takes me right back in time.  Where did you get them from?

Don't remember route 99, tho' I do (did!!) know Smithdown Road: where did it run from?

Rod

Thanks Rod the buses are just various ones I’ve found on eBay, I’m not very well up

on buses although I’ve got very fond memories of Atlanteans on the 28,29 and 55 route as I grew up in Litherland.  As for the routes I’m not sure but there’s a few fellas in work who are into their buses and own a few so I’ll ask next time I see them.

We actually had the ‘Dulux’ bus at our wedding so I had to get that when I seen it.  I just need to learn how to weather these and add interior lights etc.

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, PjKing1 said:

Thanks Rod the buses are just various ones I’ve found on eBay, I’m not very well up

on buses although I’ve got very fond memories of Atlanteans on the 28,29 and 55 route as I grew up in Litherland.  As for the routes I’m not sure but there’s a few fellas in work who are into their buses and own a few so I’ll ask next time I see them.

We actually had the ‘Dulux’ bus at our wedding so I had to get that when I seen it.  I just need to learn how to weather these and add interior lights etc.

Paul

whoop whoop alert!!!

Bus on bridge overload 😀

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

whoop whoop alert!!!

Bus on bridge overload 😀

I can do better than that Phil wait until I get home from walking the dog 😉🤭

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

What a lovely looking cat lots of loving and fun to come whats name? 

Thanks very much her name us Snow Belle she just wants cuddles all the time 😂 

Can’t see much modelling getting done today 🤦🏻‍♂️

Paul

IMG_5606.jpeg

IMG_5607.jpeg

IMG_5608.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Lovely puddy tat. Beware of interference with OHLE!

Oh I know she’s already been showing interest in ELJ 🙄

Edited by PjKing1

• RMweb Gold

Managed to get one point compete, I was hoping for more to be done but had a pike of ironing and other chores to do 🙄 I’ve also done a short update video with a little bit if bonus footage of some Merseyrail action from this mornings walk 

Paul

IMG_5611.jpeg

IMG_5613.jpeg

IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5615.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Finally a bit of progress, second point nearly complete, just need tie bars and slide chairs, and a plonked Peak fir good measure 😉

Paul

IMG_5876.jpeg

IMG_5877.jpeg

IMG_5878.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5875.jpeg

IMG_5884.jpeg

IMG_5886.jpeg

IMG_5887.jpeg

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1