Barnstaple Model Railway Show 25th July 2015

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to say many thanks for the comments recieved, very much appreciated.

Each year we attempt to bring a good selection of layouts in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We do find that the venue works well for use and the main church is a lovely space. We added a third room this year, but due a slight miscacluation on my part, could only fit Oakley Green and one other layout! We had a bit of a juggle elsewhere also, but everything fitted, which is the main thing.

Our visitor numbers were also up on last year and each year we've seen a steady increase. Word is spreading! All the rooms were busy most of the day and the usual drop off in the afternoon was not so bad as previous years. This was the time when more of the families came through.

Many thanks to all the layout builders / owners / operators for coming along.

I'll post a few photos later.

Now to start planning next year .....

Just got back home after a miserable drive in the rain but managed to get the car unpacked in the dry. Many thanks to Richard and the team for the invitation and for organising a most enjoyable day and evening. The layout seemed to be well received and managed to work well despite the 'complexity' of the layout, sadly there are only so many things you can do in 6 feet with 0 Gauge but hopefully people weren't too bored with its limited action. It was also good to catch up with old friends and to meet new ones.

Rob

It looks as if Ian, Phil and Steve had a good day on Ruan yesterday.

We had a great day at Barnstaple yesterday thank you and received some good comments about Ruan.

There were some great layouts on show including Peafore Yard, Hounslow Sidings and Oakley Green.

Thanks must go to Richard and the Barnstaple lads for organizing a excellent show again this year and the ladies in the kitchen for keeping us fed and watered throughout the day.

Looking forward to next years show.

E

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting the pictures, Richard; just serves to show what I missed (still annoyed).

What layout is in pictures 14 & 15 please? Obviously based on Iain Rice's "Elan" plan but very nicely done.

I think you are referring to Polpendra by Simon

see here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/43113-polpendra-cornish-branch-in-n-1958-62/

Don

• RMweb Gold

Just got back home after a miserable drive in the rain but managed to get the car unpacked in the dry. Many thanks to Richard and the team for the invitation and for organising a most enjoyable day and evening. The layout seemed to be well received and managed to work well despite the 'complexity' of the layout, sadly there are only so many things you can do in 6 feet with 0 Gauge but hopefully people weren't too bored with its limited action. It was also good to catch up with old friends and to meet new ones.

Rob

I enjoyed just looking it is so atmospheric.

Don

I really enjoyed yesterdays show, it is a lovely venue and the team were very welcoming. The Bacon baps were well received in the morning and nice to get so many positive comments from the public. Big thanks to Richard and Ray and the team for inviting Peafore Yard down and organising an excellent show, the quality of the layouts was excellent. Here are a few of my photos:

Polpendra, I really liked this one, it had a spacious feel for a layout in such a small space

post-7400-0-71086000-1437925653_thumb.jpg

Diesels in the Duchy (including a class 37 going for an early morning swim)

post-7400-0-86122800-1437925787_thumb.jpg

post-7400-0-14014700-1437925802_thumb.jpg

post-7400-0-35096900-1437925817_thumb.jpg

post-7400-0-89211400-1437925830_thumb.jpg

Morning jolliness as the DITD team rewrite the BCB sign

post-7400-0-10616400-1437925874_thumb.jpg

The lantern windows in the roof of the venue created a very atmospheric dusk light on Peafore Yard

post-7400-0-85326100-1437925943_thumb.jpg

post-7400-0-50500600-1437925964_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to Richard and all those that organized such a great event, as always. It was a real pleasure to meet so many people/customers. Some I can remember from previous years.

Car is still packed and can wait until tomorrow to be sorted out, too tired as it was a long day.

Many thanks and glad to be invited back next year.

Good to meet you too Rob, enjoyed your layout:

attachicon.gifrps20150726_084319.jpg

Apologies for John, he's not let out much.

Rained all the way home, miserable weather.

It was good to meet you all and we enjoyed our evening. I don't think you need to apologise for John, he really deserves an apology from my other half for her comments, not that he is likely to get one.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

It was good to meet you all and we enjoyed our evening. I don't think you need to apologise for John, he really deserves an apology from my other half for her comments, not that he is likely to get one.

Rob

It was fantastic just to see John lost for words - very funny!

• RMweb Gold

We could tell you but we might have to kill you afterwards.

Its one of those incidents that is best to discuss next time we see you, (a) to save OG any more embrasment and (b) not something we want to discuss openly (nothing oneorous I must add and actually fairly minimal and as the saying goes no harm / no foul). or is that fowl, knowing OG's likeing for chicken meals ......

• RMweb Gold

We had a post show discussion last night at the club. We all agreed that the third hall worked well and will keep for next year. We will be making a few tweaks for next year, but basically similar format for next year.

We appreciate all the comments both here and on the door as visitors were leaving.

Back next year - Saturday 30th July 2016

Archived