Barnstaple Model Railway Show 25th July 2015

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

The Atlantic Highway has been an absolute pig today Heavy rain all day and round by Harland point it was like dense fog. We were crawling behind a caravan from Wainhouse corner till he pulled into a layby just before the bridge at Bideford. Our motorhome is much easier to pass than a caravan but we still pull over and let people by.

BTW Porlock Hill is a good test of how well the layout has been stowed especially coming down. Personally I recommend the lorry route via Exford and Simonsbath in summer it avoids locking horns with the coaches round by Watersmeet.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Sadly my wife's schedule has changed* so I'm not going to be able to attend, unless I can persuade kids to tag along (one would like it, the other not). Real pity as I'd love to see DitD and Peafore Yard. Hope you all have a good day anyway, roll on next year.

*"fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more" as Blackadder said :(

Hope all driving down tonight got down there ok, traffic sounded a pig on the travel news and my journey from Eastleigh to home was a pig. Layout ready to go, look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

Going to be a good show and a good line up, will down there myself.

Darren

I should hope so....

I'm all loaded up ready for an early start.

Cheers,

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

We made the train out of Paddington by the skin of our teeth with flooding of the underground.

Rain has stopped her in Exeter and now supping Doom Bar in Exton.

Rail tickets bought for the ride up to Barnstaple in the morning.

• RMweb Gold

Not long back home.

Off to the pub shortly !

Many thanks for everyones' hard work today, very much appreciated.

Also thanks to the various exhibitors and we had quite a few good comments from the visitors, which is great to hear.

We will be back next year.

Finally, the visitor numbers are up from last year.

Cracking friendly exhibition, as I mentioned elsewhere earlier, you Barnstaple guys have certainly 'up't the anti' this year with the layouts.

Well worth the visit, meeting old and new, putting names to faces etc, a big thanks to you guys for organising it, great day out.......well, except no bacon butties left !!!!!! Humph! :)

Well done to Richard and the Barnstable guys for putting on a great show really well worth the trip from Dorset first time here great layouts I also missed the bacon buttes but the burger and slice of cake made up for it well done ladies.

Thanks again for a great day

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Back home from a brilliant Barnstaple show, a cracking good day all round.  Great show, lots of visitors, Charmouth was very well received by all and performed well.  Bit of an issue at the fiddle yard entrance, but nothing I can't sort.

Many thanks to Richard Mudmagnet, Ray Norwood, and all the organising team for such an excellent show.

Special mention must go to Jo and Kay (Mrs Mudmagnet and Mrs Raynorwood) for slaving away in the kitchen, keeping us exhibitors supplied with Bacon Baps, burgers, home-made cakes and endless cups of tea.

Already looking forward to next year!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Back home from a brilliant Barnstaple show, a cracking good day all round.  Great show, lots of visitors, Charmouth was very well received by all and performed well.  Bit of an issue at the fiddle yard entrance, but nothing I can't sort.

Many thanks to Richard Mudmagnet, Ray Norwood, and all the organising team for such an excellent show.

Special mention must go to Jo and Kay (Mrs Mudmagnet and Mrs Raynorwood) for slaving away in the kitchen, keeping us exhibitors supplied with Bacon Baps, burgers, home-made cakes and endless cups of tea.

Already looking forward to next year!

Dave.

I love your sound system. So easy to programme!!

• RMweb Gold

Big thanks to Richard & the team for an excellent day in Barnstaple.

Wheal Tiny behaved abysmally, but still seemed to attract a fair few viewers - most of them wanting to see the hoist moving.

Stu

• RMweb Gold

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the show today. Good to chat to so many rmwebbers.

Also great to be back in Barnstaple as its a place I used to visit a lot back in the 80s and early 90s when a friend who worked at he station and lived a few streets away from the venue of the show.

Our last visit was a few years ago.

It's just about the longest I have stayed at a show when I haven't been behind a layout!

Big thanks to Richard & the team for an excellent day in Barnstaple.

Wheal Tiny behaved abysmally, but still seemed to attract a fair few viewers - most of them wanting to see the hoist moving.

Stu

You need more meat in your pasties Stu, that should sort that hoist out !

• RMweb Gold

It was a cracking show. Nice to see so many friends. A really good line up of layouts it will be hard to match that next year Richard but we know you will try.

Don

Archived